Mirvaso has been approved by the FDA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flushing!

did anyone who used mirvaso tried sport? I flush a lot after treadmill. It would be appreciated if somebody went to the gym to test it, or did some jogging.

thanx

Comment

• brief update

Okay I finally picked up Mirvaso from the pharmacy. Using the savings card, I only had to pay $50 for the 30mg tube, and I don't have a great insurance, so most folks will probably get a pretty good deal on it. I applied it in the parking lot in one spot, ran some errands, and came home, and its now been about 40 minutes. I did about a quarter sized area, and the redness has subsided a bit, but nothing to write home about. I don't know if it starts to work more after 30 minutes, I assumed that at 30 minutes it was working at maximum ability, but I will post more updates later. It is very easy to apply, spreads very easily (it's a clear cream, kind of like vaseline), and doesn't feel drying or anything like that. So the redness is reduced after about 40 minutes, not nearly as much as I'd hoped, but I will update later.

Comment

• Wow

It's only been a few minutes since my last post, but what an improvement this has made in the last 10 minutes. I have not seen my skin this color in YEARS. I was so encouraged by the test spot that I applied it all over, so we'll see how it goes from here. Based on my initial test spot, it looks like getting an even spread (and color of skin), is going to be a bit difficult, I may need to find another lotion to mix this with so it spreads evenly. I don't know if this will be a problem with other people, or if it's just my weird skin. I do not have "typical" rosacea, my doctor didn't even call it that. I have a tiny amount of seb derm, and general permanent redness on my cheeks, and up the side of my face (so it looks like I went sunbathing with glasses on). Regardless of what I have, I know that it is a question of blood flow because mirvaso and visine work well at reducing it, but Mirvaso works much better than the visine ever did. My skin is almost back to its natural color- it's incredible. Even if there is rebound redness and I can't use this long term, I don't care...just knowing I have this tool in my back pocket for special occasions is amazing. I will report back and post before/after pictures once I've mastered how to apply it evenly.

Comment

• Thanks for your experiment !!

Someone with KPRF have tried Mirvaso ?

Comment

• Originally posted by David Pascoe View Post
            Officially it is for non-transient redness, i.e. not the sort of redness that comes and goes with a flush.
            I can see this being taken up by all the 'cosmetic' dermatologists to help people obtain a clear complexion. Especially around the nose area where blood vessels break and are currently dealt with by IPL.

It will be interesting to see how 'big' this product becomes in the world of aesthetics.

Comment

• Just wanted to say thanks to the people posting their results so far. Keep em coming!
              Two more weeks before its available in my area.

Something interesting I read about Mirvaso: One of the many patents Galderma holds for Mirvaso is for the purpose of using it to treat broken blood vessels. (telangiectasis).
              So there may be even more benefits than just the obvious redness reduction.

Comment

• For the people that can't get Mirvazo, why not try Brimonidine in the eye drop form used for Glaucoma. It has been mentioned on this site before and is available now. It has been used for Rosacea and shown to work the same way.

Comment

• I am interested to see how this goes

Hello all. Long time lurker first post in two years. Huge case of diffuse redness. No pimples or pustules. 24 yo. Red hair. Have tried oracea , beta blockers and lasers. They did nothing for me as I don't have bumps on face or any veins large enough to be zapped. I have been wearing makeup to cover the redness for last 2 years. I'm a guy too so believe me it's embarrassing to say I use make up. But it has made some redness more bearable and only one person has ever asked me if I wear makeup. I live in the northern states where it's cold. Just went to the derm today. They are giving prescriptions out folks! I got a sample bottle and hope to acquire the big bottle soon. I will post updates as I see how this stuff works.

Comment

• Hydrocortisine lotion helps prevent rebound

Originally posted by alyfpet View Post
                    Just an update. I had a bad night last night, with more redness and itching/tingling than usual in my problem areas, so, I didn't use the Mirvaso this morning. Today, I am having a horrible rosacea day. My face is hot, flushy, and redder than usual.

I can't say it's the Mirvaso, because my last application was 36 hours ago. I assume that rebound would not be that long lived from just 3 applications? Regardless, I'm going to stay away until my skin settles.

The only other thing that may be causing the redness/flushing is an antihistamine that I am on day 3 of taking (Clarinex). I think that sometimes the antihistamine dries my skin out and makes my rosacea worse. I am hoping that is it. I don't want to think that this new treatment will not ultimately help me. I was so excited.

Needless to say, I'm feeling pretty depressed today about this.

Alyssa
                    I have found that mixing Mirvaso with a small amount of hydrocortisone lotion (1 or 2 %) is very effective in preventing any rebound effects or delayed redness.

Comment

• Was anybody able to have this prescribed by a regular doctor and not a dermatologist?

Comment

• Hello,

Is there somebody who has used first brimonidine eye drops and later Mirvaso gel? I wonder is Mirvaso somehow much more effective than those eye drops, especially when we talk about blocking flushes?

Comment

• Originally posted by wjs View Post
                          I have found that mixing Mirvaso with a small amount of hydrocortisone lotion (1 or 2 %) is very effective in preventing any rebound effects or delayed redness.
                          Ive seen this also , somewhere before
                          Last edited by Mirvaso2013; 25 September 2013, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sepi View Post
                            Hello,

Is there somebody who has used first brimonidine eye drops and later Mirvaso gel? I wonder is Mirvaso somehow much more effective than those eye drops, especially when we talk about blocking flushes?

That's the other 6 million Dollar Question

Very good my friend .

Comment

• Update

Last night I wore from 6PM to 7Am this morning. Reapplied for the day, will wear it 9 hrs, then go to the gym. So far it is absolutely wonderful, but we'll see at the gym tonight, and then tomorrow I am not going to use it at all and see about any rebound redness. Will let you all know

Comment

• Originally posted by anon24 View Post
                                Last night I wore from 6PM to 7Am this morning. Reapplied for the day, will wear it 9 hrs, then go to the gym. So far it is absolutely wonderful, but we'll see at the gym tonight, and then tomorrow I am not going to use it at all and see about any rebound redness. Will let you all know
                                Please do mate! Any input here is valuable to us brits!

Anyone here with flushing problems instead of perm redness and KPRF etc?

Comment

Working...
                                X