Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keratosis Pilaris Rubra Faceii management?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keratosis Pilaris Rubra Faceii management?

Is there a link between cigarettes and alcohol to it? I had about 15 beers in one night after staying alcohol free for about 2 months, then the next couple of days including today are proceeded by flushing all the time and a general worsening of the redness of the cheeks. Also, did any of you find any successful managements of this skin condition? Please note this is about Keratosis Pilaris Rubra Faceii, not Rosacea. So please don't confuse the post.

Welcome to RF.

Suggest you use the top right search box and enter 'Keratosis Pilaris Rubra Faceii' or 'KPRF' and note the huge number of posts to read on this subject. If I drank 15 beers on one occasion I would be red as a beet, KPRF or not. Many have reported that drinking alcohol in moderation is ok before turning red. Most report that beer or wine is more of a issue than drinking distilled spirits. You might consider reading Bowthy's post on KPRF. Have no idea about tobacco since I don't smoke. Logic should tell you that since tobacco use is linked to other health issues it probably isn't good for KPRF.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Originally posted by TiredOfLivingLikeThis View Post
      Is there a link between cigarettes and alcohol to it? I had about 15 beers in one night after staying alcohol free for about 2 months, then the next couple of days including today are proceeded by flushing all the time and a general worsening of the redness of the cheeks. Also, did any of you find any successful managements of this skin condition? Please note this is about Keratosis Pilaris Rubra Faceii, not Rosacea. So please don't confuse the post.
      Hey, I can control KPRF with the following:

Flushing: SSRI

Surface Redness: Decent anti redness moisturizer (Dr Nick Lowe Redness)

Alcohol Flushing: Famotidine

Always consult your doctor before taking any medication.

Comment

Dr. Nick Lowe's was absolutely useless for me. It might have even aggravated the redness.

Originally posted by realwork View Post
        Hey, I can control KPRF with the following:

Flushing: SSRI

Surface Redness: Decent anti redness moisturizer (Dr Nick Lowe Redness)

Alcohol Flushing: Famotidine

Always consult your doctor before taking any medication.

Comment

Dr. Nick Lowe's was absolutely useless for me. It might have even aggravated the redness.
          Sorry to hear that. Out of interest, do you lift weights? More importantly, are you doing any kind of a bulking diet? On reflection, a bulking diet definitely aggravated mine.

Comment

I was diagnosed with rosacea but I probably have the same thing you have. Yes even one drink will cause flushing. Any type of alcohol but red wine and dark spirits seem to be the worst. Even if you at times won't flush initially from drinking which happens sometimes when I would drink, the next couple of days you will be red. So it will catch up to you if not initially on the day you are drinking. I pretty much completely stopped drinking any alcohol, and if I do drink on the random occasion, I will have a Tylenol and drink plenty of water before, in between and after, but it's just not worth the trouble. I would recommend to also try avoiding all things dairy and spice (green, red, black peppers etc) and pay close attention to any other foods that may bother you.

Comment

Originally posted by BVokey View Post
              I was diagnosed with rosacea but I probably have the same thing you have. Yes even one drink will cause flushing. Any type of alcohol but red wine and dark spirits seem to be the worst. Even if you at times won't flush initially from drinking which happens sometimes when I would drink, the next couple of days you will be red. So it will catch up to you if not initially on the day you are drinking. I pretty much completely stopped drinking any alcohol, and if I do drink on the random occasion, I will have a Tylenol and drink plenty of water before, in between and after, but it's just not worth the trouble. I would recommend to also try avoiding all things dairy and spice (green, red, black peppers etc) and pay close attention to any other foods that may bother you.
              famotidine stops the alcohol flush.

Comment

I don't lift weights, or am I on any kind of bulking diet. I am however a runner, and that is the only thing that temporary cleans my pores and makes my redness disappear. Then it keeps coming back. Really frustrating

Originally posted by realwork View Post
                Sorry to hear that. Out of interest, do you lift weights? More importantly, are you doing any kind of a bulking diet? On reflection, a bulking diet definitely aggravated mine.

Comment

Working...
                X