• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Andy33
    This user has been banned from this forum

• Andy33
    replied
    After reading nearly every post on here since Mirvaso was released . You would want to be crazy to put this stuff on your face day after day . pure madness .

Leave a comment:

• roasceaclearwannabe

• roasceaclearwannabe
    replied
    Found this article too about rebound flushing from Mirvaso: http://download.journals.elsevierhea...2213011778.pdf

Leave a comment:

• lparker

• lparker
    replied
    I have a question. I stopped taking this Mirvaso on Saturday it is now Wednesday. Flushing has improved with my diet but not much. Now it is still early, I know it can take 4 or 5 weeks to see improvement and I took it for 2 months. But my question is does Mirvaso really get into the blood stream? I was trying to fast the other day which I do periodically and my face turned extremely red, I thought I might have to go to the emergency room. So... I wont be doing that again. But, is my body trying to get this stuff out of the bloodstream. I am confused.... Or is this physical state the new norm for me. Constant flushing from heat and foods.

Leave a comment:

• roasceaclearwannabe

• roasceaclearwannabe
    replied
    Have you seen this advert for mirvaso.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9JPn3gZkoE

Leave a comment:

• Brady Barrows

• Brady Barrows
    replied
    It is important to note in the prescription handout of Mirvaso the following:

5.4 Erythema and Flushing
    Some subjects in the clinical trials discontinued use of MIRVASO topical gel because of erythema or flushing. The effect of MIRVASO topical gel may begin to diminish hours after application. For some subjects in the clinical trials, erythema was reported to return worse compared to the severity at baseline [see Adverse Reactions (6)].

17 PATIENT COUNSELING INFORMATION
    • Some patients using MIRVASO topical gel may experience erythema or flushing.
    • Patients should report any adverse reactions to their physician.

Leave a comment:

• Brady Barrows

• Brady Barrows
    replied
    Originally posted by mwilson21 View Post
    Are you planning on sending our responses to Gaulderma or the FDA? Thanks
    At this time there are no plans to do this.

Leave a comment:

• Susan Heller

• Susan Heller
    replied
    Re: I am having a bad side effect with Mirvaso

Originally posted by David Pascoe View Post
    News today that Galderma has succeeded in gaining FDA Approval for Mirvaso – the brand name chosen for the product that during development was known as Sansrosa, CD07805/47 and Col-118.

The Brimonidine Tartrate 0.33% Topical Gel is expected to be available as soon as next month.

Great news that approval has been granted after so many years of waiting for rosacea sufferers following the development of this product.

Note the Safety Information
    Last week I was given two tiny samples of Mirvaso to try before making the expensive investment in filling a prescription.

I barely used a small pea portion on both cheeks. Within 15 minutes I noticed a significant change with the redness. I was excited and thought I found "the cure". My left ear and side of neck started to throb. I had the worst earache I have ever experienced. This product is a vasoconstrictor and I think it had effected the blood flow to my ear. I quit using it for a couple of days and gave it another try. Same thing happened.

Has anyone had this experience? Obviously, I am not going to be able to use this product.

I am so disappointed.

Susan

Leave a comment:

• johnabetts

• johnabetts
    replied
    Originally posted by mwilson21 View Post
    I doubt there is any need to do that. Even if Galderma or the FDA are not following this (and other) discussion(s) directly themselves, I am certain that there will be, or has been, reports made to them quoting these findings.

Also, the comments made by Galderma sales reps in December/January in their own forum (http://www.cafepharma.com/boards/) and their dissatisfaction with the company they represent and the products they are attempting to sell do not make amusing reading. This is in addition to the huge changes being made at the top of the company such as the replacement of senior and top executives and L'Oreal selling off all of their interest in Galderma to Nestlé (getting out while there's something left to get out of). The board at Galderma can't help but know of the problem.

Leave a comment:

• mwilson21

• mwilson21
    replied
    Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    mwilson21 makes the 120th negative report collected so far. Only 36 positive ones as far as I know.

Leave a comment:

• Mister_Twiggy

• Mister_Twiggy
    replied
    Thank You

Thank you for compiling the list Mr. Barrows. I've bought a bottle of Mirvaso, but I haven't touched it yet.

Leave a comment:

• Brady Barrows

• Brady Barrows
    replied
    mwilson21 makes the 120th negative report collected so far. Only 36 positive ones as far as I know.

Leave a comment:

• mwilson21

• mwilson21
    replied
    I too have had a bad rebound effect from the Mirvaso. The first time I used it I was so pale my wife thought I was sick or something. On the 3rd day of use, I started noticing the cream wearing off at around the 5th hour so I had to reapply to just get me thru the day at work. I reported back to my doctor and she suggested putting it on after lunch. This helped a little better but the rebound effect would strike at night and was unbearable. After a couple weeks of Mirvaso application, my flushing triggers were off the charts again and as bad as they have ever been. It took about 4-5 weeks for my face to completely calm down.

I thought this was going to be the "one" but it actually made my rosacea much much worse. My doctor said she had only prescribed it to a few others but hadn't heard of the rebound flushing I complained about. She told me to discontinue use which is what I did. Very disappointing that the FDA approved this cream without the proper due diligence.

Leave a comment:

• bangduongca

• bangduongca
    replied
    Hello,
    * I am Mr.Duong and I speak English poorly.
    * So I asked when official Mirvaso gel sold in Vietnam. I've been waiting for this for so long.
    Thank you for reading.

Leave a comment:

• nat007

• nat007
    replied
    Originally posted by toomuchblush View Post
    Hey there fellow rosacians. I'm 26 and have had mild rosacea since the beginning of high school.
    [..]
    I sit here now about twenty-four hours after my last application flushed and dilated more than ever about to go to work wishing that I had never found this drug. Such a tease and waste of money. Initial results - FANTASTIC... prolonged use results - I'm not going to be the one to find out. Uh oh, oh no, no more mirvaso. Good luck girls and guys.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us toomuchblush, I'm sorry Mirvaso didn't work out and its even worse because you get the victorious first few hours of normality, then followed by this nightmare. Your comment made negative review nr. 113 here; http://scarletnat.blogspot.nl/2013/1...responses.html

Leave a comment:

• toomuchblush

• toomuchblush
    replied
    uh-oh oh-no no more mirvaso...

Hey there fellow rosacians. I'm 26 and have had mild rosacea since the beginning of high school. I never imagined that I'd join a forum such as this, but this drug drove me to "see red," so to speak. After receiving a small sample size of mirvaso from my dermatologist I was absolutely skeptical of any credentials this drug may have. I had no intentions of even trying it, but rosacea is relentless and after a week or so of hanging on to my little sample tube I finally made the decision to apply it. About ten minutes after applying I couldn't believe what I was seeing, or wasn't seeing... NO RED! Needless to say my excitement had me dancing around my apartment and put me in one of the best moods I've felt in a long time. The red had dissipated and the flushing was almost completely gone... I felt victorious. Fast forward seven or eight hours later and cue the dreadful, lurking orchestra music as I physically felt the drug wearing off. Without any triggers present I began feeling my facial blood vessels dilate uncontrollably. Luckily I had just finished my shift at work and came home to see what was beginning to go on and I took a look in the mirror... call me patches. Uneven DARK red areas where the drug was probably wearing off began surfacing around clearer areas of skin. Eventually my entire face became dilated once the drug was no longer working, but the flush I experienced after it was unlike any other. Unrelenting, tightened skin, deep-dark red patches entangled amongst "less" red skin for the rest of the night. It was horrific, but rosacea is horrific so I decided I would continue to use it anyways despite the forums and first-time experience. Onto day two of use... same results. My skin looked so, so good a few minutes after initial application and once again I was on cloud nine. Fast-forward to the come down and there I sat in the same red boat as before thinking WTF! At that point I knew that this cream was doing something bad, but the climax of the drug felt so good, I couldn't just give it up. I went through the cycle one final time, but this time the come-down flush and after-effects was too much to take. I sit here now about twenty-four hours after my last application flushed and dilated more than ever about to go to work wishing that I had never found this drug. Such a tease and waste of money. Initial results - FANTASTIC... prolonged use results - I'm not going to be the one to find out. Uh oh, oh no, no more mirvaso. Good luck girls and guys.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X