Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three months swelling after Excel V

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and am looking for some advice. I had 4 Excel V treatments via my dermatologist that cleared my veins. I SHOULD HAVE STOPPED THERE. Unfortunately, like an idiot, when getting botox at my other doctor, I asked her to hit the area with VBeam to clear any background redness. Worst mistake ever. All of the veins that my dermatologist cleared came back. So, I went back to my derm and she started again. First treatment was successful....veins started to lesson. Second treatment was successful....veins further improved but now I'm left with swelling that's not going away (3 months later). Doctor says there's no tissue damage. Has anyone else had something like this happen and have the swelling go away? If so, how long did it take? Has anyone had permanent swelling? I'm grateful there is no tissue damage but wondering if there is fluid build-up under the skin. I definitely think I had too many treatments in too short of a time (7 in 7 months), though I stuck to the 4 week timeframe as I was given. Can anyone offer any advice? Thank you...I'm really panicking!

Originally posted by SoCaldream View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and am looking for some advice. I had 4 Excel V treatments via my dermatologist that cleared my veins. I SHOULD HAVE STOPPED THERE. Unfortunately, like an idiot, when getting botox at my other doctor, I asked her to hit the area with VBeam to clear any background redness. Worst mistake ever. All of the veins that my dermatologist cleared came back. So, I went back to my derm and she started again. First treatment was successful....veins started to lesson. Second treatment was successful....veins further improved but now I'm left with swelling that's not going away (3 months later). Doctor says there's no tissue damage. Has anyone else had something like this happen and have the swelling go away? If so, how long did it take? Has anyone had permanent swelling? I'm grateful there is no tissue damage but wondering if there is fluid build-up under the skin. I definitely think I had too many treatments in too short of a time (7 in 7 months), though I stuck to the 4 week timeframe as I was given. Can anyone offer any advice? Thank you...I'm really panicking!
    I had swelling start after a series of laser treatments too I have flushing as well though- do you?
    Staying as upright as possible helps with the swelling- even reclining a bit on the couch can cause fluid to build up in my face. I also sleep propped up on a wedge pillow.
    Low-dose accutane could help with swelling- see owldog's latest post on that. I will likely try low-does accutane at some point in the next few months and will be sure to post back with any results I get.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamoverton View Post
      I had swelling start after a series of laser treatments too I have flushing as well though- do you?
      Staying as upright as possible helps with the swelling- even reclining a bit on the couch can cause fluid to build up in my face. I also sleep propped up on a wedge pillow.
      Low-dose accutane could help with swelling- see owldog's latest post on that. I will likely try low-does accutane at some point in the next few months and will be sure to post back with any results I get.
      Hi-

I do not have flushing...just a cluster of broken capillaries. I have seen that accutane can help for a variety of reasons on different posts but will check that as well. My doc wants to put me on Doxycycline first though. I only have a patch of swelling where the veins were treated, but it's under my eye which is causing swelling there too. Do you have swelling all over? How long have you had swelling? Thanks for responding!

Comment

I would stop in your situation

Comment

Working...
        X