Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people's faces have a burn/sting feeling when they have Rosacea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by przemek View Post
    so now I know that lasers are harmful in the long run .. A lot of people are a victim of corporate marketing. This world is largely built on lies, manipulation and exploitation.
    I understand your frustration with 'corporate marketing' and basically greed is the motive behind 'lies, manipulation and exploitation' but you do have to think about the number of positive reports that photo dynamic therapy [PDL] has with regard especially to removing spider veins (Telangiectasias) as well other anecdotal reports with regard to LED, IPL, etc. What I have noticed is that the ones who rave about PDL usually have to go back for more treatments after some months to continue the therapy so it doesn't really cure rosacea and is only treating the symptoms and probably more important is the fact that such treatments such, i.e., laser, are very expensive, hence the greed factor. If money is not a factor and I could afford the most expensive cosmetic dermatologist in Beverly Hills to treat my rosacea, I would definitely sign up and see what happens. But alas, such individuals with rosacea don't bother to post in forums like this one.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Originally posted by Momof View Post
      All the more reason to avoid lasers etc. They only weaken the skin barrier, thus worsening the problem. If the barrier is weak, the nerves, capillaries etc don’t have enough “cover” to protect them.
      Yeah I've noticed in the laser section of this forum; that all seems to go well during the first treatment or two and thier redness starts to fade unfortunately the honeymoon period ends & within a few months they're back to get another laser, then another and another. People that have had 7,8 pdl's like the user Darren now says his flushing is way worse than pre Rosacea and everything triggers it, probably because the nerves have been badly damaged. I think it's a big marketing scheme to say these IPL and pdl do no damage to the surrounding tissue, nerves, veins. Also there's strong evidence that the body creates new blood vessels in the face to cope with the trauma of the newly destroyed capillaries.

Comment

Originally posted by LawrenceK View Post
        I've been using essential oils topically for about 3 days now and to be completely honest unbelievably it's reduced my burning pain and also decreased the redness slightly. I use about 80% organic avocado oil as a base oil then add 3-5 drops of safflower oil, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, pomegranate seed oil (all can be bought on Amazon). I then just mixed these with my finger. I applied a layer over my whole face and massaged it with circular motions, pressing enough to make my skin Blanche where the spider veins are and bad red areas for about 5 minutes (this is toning the stretched capillaries). Then I pat my face softly with a towel so it doesn't drip, and go to sleep, when I wake up in the morning I wash my face with water and can feel the difference. I've read from bloggers that this is a slow process to completely cure rosacea like 6 months + every night applying these oils but it's 100% safe unlike lasers.

I've been researching online and a lot of these oils especially avocado oil repairs damaged capillaries, repairs nerve damage, cell damage, dna damage, repairs the skins natural barrier, protects against uv damage etc.

I made a post like a week ago because my skin is so sensitive and cannot tolerate moisturisers without getting redder and I was debating whether or not to get a v beam. When I started using these after a few days I noticed a big difference.
        Hello, are you still using the essential oils?

Comment

be keen to see if anyone else has used avocado to work this

Comment

Originally posted by TSW1988 View Post
            be keen to see if anyone else has used avocado to work this
            The search tool box on RF gives a lot of data if you type in the word 'avocado' and there are nine pages of results showing results where the word 'avocado' appears in yellow highlight. A cursory review of the results shows what stands out:

Medical.net - Avocado seed extract could be potential source for novel anti-inflammat

"I noticed that i got rosacea p&p flareups (most of the time papules??) when i ate avocado, vegan mayo (compromised of canola oil, coconut oil, nuts and seeds." bindtea post no 1

Avocados and Spinach!

That search took me about ten minutes to put into the above for you. You could probably take half an hour and find a lot more on avocado. It has been discussed before here at RF. The results are mixed. Some say avocado causes a rosacea flareup while others say it doesn't. Just about every proposed trigger on rosacea has similar mixed results. Same for treatments using avocado oil (some say it is wonderful while others say it doesn't do a thing).
            Brady Barrows
            Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

[quote=Brady Barrows;352920]

Wouldn't it be incredible if any rosaceans who are treated with hydroxycholoroquine for COVID-19 also discovered that their rosacea improves or clears up! Is virus involved in rosacea?

"Recognition of bacteria and viruses [bold added] initiates the inflammatory cascade involving the release of cytokines, recruitment of immune cells, and production of AMPs and ISGs. AMPs and ISGs represent one of the most important and robust immune mechanisms in the skin. However, pathogenic bacteria?such as S. aureus?and cutaneous viruses [bold added] have evolved mechanisms to counteract innate immune mechanisms." [3]

I am on a hunt to find out the cause of my acne rosacea that started out of the blue in the March lockdown (UK). One of my theories is that my skin disorder, ( papery dry around mouth, spots, now reddening face) might be lingering damage caused by the Covid virus. That would make sense with any positive results from hydroxycholoroquine.

Sometimes I wonder if contact with the virus, in the air when food shopping etc, triggers off my immune system causing a flare up of spots too. On the other hand a recent too long bath seems to have created this years new spreading symptom of red face & spots spreading up my face.

Comment

After drinking some alcohol, my face became red and I had some hot flushes. The burning sensation on my face was bad. Of course, the worst was the faces of my friends, that didn't understand what was going on.

Comment

Working...
                X