Help me - Alcohol redness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me - Alcohol redness

After drinking some alcohol, my face became red and I had some hot flushes. The burning sensation on my face was bad. Of course, the worst was the faces of my friends, that didn't understand what was going on.

- Yes, I'm posting this the second time, because I want more people to see this

Originally posted by MetcaAllfe View Post
    After drinking some alcohol, my face became red and I had some hot flushes. The burning sensation on my face was bad. Of course, the worst was the faces of my friends, that didn't understand what was going on.

- Yes, I'm posting this the second time, because I want more people to see this
    Hi MetcaAllfe - yes, a lot of rosaceans report alcohol as a trigger for flushing and/or a worsening of their condition. What alcohol were you drinking? I suggest experimenting with different types to see if you can find one that your body responds to more positively. For instance, I flush badly from even the smallest amount of red wine (even red wine sauces can set me off sometimes) but I am able to drink beer (lager) and clear alcohol (vodka, gin) with no reaction.

Comment

I call it Beer Heat.....arrives after the 2nd Beer and goes away after the 5th lol

I know it's no good for my Rosacea, but the relaxation and enjoyment outweighs the initial flush.

Comment

If you use the search box at RF there are many, many threads on alcohol. Here is a post for your information.
        Brady Barrows
        Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Working...
        X