Non-shine Sunscreen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-shine Sunscreen?

Does anyone know of any sunscreens that have a matt finish? I recently bought Ambre Solaire Protection Lotion SPF 50, its seems good but makes my face very shiny! Any suggestions for alternatives would be much appreciated.

Technically, Paula's Choice Resist is a moisturizer that claims a 'matte' finish and has SPF 30. COOLA Mineral Matte Tinted Sunscreen & Sunblock also claims a matte finish. IMAGE Skincare Prevention+ Daily Matte Moisturizer Oil Free SPF 32 is a sunscreen.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 9 March 2021, 02:06 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Thanks Brady. I'll give those a try. I wonder if they come in factor 50, I have very fair skin. I will check them out.

Comment

I've used the Paula's Choice Resist. It was my 'go to' sunscreen for about a year. Unfortunately it is only available in SPF 30+.

I thought it was a pretty good, although not excellent, sunscreen. It is lightly tinted and with a tint that will 'sink' into your skin (i.e. it won't make you look orange at all). This was a plus for me as it covered up my redness.

It is zinc oxide, however, which can make removal of the sunscreen at the end of the day a little tougher. If you have really sensitive skin I wouldn't recommend this as you end up having to use a stronger cleanser or a cotton pad to remove it properly.

The sunscreen DOES come out as matte. But if you have oily skin, this won't last. After a half day of wear (so maybe putting it on at 9am and then checking it at 12pm) my nose was shiny. I would just blot with a tissue and then I'd be good to go for another hour or two etc.

Overall I think it's a good starting point for a sunscreen. The reason I decided to move on and try other products is because I've got enlarged pores on my nose and I thought that the way this product settled into them made them look more noticeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch1 View Post
          I've used the Paula's Choice Resist. It was my 'go to' sunscreen for about a year. Unfortunately it is only available in SPF 30+.

I thought it was a pretty good, although not excellent, sunscreen. It is lightly tinted and with a tint that will 'sink' into your skin (i.e. it won't make you look orange at all). This was a plus for me as it covered up my redness.

It is zinc oxide, however, which can make removal of the sunscreen at the end of the day a little tougher. If you have really sensitive skin I wouldn't recommend this as you end up having to use a stronger cleanser or a cotton pad to remove it properly.

The sunscreen DOES come out as matte. But if you have oily skin, this won't last. After a half day of wear (so maybe putting it on at 9am and then checking it at 12pm) my nose was shiny. I would just blot with a tissue and then I'd be good to go for another hour or two etc.

Overall I think it's a good starting point for a sunscreen. The reason I decided to move on and try other products is because I've got enlarged pores on my nose and I thought that the way this product settled into them made them look more noticeable.

Thanks Dutch! Yeah I have enlarged pores on my nose too so I'd imagine it would have the same effect. If it's tough to clean off I think it could irritate my skin as the butterfly area on each side of my nose can be pretty sensitive at times. I might give it a try anyway to see what it's like. Every other sunscreen I've tried just has a crazy shine off it, makes my face looks like a mirror!

Comment

Yeah it's worth trialling it. Maybe try buying the travel-sized version first, to save some money?

I am still looking for my perfect sunscreen. I trial new ones pretty regularly. One that I keep coming back to is EltaMD UV Physical Broad-Spectrum SPF 41 (Tinted). I like this one because it stays matte for much longer than the Paula's one and does a pretty decent job of blurring and smoothing out my pores. The downside is that it can be quite drying for my skin so unfortunately I can't use it every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch1 View Post
              Yeah it's worth trialling it. Maybe try buying the travel-sized version first, to save some money?

I am still looking for my perfect sunscreen. I trial new ones pretty regularly. One that I keep coming back to is EltaMD UV Physical Broad-Spectrum SPF 41 (Tinted). I like this one because it stays matte for much longer than the Paula's one and does a pretty decent job of blurring and smoothing out my pores. The downside is that it can be quite drying for my skin so unfortunately I can't use it every day.
              Might want to try:

EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 for Sensitive Skin or

EltaMD UV Elements Tinted Face Moisturizer with Broad-Spectrum SPF 44
              Brady Barrows
              Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Paula's Choice Resist great cream, helped me not to look like a shiny disco ball at one of the parties!

Comment

Yeah, I did look at those - unfortunately they both contain niacinamide which my skin doesn't seem to enjoy. Thanks for the recommends, though.

Comment

I'm using the CeraVE AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion with Sunscreen, it has 30 SPF.
                    It's not shiny like their Hydrating Sunscreen SPF 50 Face Lotion.
                    If you're gonna try it I would like to know if you liked it.

Comment

I just got diagnosed with Mild Rosacea, its mainly just red skin that looks like a slight sunburn. I have somewhat fair skin (pale skin) and barely go outside, do I really even need sunscreen?? It I do what would you recommend I get. I want to cover up my redness and don't like the skiny look at all. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mgould3656 View Post
                        I just got diagnosed with Mild Rosacea, its mainly just red skin that looks like a slight sunburn. I have somewhat fair skin (pale skin) and barely go outside, do I really even need sunscreen?? It I do what would you recommend I get. I want to cover up my redness and don't like the skiny look at all. Thanks
                        You may want to learn rosacea 101 on cosmetics.
                        Brady Barrows
                        Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
                          You may want to learn rosacea 101 on cosmetics.
                          ok
                          Last edited by mgould3656; 20 April 2021, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X