Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by anon24 View Post
    Hi all,

I'm a new member here, been following this thread in anticipation for Mirvaso. Just wanted to let you all know that I got my derm to call in Mirvaso today (pharmacist had never heard of it since it's brand new), and I am picking it up tomorrow around noon PST. Without insurance it will cost $290 for the 30 gram tube. However, I do have insurance, they just don't cover Mirvaso, so I went to Mirvaso's website www.mirvaso.com and printed out some savings, so the most I should have to pay is $80. Been waiting for this day for a long time, really excited. I'll keep you guys updated. By the way I am in California. And yes..I have read all the warnings and negative reactions from members on this board with brimonidine so please don't tell me to be careful
    Hey. Yes please do keep us updated on your use with mirvaso. What are you symptoms, perm redness, flushing or both?

Many thanks for letting us all know it is available NOW.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben1992 View Post
      Hey. Yes please do keep us updated on your use with mirvaso. What are you symptoms, perm redness, flushing or both?

Many thanks for letting us all know it is available NOW.
      My experience with what may be rosacea, and a little seb derm. I do not have typical rosacea, it does not really come and go, I don't "flush", it is more of a permanent redness on the cheeks and up the side of my face. The redness has gotten worse over the years, and nothing I do seems to fix it. Currently, for special occasions I use visine (tetrahydrozoline), works better than afrin for me, to reduce the redness for about 6-8 hours till it comes back (never rebounds). I think I am a good candidate for Mirvaso, though we'll see!

Comment

• how exciting for you! keep us all updated. i hope it works great for u and is everything youre hoping it will be!

Originally posted by anon24 View Post
        Hi all,

I'm a new member here, been following this thread in anticipation for Mirvaso. Just wanted to let you all know that I got my derm to call in Mirvaso today (pharmacist had never heard of it since it's brand new), and I am picking it up tomorrow around noon PST. Without insurance it will cost $290 for the 30 gram tube. However, I do have insurance, they just don't cover Mirvaso, so I went to Mirvaso's website www.mirvaso.com and printed out some savings, so the most I should have to pay is $80. Been waiting for this day for a long time, really excited. I'll keep you guys updated. By the way I am in California. And yes..I have read all the warnings and negative reactions from members on this board with brimonidine so please don't tell me to be careful

Comment

• Shoot! My pharmacy just called me and said the wholesaler called her and said it is so new they don't have it yet- but at least it's showing up in pharmacy and wholesaler systems- should be any day now. She is going to get more info from them tomorrow and give me a call. I'll keep you all posted.

Comment

• I'm thinking that a 30g tube of Rozex lasted me 2 months so in theory a 30g tube of Mirvaso should be equal.

$280 is a lot of money, but that breaks down into $140 a month which is like £85...I would absolutely pay up to £100 a month to have a clear face for the time being until it's available in the UK. if anyone finds any website selling it (legally or illegally) then please let us all know

Comment

• legally or illegally
              Love that xD

For me too, i've send a mail to them and they say this :

Bonjour,

Merci pour votre message.

Pour votre information, cette spécialité pharmaceutique est pour le moment en cours d’évaluation par les autorités européennes en vue de l’obtention d’une autorisation de mise sur le marché. Ainsi cette spécialité n’est pas encore disponible.

Cordialement,

Mariam Hamzé
              If someone can buy it for resell the product, tell me !

Comment

• Picked my Mirvaso up today

I just picked up my Mirvaso from the pharmacy today. I dropped off the prescription Wednesday and it was actually ready to be picked up yesterday (Thursday), so Duane reade in NYC had no problem getting it in for me. I didn't bother picking it up until today because I wanted to wait for the weekend to try it any way. I am very nervous that I will be part of the percentage of people who flush and get worsened redness. I don't react well to most topicals. Since I also can't tolerate ipl or laser, I am hoping this will work for me. Also. my derm said it might take practice to apply evenly and not leave white marks where applied. I will probably try it out tonight. Feeling very anxious but excited.

Comment

• Originally posted by alyfpet View Post
                  I just picked up my Mirvaso from the pharmacy today. I dropped off the prescription Wednesday and it was actually ready to be picked up yesterday (Thursday), so Duane reade in NYC had no problem getting it in for me. I didn't bother picking it up until today because I wanted to wait for the weekend to try it any way. I am very nervous that I will be part of the percentage of people who flush and get worsened redness. I don't react well to most topicals. Since I also can't tolerate ipl or laser, I am hoping this will work for me. Also. my derm said it might take practice to apply evenly and not leave white marks where applied. I will probably try it out tonight. Feeling very anxious but excited.
                  So its officialy out? Can't wait to read you're reaction. Hope its working for rubra faceii. Been facing insanity for the last 12 years.

Also, if anyone living in Canada, I would like to know if you got it.

Et french friend, je vais voir si jamais je l'obtiens ce que je peux faire si jamais en Europe ils ne l'ont pas encore

Comment

Im looking forward to see how you get on

I hope it goes well

Comment

• Can a Canadian go to America and see a doctor? And subsequently have them write a prescription?

I'm having a tough time googling this because all the results seem to be the opposite, Americans going to Canada for a doctor.

Comment

• Héhé thanks Canadian friend ! I really want it and if nobody helps me I would not have 1 or 2 years before x)

Comment

Just test patch a certain area to see how it responds.. I have an appointment next Wednesday to get it hopefully.. Il let everybody know how it goes..

Comment

I am a newbie here almost 48 yr old female..got here searching the term "mirvaso reviews" anyways, I got it a week ago. I haven't seen any rebound, but it does wear off. I use it once a day after my shower. My rosacea had calmed down for a couple years but has been back about 6 months very bad on my left side..complete with pustules on pustules. I don't flush, my red is red all the time..sometimes more angry than others(like if I do something to it it doesn't like..lotion etc..)

I am on state insurance and it did cover it with only like a $2.00 copay, so I feel very blessed as there is no way I could afford fees here folks have mentioned
                            Anyways, in a weeks time you can tell when I use it. At first, it gets a bit redder looking but a couple hours later it blanches out..rather like pushing your finger hard on something until the pink turns white...it looks tons better!! the less red side almost looks normal on it.

I tried metro gel and finacea in the past...total waste of time. Oddly enough I was in a clinical trial quite a few years ago..now I wonder if this was the drug they were trying..if so I had the placebo...LOL! I have not experienced any rebound. well, at least the red doesn't come back worse, just the same as before the med.
                            Curious, what may help the pustules? tried doxy years ago and burned to a crisp on it..still have discolored skin on my fingers..wonder of the lower dosed oracea(sp) would work?

I am disheartened to read others were made worse over time using the same chemical as mirvaso..hope that doesn't happen to me or was just because the used a powder at untried dosing and use.

wishing folks well!

Comment

• Wow.
                              I wonder when in Poland or Germany or the UK will be available Mirvaso.

dogkrazy
                              , you use powder Brimonidine or Mirvaso?

alyfpet
                              , you already tested Mirvaso?
                              Last edited by poppe; 21 September 2013, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• can a Canadian go to America to see a doctor

Hi Vovin
                                When my husband was sick I met a few Canadians in the doctors office. You can see an American doctor, but you might have a problem getting insurance coverage. If you want to go that route try googling an American city close to the boarder of where you live and get a zip code. Then google ratemd.com to get a doctor recommendation in that zip code. Good luck
                                Arlene

Comment

Working...
                                X