Unexpected improvement with magnesium supplement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexpected improvement with magnesium supplement

I have had Rosacea since I went thru menopause. Significant outbreaks of pimples and redness for which my dermatologist prescribed a low dose of doxycylcine.
    This helped but I stopped out this drug out of a fear of becoming antibiotic resistant and simply decided at my age to accept the bad complexion.
    My husband recently started taking a magnesium supplement for heart, stress, and anxiety issues and I joined him to basically share the process (and his illness was causing me stress) .
    When I started I was experiencing a major eruption with pimples showing up everyday but after about 3 weeks of taking the magnesium (300mg once a day), my pimples stopped appearing and the inflammation had disappeared.
    It has now been 2.5 months and I have not had any pimples in about 4 weeks. I even had a glass of red wine recently with no reaction.
    I still have some red tones in areas where I had had previous eruptions but, all in all, this is as good as when I was on the antibiotic.
    I just wanted to pass this on because I know how frustrating this condition is.

I started to research this and understand that there are topical magnesium creams and oils and wonder if these are worthwhile.
    Some websites say that they can cause irritation so I would love to know if there are success stories here before I try them.

Magnesium is really good for your heart and other organs. But don't give it all the credit. Because the comedones that were under your skin blistered, and no new pustules appeared because of the antibiotics.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmont View Post
      Magnesium is really good for your heart and other organs. But don't give it all the credit. Because the comedones that were under your skin blistered, and no new pustules appeared because of the antibiotics.
      I think you're wrong. Antibiotics don't necessarily do anything to cure the problem. Sometimes the body can cope with the disease itself, it just needs help with various vitamins and supplements like magnesium.

Comment

I drink magnesium everyday and do not see nay changes

Comment

Working...
        X