X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amcfarland41
    replied
    Avoid Moisurizers

From personal experience, putting moisturizers and oils on my face make the condition worse. It clogs the pores and makes your face much more likely to flair if you get warm. I've been using a product called "Rose Water" and it works really well. I provided a link below. Hope this helps.
    https://amzn.to/2LxmLb8

Leave a comment:

• Brady Barrows
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparkly.glittr View Post
    Do you find it helps much for your Kprf? Thanks for the insight, I checked out those links and they were useful too.
    I now think I may have a problem with histamine intolerance and possibly mast cell involvement as I am experiencing a fair amount of symptoms of histamine involvement even though I switched to a rather low histamine diet, so I will definitely be looking further into this current issue. Best, sparkly.glittr.
    Sparky.glittr,
    I don't suffer from KPRF. I have rosacea and my dermatologist says I have SD on my forehead. Glad the links for KPRF were helpful for you. That is what helping one another is all about. If you type in the search box top right corner 'histamine diet' you will get a lot of threads to browse. My recommendation is to try avoiding sugar/carbohydrate for thirty days and see if your KPRF improves. Not many will try this since sugar is an addiction, but if you have the strength you may find it may improve your KPRF.

Leave a comment:

• Sparkly.glittr
    replied
    Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    I take three capsules of Blue Ice Cod Liver Oil, one with each meal, every day. Haven't heard any controversy with taking cod liver oil, but I am not surprised that some would argue against it. Taking cod liver oil is one of oldest methods of healing used by grandmothers for millenniums. Obviously you could take too much, but that is with just about everything. Also everyone is so different when it comes to digestion. Some may have an allergy to cod liver oil. So you simply have to try it yourself and you will then know if it works for you. You will know in time and you know your body better than any one else. You will figure it out. Also read this post on KPRF.
    Do you find it helps much for your Kprf? Thanks for the insight, I checked out those links and they were useful too.

I now think I may have a problem with histamine intolerance and possibly mast cell involvement as I am experiencing a fair amount of symptoms of histamine involvement even though I switched to a rather low histamine diet, so I will definitely be looking further into this current issue.

Best, sparkly.glittr.

Leave a comment:

• Brady Barrows
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparkly.glittr View Post
    Hi all,
    I too have kprf, and am a teenager.
    It really interrupts life, daily activities and is overall an extreme misfortune for all those who suffer from it.
    After some digging online, it supposedly related to allergies, possible vitamin A,D and K deficiency and fatty acid deficiency. It is perhaps the result of the body being unable to process certain things internally and so is depositing it on the outside i.e on the skin, as the skin is the largest organ of the body.
    Some people have found taking cod liver oil supplements have helped them, but I am wary about taking them as there are some people advocating against taking it.
    Has anyone else tried supplementing the above?
    Kind regards.
    I take three capsules of Blue Ice Cod Liver Oil, one with each meal, every day. Haven't heard any controversy with taking cod liver oil, but I am not surprised that some would argue against it. Taking cod liver oil is one of oldest methods of healing used by grandmothers for millenniums. Obviously you could take too much, but that is with just about everything. Also everyone is so different when it comes to digestion. Some may have an allergy to cod liver oil. So you simply have to try it yourself and you will then know if it works for you. You will know in time and you know your body better than any one else. You will figure it out. Also read this post on KPRF.

Leave a comment:

• Sparkly.glittr
    replied
    Fellow kprf sufferer!

Hi all,
    I too have kprf, and am a teenager.
    It really interrupts life, daily activities and is overall an extreme misfortune for all those who suffer from it.
    After some digging online, it supposedly related to allergies, possible vitamin A,D and K deficiency and fatty acid deficiency. It is perhaps the result of the body being unable to process certain things internally and so is depositing it on the outside i.e on the skin, as the skin is the largest organ of the body.

Some people have found taking cod liver oil supplements have helped them, but I am wary about taking them as there are some people advocating against taking it.

Has anyone else tried supplementing the above?
    Kind regards.

Leave a comment:

• MariaSt
    replied
    I read on this forum that some KPRF sufferers got better with the help of antifungal creams, even foot creams. Maybe it’s worth trying.

Leave a comment:

• Brady Barrows
    replied
    Originally posted by itsNOTrosacea View Post
    i’m 17 and have this too, it’s ruined my entire life. there seems to be nothing we can do 😞
    Have you gone to a dermatologist? If so, what treatment was suggested?

You can read this post and read what treatments are offered.

Leave a comment:

• itsNOTrosacea
    replied
    Originally posted by joshshambre View Post
    I am 16 and have severe KPRF (red cheeks). How can I make this condition go away? Also, I have heard this condition fades over time, is that true? Or has anyone here had theirs fade away?
    i’m 17 and have this too, it’s ruined my entire life. there seems to be nothing we can do 😞

Leave a comment:

• Brady Barrows
    replied