Cliradex: Lid, Lash & Facial Cleanser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cliradex: Lid, Lash & Facial Cleanser

Hi all, I am new to the forum, and I wanted to ask you all if you have heard of a new product called Cliradex and what you thought of it? My eye doctor recommended it to me as part of my hygiene regimen for ocular rosacea. Thanks!

Cliradex is a commercial presentation of tea tree oil.

A check of the archives on this forum reveals hundreds of references in the treatment of rosaceous conditions.

Comment

It will do nothing to tackle redness. I think it's a waist of money and time.

Comment

Ltd IV

I have been pretty successful with the Ltd IV disc from Bass and Boney pharmaceuticals, combined with Tea Tree oil. Not perfect but what a relief to put it into remission with small controllable bouts. This Demodex mite is tough to kill and you must remain vigilant. TTO is effective at killing these mites. At first when you get a big kill things will appear worse because the mites are dying and they carry the bacteria that causes the bad pimple out breaks. So it is a good sign when you get worse keep up the treatments it may take a couple of months to break the life cycle of this mite. In my case the red areas (mite colonies) have steadily decreased and with any luck maybe by June I will have them beat. I am researching another possible approach used for treating demodex in canines. One was carcinogenic to humans, the other uses a rotonone insecticide which comes from a plant root in South America. It is non-persistent, and breaks down rapidly. Will check back in with what I find.

Comment

Does anyone have any idea what kind of 'strength'/concentration TTO this product is?

Comment

Originally posted by davem81 View Post
            Does anyone have any idea what kind of 'strength'/concentration TTO this product is?
            I remember seeing that somewhere, I think it might be in this: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2946818/

Comment

Thanks for that link, Sally.

I looked on the various patents for this product but they ill defined as to actual concentrations suitable for use.

Comment

Originally posted by johnabetts View Post
                Thanks for that link, Sally.

I looked on the various patents for this product but they ill defined as to actual concentrations suitable for use.
                Hi John

Some people on this forum - http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/forum.php - have been using Cliradex. Might be worth doing an advanced search to see how they got on.

I wish I had time for a re-read but I have to visit my daughter - she had laser eye surgery last week and is now hospitalised with a severe eye infection. As she also has symptoms of Rosacea and blepharitis I can't help wondering if Demodex are somehow implicated. I read that they carry bacteria on their surface e.g. Streptococci and Staphylococci. No one can explain how it happened. Apparently "it's just one of those things!"

Comment

How horrible for your daughter. To have something as apparently safe and straightforward as that and end up with a severe infection.

I'm sure you are right about demodex being bacteria carriers - makes sense. Nasty little buggers.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Sally & sorry to hear of your troubles.

Comment

Originally posted by yoegan View Post
                      Hi all, I am new to the forum, and I wanted to ask you all if you have heard of a new product called Cliradex and what you thought of it? My eye doctor recommended it to me as part of my hygiene regimen for ocular rosacea. Thanks!
                      Hi there,

I'm also new to this forum and, sadly, have not been able to get much response. I have bad demodectic rosacea (looks like a chemical burn when it flares) with ocular involvement and have been battling it for a while. What has helped the most was deep cleansing with a clarisonic brush and soap with pyrithione zinc, cream from Hoskins in Australia and a combination of oral ivermectin twice a week and topical 5% permethrin. I did all of that without medical help since what dermatologists had tried (IPL and doxy) only made things worse.
                      Here's the strange thing...as my face has improved my eyes got much worse..almost as though the demodex found my face no longer "hospitable" so they fled to my eyes.

After tons of reading about Dr. Safran and Dr. Tseng's successes with tea tree scrubs, I've been doing that but found it wasn't helping much at all and, if anything, seemed to be burning and irritating my eyes. I finally found an ophthalmologist on the Cliradex site and saw him last week. By this time, I'd lost faith in tea tree oil and had no hope that Cliradex would help but bought a box, just to try. The first use was a little scary...major burning and bumps, like a bad allergic reaction. But about a minute later, it all went away and my eyes felt good and clear, not itchy for the first time in months. That night I used it on my face, too, with the same results..it really seems to kill demodex fast and was nothing like the usual tea tree oil. It's still early to be too optimistic but so far it's sort of miraculous. They told me at the office that it contains metaleuca which is in tea tree and not the tea tree oil, itself. But whatever, I'm hopeful again and plan to keep this product on hand forever. Too bad it's so expensive but when you're desperate...

Comment

Originally posted by RubyRose View Post
                        Too bad it's so expensive but when you're desperate...
                        Cliradex doesn't have to be so expensive, PM me if you want to know how to get it at a discount.

Comment

Can I use the cliradex in my skin for Demodex or only in the eyes??
                          I have very sensitive dry stinging skin !!

Comment

Originally posted by CARNI View Post
                            Can I use the cliradex in my skin for Demodex or only in the eyes??
                            I have very sensitive dry stinging skin !!
                            I would want to know the pH - healthy skin is acidic whereas the ocular mucosa is alkaline. It's really not great to use alkaline products on hypersensitive skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Firefox7275 View Post
                              I would want to know the pH - healthy skin is acidic whereas the ocular mucosa is alkaline. It's really not great to use alkaline products on hypersensitive skin.

Thanks for the reply Firefox7275!!
                              I don't know the ph of my skin but I know I have very hypersensitive stinging skin!!

Comment

Working...
                              X