Mirvaso has been approved by the FDA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by anon24 View Post
    Last night I wore from 6PM to 7Am this morning. Reapplied for the day, will wear it 9 hrs, then go to the gym. So far it is absolutely wonderful, but we'll see at the gym tonight, and then tomorrow I am not going to use it at all and see about any rebound redness. Will let you all know
    Flushing was never a symptom of yours in the first place so there should not be any rebound for you

Mirvaso looks to be the answer to all your problems

Happy days my friend

Comment

• Not for me

I cannot use Mirvaso. My face is still suffering from what is obviously rebound or some other reaction to the cream. I have been flushed all day. My baseline is worse than 4 days ago, when I started my trial.

My skin and blood vessels must be too sensitive to tolerate Mirvaso, like everything else I try.

I'm starting to think that once you pass a certain point of rosacea progression, there is not much to do but laser, which I can't tolerate either (got me into much of this mess).

I hope this passes. Good luck to everyone.

A

Comment

• Originally posted by alyfpet View Post
        I cannot use Mirvaso. My face is still suffering from what is obviously rebound or some other reaction to the cream. I have been flushed all day. My baseline is worse than 4 days ago, when I started my trial.

My skin and blood vessels must be too sensitive to tolerate Mirvaso, like everything else I try.

I'm starting to think that once you pass a certain point of rosacea progression, there is not much to do but laser, which I can't tolerate either (got me into much of this mess).

A
        How is it compared to when you first started getting the rebound? 4 days on and still being flushed constantly sounds worse than most rebounds to the brimonidine drops.
        Also, you said something about anti-histamines in your last post, you dont think their affecting it anymore? Sorry to badger you with all these questions but i just want to be realistic with my expectations of this thing.
        Last edited by maskielli; 25 September 2013, 08:45 PM.

Comment

A
          Maybe you can just use it for special occasions ...... once a month or something ......

Would that work for you ?

Comment

• Mirvaso application

Originally posted by Littlelassie View Post
            Its been almost 6 hours and I'm still pale. I do see small signs of color reappearing on my cheeks but it may be for the best since my face no longer matches my neck and arms haha. About then tan/skin pigment thing... I am very white everywhere in general, I wear a little sunscreen in my makeup but stay out of the sun almost entirely (except for walking to the car and such). My husband (who also applied a few dots of my mirvaso for no reason) has very olive/lightly tanned skin just from genetics and the few spots he put it are a few shades lighter than his normal skin. I'm going to have to figure out what to do about the areas around my eyes looking so dark, I definitely wouldn't go out looking like this. Maybe I'll put it a smidge closer to my eyes next time and use a little tinted moisturizer or bronzer. haha bronzer...that ill be a first.

Also random thing- my face has felt really cool since I applied the mirvaso, probably from the lack of blood. It's weird.
            The best way to apply Mirvaso is to start with your lower eyelids (go right up to the lash line). Next, apply it to your nose, making sure that it gets into the creases around your nostrils. Next, do both cheeks. Then take a small amount, rub it between both palms, close your eyes and spread it over your entire face.

If you experience any rebound, apply Mirvaso with a small amount of hydrocortisone lotion (1% or 2%). It tends to ease rebound as the brimonidine wears off.

Comment

• Hydrocortisone lotion helps if you have rebound flushing

Originally posted by alyfpet View Post

A
              You may want to apply Mirvaso with a small amount of hydrocortisone lotion (1% or 2%). It tends to ease rebound as the brimonidine wears off.

Comment

• Alyfpet, why don't try what wjs said ?

Hydrocortisone must work and decrease the rebound effect.

Edit: I don't have see your second post, sorry n.n

Comment

• Called my Derm and she prescribed me Mirvaso without a problem or even going. If you've gone recently, you should try this.. Anyways, the pharmacy called me and said they had to order it. I told them fine. It arrives tomorrow afternoon. I just had my 7th vbeam yesterday, so I can't use it for another week or 2. I'll update once I try it. I have more KPRF than rosacea. I do flush.

Comment

A
                    Sorry for my English.

Oh man, that's suck and hard to read. Hope it will get better. I cannot wait to use this but maybe I will have the same problem.
                    I have rubra faceii for twelve years and tried everything. Before 25-26 years old, I had a lot of intense flushing, especially when I was
                    20. Now, I don't flush like before but my face is permanent red even when I am very calm and doesn't feel the pressure on it. I feel that
                    like you I had too much destruction on my blood vessels so nothing is possible now. Maybe I am wrong.

Also, sorry if this is a dumb question, but is Mirvaso suppose to make the redness disappear forever or its just temporary every time you put it on you're face.

Comment

• Originally posted by wjs View Post
                      The best way to apply Mirvaso is to start with your lower eyelids (go right up to the lash line). Next, apply it to your nose, making sure that it gets into the creases around your nostrils. Next, do both cheeks. Then take a small amount, rub it between both palms, close your eyes and spread it over your entire face.

If you experience any rebound, apply Mirvaso with a small amount of hydrocortisone lotion (1% or 2%). It tends to ease rebound as the brimonidine wears off.
                      wjs

What are your main symptoms ?

And is Mirvaso working for you ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mirvaso2013 View Post
                        wjs

What are your main symptoms ?

And is Mirvaso working for you ?

Mainly flushing. At first, I was one of the minority of people who had some rebound. But I found that applying a small amount of hydrocortisone lotion (1 or 2%) with Mirvaso totally prevented any rebound flushing.

Comment

You may want to apply Mirvaso with a small amount of hydrocortisone lotion (1% or 2%). It tends to ease rebound as the brimonidine wears off.
                          I'm curious about this. Isn't that lotion a steriod? I have never used it, and am not excited about putting that on my skin...A little more info?

Comment

Mainly flushing. At first, I was one of the minority of people who had some rebound. But I found that applying a small amount of hydrocortisone lotion (1 or 2%) with Mirvaso totally prevented any rebound flushing.
                            So do you Flush to heated rooms / excitement / alcohol /exercise /sun

Aveeno 1% lotion

81e30IOkBiL__SX450_AA450_PIbundle-2,TopRight,0,0_AA450_SH20_.jpg
                            Last edited by Mirvaso2013; 25 September 2013, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• From http://www.patient.co.uk/medicine/Hy...(topical).htm:

"Short courses (less than four weeks) of topical steroids like hydrocortisone are usually safe* and do not cause any problems. If used for long periods, your skin may develop permanent striae (like stretch marks), bruising, discolouration, or thin spidery blood vessels."

*I'm not sure that even this is true for people with rosacea...

Comment

• Originally posted by jrlhamcat2 View Post
                                From http://www.patient.co.uk/medicine/Hy...(topical).htm:

"Short courses (less than four weeks) of topical steroids like hydrocortisone are usually safe* and do not cause any problems. If used for long periods, your skin may develop permanent striae (like stretch marks), bruising, discolouration, or thin spidery blood vessels."

*I'm not sure that even this is true for people with rosacea...

If you are just going to use Mirvaso for special occasions

Then the hydrocortisone should be safe enough then to prevent the rebound flushing etc etc

Comment

Working...
                                X