Intro / mental health problems a cause of rosacea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro / mental health problems a cause of rosacea

Hi everybody.... this is my first post here so just a very short intro; I am a 65 male who has suffered from anxiety and nerves for most of my adult life to varying degrees. This has mostly manifested itself with skin problems including acne and psoriasis. I still have the psoriasis to some extent but the acne seems to have now been replaced with rosacea in the last 3 or 4 years and this is increasingly having a very negative effect on my day-to-day life.

I know anxiety and stress are factors with rosacea and I even wonder if it could be the total cause for me. Currently I am doing everything I can to work on my anxiety to try and find out if this might be a fix but it’s hard when rosacea itself causes so much anxiety and distress. I would be most interested to hear of other people’s experiences and thoughts about anxiety and other mental health issues that they feel are a cause of rosacea rather than a result.

I definitely agree that stress /anxiety can trigger all sorts of reactions in the body including rosacea.

Comment

Taking steps to work on your anxiety is definitely a positive move. It's important to prioritize your mental well-being. Have you considered seeking professional help? A therapist or counselor could provide valuable insights and strategies to manage both your anxiety and rosacea.

Comment

Working...
      X