Gut biofilms+treatments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gut biofilms+treatments

This is a nice piece by Dr Stephen Olmstead. He is the chief science officer for Prothera.

Free Online Library: Life on the edge: the clinical implications of gastrointestinal biofilm.(Report) by "Townsend Letter"; Health, general Antiulcer agents Antiulcer drugs Gastrointestinal diseases Care and treatment Research Risk factors Medical equipment Microbial mats Health aspects Physiological apparatus Probiotics Usage

There are three of us who attend the same clinic here in Brisbane who have started this regime. We have all stopped and restarted due to nasty side effects. Actually I have not restarted yet. I have had other health issues to contend with.

Abdominal bloating/discomfort, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, are some of the side effects. Increased facial inflammation in me as a rosacean.

Being the skeptic that I am, as much as I believe in the existence of pathogenic biofilms, I also wonder to what extend the products themselves cause their own set of issues, irrespective of what they may, or may not be disrupting.

Anyway, the linked article is very interesting and may help some people.
    Last edited by Mistica; 9 March 2011, 03:44 AM.
    Previous Numerous IPL.
    Supplements: High dose Niacinamide, Vit K2, low dose Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Mod- dose B's. Low dose zinc. Testing Quercetin.

Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
    Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
    Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
    Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.
Working...
X