Newbie got face mostly under control, now eyelid swelling, HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie got face mostly under control, now eyelid swelling, HELP

Hello everyone. I've spent the past 3 weeks or so pouring over the internet to fix what I am certain is rosacea caused by a demodex infestation. I'm a 21 year old female and I've only had minor acne growing up. Rosacea also doesn't run in my family. I'm sorry that this story is so long, I just want to tell everything that I've tried.

Starting in late spring of this year, I had a spot on my chin that would just not go away. Fast forward to early August and the spot got worse. I was using tea tree oil to try and fix what I thought was just bad acne but it wasn't working. This spot then went away for a week and then came back in the same place. By the end of August the spot increased in size (I tried using ACV to dry it out but that didn't work) and by early September I started getting the same type of spot on the side of my nose, and then the middle of my forehead. The last two weeks have been the worst time of my entire life. At the worst stage, the 14th through the 19th, all of the affected areas has papules, were crazy red, and whenever I washed my face they would all start weeping clear fluid that would just not stop. The weeping would result in a honey coloured crust that would immediately start weeping again if scratched. I stopped using my moisturizer and just used coconut oil at night after washing with Dr Bronners tea tree oil castille soap. Then I ordered Nu Stock and started that as an overnight mask mixed half and half with zinc oxide cream on the 19th, 20th, and 21st. It was a godsend; it immediately dried up all of the pustules and I thought that the battle was over. It left my skin super dry and the skin on my forehead especially was super thin and broke easily. The area around my lips, the right side of my nose, my chin and the right cheek area are all peeling skin and I've been using coconut oil and olive oil to try to rehydrate from the sulfur in the Nu Stock. The areas are still slightly red/pink but foundation is covering the redness (the dry skin is such a hassle to cover, thought.) I also got Ivermectin to use in case another area tries to break out and I won't want to dry out my skin further with the Nu Stock. On Friday I was feeling pretty good about my skin for the first time because the only noticeable thing was my dry skin. I did wake up that day with a very irritated, burning and only slightly swelled right eye. I washed it out with Dr Bronners baby castille soap, and after I let it dry it looked pretty okay.

Last night, however, for some reason my right eye blew up and it has stayed that way all day today (Saturday). I don't have any crusting or white dots in my eyelashes, the area mostly by my tear duct and my right cheek are just super swollen. I've done warm compresses but I don't know what else to try. I have cried some today because I've just been so frustrated and annoyed about my situation, and I know that the crying has not helped the swelling go down. Doing research on ocular rosacea is scaring me and I don't know what to do. I've read about doxycycline or using an eye wash using eyebright but I don't know if that will help.

I'm currently at college not in my home state so I've only set up an appointment with my primary care doctor when I go home for break in 2 weeks. Should I set up an appointment with a dermatologist too? I've never been to one before. I've been feeling so depressed and self conscious. I've always had low confidence in my face whenever I've even had the smallest of pimples, so this past month has been a living hell for me. I've been avoiding eye contact with people, I hold things up to cover my chin and nose whenever I'm talking to someone, and today I was supposed to go to a social event but when I got in the car and looked in the rearview mirror and saw my splotchy dry skin and swollen right eye I had a crying breakdown for 30 minutes and went back inside. I feel like people are staring at me and I can't leave my room without makeup, even though it hardly looks better covered up.

Does anyone PLEASE have any suggestions for the dry skin? What kind of oils or moisturizers will restore the flaky skin without feeding the demodex? Should I try eyebright or what other things will subdue the swelling? I've considered going to a walk-in clinic but I don't think they will be able to help me.
Working...
X