X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no there is no proof, it is only my opinion :p

Comment

• Originally posted by Mirvaso2013 View Post
      I am amazed that no one has mentioned what effect Alcohol will have with Mirvaso

Is it to be avoided ? ..Theres no mention anywhere about the effect of Alcohol while using Mirvaso
      Yes, so far there has been no information about whether mixing alcohol and Mirvaso is a no-no. So if alcohol is not in the PI as not to be taken then it is likely to be safe. Safe yes, smart - well that is for you to decide.
      Get Rosacea News here - https://rosacea-support.org

Comment

• Originally posted by johnabetts View Post
        Remember that the UK is not a satellite of the USA and what is approved by licensing authorities there does not necessarily apply elsewhere.

Other countries will assess the trial results of Galderma and possibly demand trials of their own before approving a new drug (or not).

Another condition of approval for NHS use in the UK is the cost effectiveness. If improvements in the condition are only minimal and the product had a high cost, it will not get approved. This does not prevent its private use, though, with associated high cost.
        So that could take ages for galderma to apply for a licence in the uk, does this mean that they will have to start the trials all over again for the uk?

Comment

• Originally posted by red11 View Post
          So that could take ages for galderma to apply for a licence in the uk, does this mean that they will have to start the trials all over again for the uk?
          It is most likely that the UK will use the results of the trials already carried out - note that the work already done was not specifically for the FDA, just that the FDA were first with the approval for use.

For prescription on the NHS things are slightly different in that there has to be a proven cost/effectiveness over and above currently available medications for the condition. From what we are led to believe this is true in regard to effectiveness so it will come down to cost.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnabetts View Post
            It is most likely that the UK will use the results of the trials already carried out - note that the work already done was not specifically for the FDA, just that the FDA were first with the approval for use.

For prescription on the NHS things are slightly different in that there has to be a proven cost/effectiveness over and above currently available medications for the condition. From what we are led to believe this is true in regard to effectiveness so it will come down to cost.
            Thanks for the quick reply, looks like we will screwed if it comes down to cost with this goverment in charge!! Might still become available privately hopefully!.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Pascoe View Post
              Yes, so far there has been no information about whether mixing alcohol and Mirvaso is a no-no. So if alcohol is not in the PI as not to be taken then it is likely to be safe. Safe yes, smart - well that is for you to decide.
              Thanks

Comment

• The Mirvaso website has launched! www.mirvaso.com

Go check it out!

Comment

• AMAZING ! Big progress !

Comment

• Originally posted by roasceaclearwannabe View Post
                    The Mirvaso website has launched! www.mirvaso.com

Go check it out!

Well its about time ................ Ive been waiting 22 years for a product like this
                    Last edited by Mirvaso2013; 19 September 2013, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• Is this item expensive for US patients compared against other prescription rosacea drugs/treatments? I am a UK resident so I have no idea but was just wondering how much it might cost the NHS over in the UK.

Comment

• yes, finally nice to see that something is going on.

Comment

• Does this mean derms can now prescribe it? And that it's in stock at pharmacies?
                          Last edited by Vovin; 19 September 2013, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• Hi all,

I'm a new member here, been following this thread in anticipation for Mirvaso. Just wanted to let you all know that I got my derm to call in Mirvaso today (pharmacist had never heard of it since it's brand new), and I am picking it up tomorrow around noon PST. Without insurance it will cost $290 for the 30 gram tube. However, I do have insurance, they just don't cover Mirvaso, so I went to Mirvaso's website www.mirvaso.com and printed out some savings, so the most I should have to pay is $80. Been waiting for this day for a long time, really excited. I'll keep you guys updated. By the way I am in California. And yes..I have read all the warnings and negative reactions from members on this board with brimonidine so please don't tell me to be careful

Comment

• Anyone want to get an extra bottle for me? I'll make it worth your while.

Comment

• I am aware that Mirvaso is only available in America, although if anyone has any suggestions how I can get Mirvaso in Australia it would be greatly appreciated! I have a job interview on the 16 October and it would be amazing for my red face not to be my main concern. I will pay whatever is required

Comment

Working...
                                X