Amino acid NAC for blushing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amino acid NAC for blushing?

Was on BBC breakfast programme that this has been proven to help with a load of anxiety disorders.

On the programme was a women who pulled her hair out when nervous or anxious. She just couldn't help it and would pull strands of hair at a time in a nervous reaction. She has now been on NAC and hasn't pulled any hair since.

She said that studies prove that a deficiency in this vitamin causes nervous type reactions in people. It is proven to be as, if not more, effective than taking a course of CBT. I'll try to find a link to the interview.

Very interesting.

Here you go: http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle...D3aPc:_Yyc:aUU
    Jamie1088
    Last edited by Jamie1088; 7 July 2009, 07:42 AM.

I tried taking NAC when I was first trialling vitamin D3 about 2 years ago. One of the supplements made me flush quite badly. Whilst I cant say 100% which one I would go for the NAC as I am now taking vitamin D3 by itself and that is okay.

Sorry that was long winded

Comment

Nac

Has anyone had success using NAC?
      Doug

Comment

Amino acid NAC for blushing?

Long relegated to infrequent use in unusual circumstances, the amino acid-derived compound N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) has drawn increased scientific attention.
        NAC replenishes levels of the intracellular antioxidant glutathione (GSH), which is often deficient with advancing age and in chronic illness.
        NAC also regulates expression of scores of genes in the pathways that link oxidative stress to inflammation.
        These dual effects give NAC a unique role in the prevention and treatment of many common diseases, both acute and chronic.
        NAC can protect against avian influenza and more common seasonal flu symptoms.
        NAC reduces the frequency and duration of attacks of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and may slow the clinical course of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF).
        NAC protects tissues from the effects of exercise-induced oxidative stress, adding value and safety to your workout.
        NAC improves insulin sensitivity in people with some of the most difficult-to-treat metabolic disorders.
        NAC blocks cancer development at virtually every step in the process, and through multiple mechanisms, making it an important cancer chemopreventive agent.
        NAC fights the stomach infection Helicobacter pylori on two fronts, inhibiting the organism’s growth while reducing production of inflammatory cytokines that can lead to gastritis and cancer.

Comment

Anyone have success with NAC?

Originally posted by David147 View Post
          Long relegated to infrequent use in unusual circumstances, the amino acid-derived compound N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) has drawn increased scientific attention.
          NAC replenishes levels of the intracellular antioxidant glutathione (GSH), which is often deficient with advancing age and in chronic illness.
          NAC also regulates expression of scores of genes in the pathways that link oxidative stress to inflammation.
          These dual effects give NAC a unique role in the prevention and treatment of many common diseases, both acute and chronic.
          NAC can protect against avian influenza and more common seasonal flu symptoms.
          NAC reduces the frequency and duration of attacks of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and may slow the clinical course of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF).
          NAC protects tissues from the effects of exercise-induced oxidative stress, adding value and safety to your workout.
          NAC improves insulin sensitivity in people with some of the most difficult-to-treat metabolic disorders.
          NAC blocks cancer development at virtually every step in the process, and through multiple mechanisms, making it an important cancer chemopreventive agent.
          NAC fights the stomach infection Helicobacter pylori on two fronts, inhibiting the organism’s growth while reducing production of inflammatory cytokines that can lead to gastritis and cancer.
          SOOO has anyone had success taking NAC? IF so, how much do you take?
          Doug

Comment

Working...
          X