Recent Roseaca duagnosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Roseaca duagnosis

I am 66 and found out in July I have "adult acne" I was given metronidazole which does not appear to be working and recently put on a 2 month low dose of doxycycline...nothing seems to be working I am using aveeno calming face wash and honey skin face cream...I have rough skin on the bridge of my nose and a red circular dot on the tip of my nose any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated

Originally posted by Emmott View Post
    I am 66 and found out in July I have "adult acne" I was given metronidazole which does not appear to be working and recently put on a 2 month low dose of doxycycline...nothing seems to be working I am using aveeno calming face wash and honey skin face cream...I have rough skin on the bridge of my nose and a red circular dot on the tip of my nose any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated
    Your physician is old school and is not keeping up with the latest gold standard for treating rosacea. The low dose doxycycline may take thirty to sixty days to see results. Ask your physician about topical ivermectin.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Another dermstologist

I have been on metronidazole for 7 months and on doxycycline for 4 months and have not seen any improvement I am getting a second opinion next week any suggestions on a different course of treatment I could discuss with this doctor? Thank you

Comment

I have been on metronidazole for 7 months and on doxycycline for 4 months and have not seen any improvement I am getting a second opinion next week any suggestions on a different course of treatment I could discuss with this doctor? Thank you
        Read this post about what to ask your physician.
        Brady Barrows
        Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Read this post about what to ask your physician.

You may want to read this post if your second visit to a physician the treatment doesn't work.
          Brady Barrows
          Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Working...
          X