No announcement yet.

Mirvaso has been approved by the FDA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking it up today, but not that excited about it after the reports of rebound flushing. I will go slow (patch test for a while) and let everyone know how it goes.

Comment

• Went to the derm today and got a sample tube and will get my prescription tomorrow.. Will test tomorrow and let you guys and girls know how it goes

Comment

• Does anyone here know if its safe to use mirvaso while simultaneously getting Vbeam treatments? For a few days before doing vbeam I don't plan on using Mirvaso, as well as for a few days after. Has anyone here heard anything about this? I will ask my derm next week too...

Comment

• Early Review: I tried it on the entire face. I took about 45min-1hr to kick in.

- The forehead results seem to be pretty decent.
          - Cheeks were blotchy. Some spots were too pale, which increased contrast from the redder areas.

I think my cheeks looks worse with Mirvaso because it was just too blotchy. Some areas are too pale and unnatural looking. Have you ever heard someone say you look like you've seen a ghost? Well, it sort of looks like that. The forehead seemed to give a better cosmetic result. Perhaps with some experimentation one could get it look better. I will try some different approaches and see what happens.

Overall, I think with enough experimentation (and fingers crossed there is no rebound flushing), this could be a useful medication. But I think it will be tricky to really good natural looking results (at least for me). Its a little "black and white" or should I say "red and white". Maybe if I were to dilute it a little and just go for a toning down of redness, it would be better. My early impression is that while I was not expecting a miracle drug, it was still disappointing.

Comment

• Originally posted by wiry View Post
            Early Review: I tried it on the entire face. I took about 45min-1hr to kick in.

- The forehead results seem to be pretty decent.
            - Cheeks were blotchy. Some spots were too pale, which increased contrast from the redder areas.

I think my cheeks looks worse with Mirvaso because it was just too blotchy. Some areas are too pale and unnatural looking. Have you ever heard someone say you look like you've seen a ghost? Well, it sort of looks like that. The forehead seemed to give a better cosmetic result. Perhaps with some experimentation one could get it look better. I will try some different approaches and see what happens.

Overall, I think with enough experimentation (and fingers crossed there is no rebound flushing), this could be a useful medication. But I think it will be tricky to really good natural looking results (at least for me). Its a little "black and white" or should I say "red and white". Maybe if I were to dilute it a little and just go for a toning down of redness, it would be better. My early impression is that while I was not expecting a miracle drug, it was still disappointing.
            When you say blotchy, do you mean that some areas are completely pale again whilst others are still red,
            or that some parts are less red and others more red.

Comment

• I had the same "blotchiness" problem at first, but after about an hour it all came together and was the same nice pale color. It's very important to spread it verrry well

Comment

• Test Patch Review:

Well Mirvaso definitely works (at least it did for me). I first applied it just to a section on my nose and it turned it completely pale in that area (took about 20 minutes for the effect). There was no stinging and it applies smoothly (no scent really either) the texture reminds me a bit of cetaphil moisturizer or Cerave PM.. Very thin and easy to absorb. Now after the first application and as others described, it almost looked like an obvious pale spot with surrounding pinkness, but after taking a tiny bit more, working it through the finger tips and lightly applying to the rest of my nose while trying to fade it lightly into my cheeks, it smoothed out and gave a natural pale complexion to my nose. Im pretty impressed with how good it actually works.

I will report back tomorrow morning to let everyone know how the next day is as I know a lot of people here are curious about rebound redness. I don't really have sensitive skin and there is no uncomfortableness up until this point, so I am optimistic that i will be ok.. We will see

Comment

• How much cost Mirvaso?
                  The with insurance cheaper?

Comment

• mirvoso

Got the medication last nught. Cost $45.00 with insurance coverage. Will be a few weeks until I can actually try it because of recent vbeam treatment. will update when I begin using it
                    Arlene

Comment

• Hi Anon
                      You should not use mirvaso while getting vbeam treatments. If it constricts the blood vessels the doctor will not be able to target them with the laser. Kind of defeats the purpose
                      Arlene

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt_Seattle View Post
                        Test Patch Review:

Well Mirvaso definitely works (at least it did for me). I first applied it just to a section on my nose and it turned it completely pale in that area (took about 20 minutes for the effect). There was no stinging and it applies smoothly (no scent really either) the texture reminds me a bit of cetaphil moisturizer or Cerave PM.. Very thin and easy to absorb. Now after the first application and as others described, it almost looked like an obvious pale spot with surrounding pinkness, but after taking a tiny bit more, working it through the finger tips and lightly applying to the rest of my nose while trying to fade it lightly into my cheeks, it smoothed out and gave a natural pale complexion to my nose. Im pretty impressed with how good it actually works.

I will report back tomorrow morning to let everyone know how the next day is as I know a lot of people here are curious about rebound redness. I don't really have sensitive skin and there is no uncomfortableness up until this point, so I am optimistic that i will be ok.. We will see

Thanks

Comment

• Oops. Wrong post.

Comment

• just an update:

Woke up this morning and have no rebound redness at all.. The area where applied is back to normal but actually looks a bit more evened out and slightly less pink.. Not sure if the effect is still wearing off or not. I will be applying it again today to my nose and a bit to my cheeks for the first time and I will update everybody 30 minutes after i do that.. This should be fairly soon.

Matt

Comment

• Photos?

I know this is quite rude of me to request. But could any of the current Americans that are kindly sharing their experience with us possibly upload some before and after photos?

I'm sure it'd be very much appreciated

Comment

• I know this is quite rude of me to request. But could any of the current Americans that are kindly sharing their experience with us possibly upload some before and after photos?

I'm sure it'd be very much appreciated
                                Exactly, please some pictures !
                                When I have Mirvaso I will take lot of pictures and post here the result.

Comment

Working...
                                X