Looking for help/experiences/advice on VBeam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for help/experiences/advice on VBeam

Why does VBeam get such mixed results? Around 50% found it useful on Realself yet all the doctors insist it's useful and the answer for everyone with visible facial veins and redness and if it didn't work you should get more. Are those who don't find it successful going to doctors/spas that aren't skilled or is it just not suitable for everyone? Online advice is very conflicting. I want to trust professionals but something tells me they aren't 100% honest about VBeam.

watch out for lasers, it is very dangerous for the skin when it is thin, sensitive with a poor protective barrier (and such skin is often associated with this type of problem). Lasers can worsen your condition very often, which is quite dangerous in the long term time perspective

Comment

As you have pointed out there are mixed results when reporting about VBeam which seems to be one of the more expensive machines out there. You may want to watch the video in this thread of categories.
      Brady Barrows
      Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Originally posted by Chch View Post
        Why does VBeam get such mixed results? Around 50% found it useful on Realself yet all the doctors insist it's useful and the answer for everyone with visible facial veins and redness and if it didn't work you should get more. Are those who don't find it successful going to doctors/spas that aren't skilled or is it just not suitable for everyone? Online advice is very conflicting. I want to trust professionals but something tells me they aren't 100% honest about VBeam.
        Most of the doctors who write on Real Self about lasers are trying to sell laser services, which they must do as they have invested a lot of money in buying or renting expensive laser equipment. Also, laser and IPL is likely to be less problematic for people who don't have rosacea, so you are likely to find more than half of rosacea patients eventually have problems with these treatments.

Comment

Originally posted by antwantsclear View Post
          Most of the doctors who write on Real Self about lasers are trying to sell laser services, which they must do as they have invested a lot of money in buying or renting expensive laser equipment. Also, laser and IPL is likely to be less problematic for people who don't have rosacea, so you are likely to find more than half of rosacea patients eventually have problems with these treatments.

Yes you are right. They propose it because they invested money, but it really is dangerous. It looks nice in advertising materials, but it's just an advertisement.

Comment

I've had over 15 Vbeam lasers and yes, they can have varying results, but in the 10 years of having this condition, it's actually the only thing that has helped me most. I haven't had one in 2 years, but I am actually going for another one next month, as my skin has regressed a lot in the last 6 months. What I would say is that the results are temporary, your symptoms will likely return, so it's important to look at the root cause of the issues. I'm currently trying to heal my leaky gut, but I hope the laser will help me along the way and get me through the Summer as I continue to work on the root cause. The most important thing is the practioner. Most of the negative reports are those that haven't got adequate experience with the various lasers, and as stated above, just want to sell you them as a marketing tool. I can provide pictures of my results if you PM me, or you can find them on the forum as well. Hope that helps if you are considering getting one!

Comment

Originally posted by Seb91 View Post
              I've had over 15 Vbeam lasers and yes, they can have varying results, but in the 10 years of having this condition, it's actually the only thing that has helped me most. I haven't had one in 2 years, but I am actually going for another one next month, as my skin has regressed a lot in the last 6 months. What I would say is that the results are temporary, your symptoms will likely return, so it's important to look at the root cause of the issues. I'm currently trying to heal my leaky gut, but I hope the laser will help me along the way and get me through the Summer as I continue to work on the root cause. The most important thing is the practioner. Most of the negative reports are those that haven't got adequate experience with the various lasers, and as stated above, just want to sell you them as a marketing tool. I can provide pictures of my results if you PM me, or you can find them on the forum as well. Hope that helps if you are considering getting one!

if you have thick skin, you can handle it better. But in the greater perception of time and with strong settings, be careful anyway. The face is not an ass, the skin is different, and usually with rosacea, it is weak, thin with a damaged protective barrier, so you have to be careful. Besides, I used to have many treatments and no treatment ever healed me, sometimes some skin was brighter for a short time but it didn't take too long. Finally, however, I had the last treatment I had, which destroyed my skin at the treatment site.

Comment

Originally posted by przemek View Post
                if you have thick skin, you can handle it better. But in the greater perception of time and with strong settings, be careful anyway. The face is not an ass, the skin is different, and usually with rosacea, it is weak, thin with a damaged protective barrier, so you have to be careful. Besides, I used to have many treatments and no treatment ever healed me, sometimes some skin was brighter for a short time but it didn't take too long. Finally, however, I had the last treatment I had, which destroyed my skin at the treatment site.
                Have you managed to heal your rosacea since the laser? It?s something I said I didn?t want to go back to (laser) but in desperate times, it?s the only thing I can turn to for relief?even if only for a few months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have you managed to heal your rosacea since the laser? It?s something I said I didn?t want to go back to (laser) but in desperate times, it?s the only thing I can turn to for relief?even if only for a few months

I haven't been able to heal, but somehow I manage to control the problem. I would like to have skin before laser treatments that in the long run destroy the skin and have not healed anyone yet (at most sometimes they give the impression of a slight improvement for a short time because the skin may be lighter - but it lasts for a short time and in the long term, after subsequent treatments, the skin's protective barrier is more and more damaged). If the skin is thick, it will handle it better. So I know that there may be a feeling of improvement - I remember after my first IPL that I thought it might help because I saw the effect of lighter skin but it lasted short and it ended badly.
                  People who write that they are satisfied may be people after the first treatments who see the first effect and it is lighter skin, but they do not know yet that it is only temporary and they do not realize how their skin can be damaged in subsequent treatments. If I could turn back time, I wouldn't go for laser treatments. I had 10-20 of them and I am writing this from the perspective of an experienced person. It is not worth the risk because not only did it end badly for me, but there are many such people. I also had deceptive hopes that one day it might help permanently because I was guided by the fact that after the first treatments I saw a slight improvement (which was only temporary) but then I was young and I did not know how it really works.

Comment

Did you have IPL or VBeam? I do think IPL is more dangerous than VBeam in my experience. I?ve had 15 Vbeams and haven?t had any long lasting issues, although as you mentioned, success is temporary. My main focus is tackling the root cause so that I can keep my rosacea at bay. Trying to heal my leaky gut which I tested positive for last month, which may be contributing to my worsening symptoms.

Comment

Did you have IPL or VBeam? I do think IPL is more dangerous than VBeam in my experience. I?ve had 15 Vbeams and haven?t had any long lasting issues, although as you mentioned, success is temporary. My main focus is tackling the root cause so that I can keep my rosacea at bay. Trying to heal my leaky gut which I tested positive for last month, which may be contributing to my worsening symptoms.

I had the most IPL but there was also VBEAM 1x time. There was also Cutera excel v, there were also 2 others, I don't remember the name anymore.
                      I do not know if there is any major difference, i.e. Vbeam left traces. Others don't. But I remember my beginning, the first IPL was the effect of lighter skin for about a month. then I did the 2nd treatment and it was a bit better and then the third some stronger settings and he destroyed everything - probably for a year the skin was in a very bad condition.
                      THIS was a signal to stop, but after a few years I went back to what I very much regret.
                      Now it has hurt my skin the most
                      Cutera excel V has been around for a long time and the skin has not returned to the state it was before the treatment.
                      These are very risky things, you will do what you want but be careful

Comment

I had the most IPL but there was also VBEAM 1x time. There was also Cutera excel v, there were also 2 others, I don't remember the name anymore.
                        I do not know if there is any major difference, i.e. Vbeam left traces. Others don't. But I remember my beginning, the first IPL was the effect of lighter skin for about a month. then I did the 2nd treatment and it was a bit better and then the third some stronger settings and he destroyed everything - probably for a year the skin was in a very bad condition.
                        THIS was a signal to stop, but after a few years I went back to what I very much regret.
                        Now it has hurt my skin the most
                        Cutera excel V has been around for a long time and the skin has not returned to the state it was before the treatment.
                        These are very risky things, you will do what you want but be careful
                        For leaky gut, Integrative Therapeutics Similase GFCF which helps the body digest better both carbohydrates and dairy. It definitely helps me. It was recommended to me by a dermatologist - Dr Alan Dattner. But I need medicines too.
                        https://www.supplementhub.co.uk/prod...f-120-capsules

Comment

I haven't been able to heal, but somehow I manage to control the problem. I would like to have skin before laser treatments that in the long run destroy the skin and have not healed anyone yet (at most sometimes they give the impression of a slight improvement for a short time because the skin may be lighter - but it lasts for a short time and in the long term, after subsequent treatments, the skin's protective barrier is more and more damaged). If the skin is thick, it will handle it better. So I know that there may be a feeling of improvement - I remember after my first IPL that I thought it might help because I saw the effect of lighter skin but it lasted short and it ended badly.
                          People who write that they are satisfied may be people after the first treatments who see the first effect and it is lighter skin, but they do not know yet that it is only temporary and they do not realize how their skin can be damaged in subsequent treatments. If I could turn back time, I wouldn't go for laser treatments. I had 10-20 of them and I am writing this from the perspective of an experienced person. It is not worth the risk because not only did it end badly for me, but there are many such people. I also had deceptive hopes that one day it might help permanently because I was guided by the fact that after the first treatments I saw a slight improvement (which was only temporary) but then I was young and I did not know how it really works.
                          what have you done to help the problem? if you don?t mind me asking

Comment

Working...
                          X