Newbie with pustules on red cheeks & dry flakey skin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie with pustules on red cheeks & dry flakey skin

Female, mid-40s, redness and pustules on cheeks, visible blood vessels on chin, was having a lot of dry flaky skin, particularly on cheeks and forehead.

Just started using a Urea-based cleanser and moisturizer, which works amazingly well on the dryness - no more flaky cheeks! But noticing the redness and acne seem to be getting worse at the same time.

Really happy to find this forum and hope to learn from all of you. Thanks for letting me join!

From your description of the flaky skin you may have Seborrheic Dermatitis and rosacea, which can co-exist. What did your physician diagnose you with and what treatment did he/she prescribe?
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Tell me please and there can be reddenings on hands and the dryness from use washed? The child uses soap in kindergarten if she any time is at home, then the redness and dryness passes.

Comment

Originally posted by MiaKeKe View Post
        Tell me please and there can be reddenings on hands and the dryness from use washed? The child uses soap in kindergarten if she any time is at home, then the redness and dryness passes.
        MiaKeKe,

Usually children do not have rosacea. Usually rosacea is on the face, not the hands. You can learn about rosacea here. Ask your doctor what is happening with your child.
        Brady Barrows
        Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Working...
        X