X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jane Smythe
    replied
    tea tree oil and geranium soap from Young Living

This has worked wonders for me along with their tea tree oil (100%) for small "spot" treatments. A bit drying but wonderful results. Am able to add a moisturizer now. Yay! Their products are a tad expensive but I am very, very happy with the results. Putting it out there in case anyone is interested!

Leave a comment:

• marytmacc
    replied
    Originally posted by marytmacc View Post
    Based on your comments, I changed the formula. My eyes are even better and gives me hope I may get rid of it completely. I apply both morning and night, blotting most off in the morning and leaving it on at night. I rub it in along top and bottom lashes:

Tea Tree Salve
    .25 oz beeswax
    2 oz almond oil
    25 drops tea tree
    30 drops lavender
    once again; went back to the original recipe; the above didn't work as well

Leave a comment:

• marytmacc
    replied
    better formula

Originally posted by lwemm View Post
    The essential oils have anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties which is probably what is helping your skin. Be careful with citrus oils if you go in the sun or be sure sure to cover your skin with clothing. All the citrus oils can sometimes cause photosensitivity.
    Based on your comments, I changed the formula. My eyes are even better and gives me hope I may get rid of it completely. I apply both morning and night, blotting most off in the morning and leaving it on at night. I rub it in along top and bottom lashes:

Tea Tree Salve
    .25 oz beeswax
    2 oz almond oil
    25 drops tea tree
    30 drops lavender

Leave a comment:

• marytmacc
    replied
    Originally posted by Callah View Post
    I too think that healing then maintaining a healthy skin barrier is key to managing rosacea, but agree to take extra care in the sun if using citrus oils. I had a nasty phototoxic reaction from a sunscreen containing lemon oil, which I think probably hastened the onset of my rosacea.
    Yes, I've read about the citrus oils making skin extra sensitive to the sun. Physical barriers (hats and long sleeves) and timing work best, I think...

Leave a comment:

• Callah
    replied
    I too think that healing then maintaining a healthy skin barrier is key to managing rosacea, but agree to take extra care in the sun if using citrus oils. I had a nasty phototoxic reaction from a sunscreen containing lemon oil, which I think probably hastened the onset of my rosacea.

Leave a comment:

• marytmacc
    replied
    Originally posted by lwemm View Post
    The essential oils have anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties which is probably what is helping your skin. Be careful with citrus oils if you go in the sun or be sure sure to cover your skin with clothing. All the citrus oils can sometimes cause photosensitivity.
    thanks for the feedback and information!
    (I always wear a hat and sunglasses when I go out into the sun - hate sunscreen on my face.)

Leave a comment:

• lwemm
    replied
    I made it without the essential oils and it didn't have the same effect, so I'll continue to make it with them. Also, I found that cutting back on the shea butter was most effective.

Leave a comment:

• marytmacc
    replied
    original recipe works better

I made it without the essential oils and it didn't have the same effect, so I'll continue to make it with them. Also, I found that cutting back on the shea butter was most effective.

Leave a comment:

• marytmacc
    replied
    eye balm correction

Originally posted by Tom Busby View Post
    Essential oils cannot be applied on or above the eyes -- they will corrode the cornea.
    I didn't think of how the essential oils would affect the eye; thank you for pointing that out, Tom Busby. Please do NOT use essential oils in the eye balm recipe!

Leave a comment:

• Sally
    replied
    I think a lot of people suffering from these conditions are the result of using cleansers, shampoos, etc. that over cleanse our natural skin barriers and allow bacteria and mites to penetrate and cause us discomfort at the very least.
    And it's not only bacteria and mites. If your skin barrier is compromised you can develop contact dermatitis.

I have found the three main ingredients to watch out for are:

Methylisothiazolinone - a powerful preservative
    Cocamidopropyl betaine - a surfactant (foaming agent)
    and
    Balsam of Peru with its many hundreds of constituents.

Since eliminating these from my skin care routine - all the problems that dogged me for decades have disappeared!

Leave a comment:

• Tom Busby
    replied
    Essential oils cannot be applied on or above the eyes -- they will corrode the cornea.

Leave a comment:

• marytmacc
    replied
    ingredients

Originally posted by arizona View Post
    Where do you buy the ingredients? I would like to try this myself. I hope this continues to work for you. Good luck.
    You can go to Amazon, The Bulk Herb Store, Mountain Rose Herbs or even Ebay (I would check the reputation on Ebay) Also IHerb or Vitacost have most ingredients. I saw Argan Oil for sale at Trader Joe's last week!

Multiple sites have these ingredients, but I generally use Amazon, IHerb or the Bulk Herb Store.

I think the key here is to keep your eyes and face well moisturized. The constant stripping of beneficial bacteria and oils from our skin allow demodex mites, fungus's and harmful bacteria to affect our skin. At least that's my theory!

Leave a comment:

• arizona
    replied
    Where do you buy the ingredients? I would like to try this myself. I hope this continues to work for you. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Bluedog
    replied
    Argan Oil Eye Salve

2 Tbsp organic Argan Oil
    2 Tbsp organic Sweet Almond Oil
    1 TBSP + 1 TSP Beeswax Pastilles
    2 Tbsp organic Shea Butter
    A couple drops of Vitamin E oil
    Essential Oil Blend
    25 organic Australian Sandalwood Essential Oil
    15 organic Sweet Orange

Melt beeswax and shea butter. Add argan and almond oils. Add essential oils. Pour into container and let cool. Smooth on entire lid after splashing face with water, blotting off excess. Use both morning and night.
    Thanks ever so much for all that!
    Bluedog

Leave a comment:

• marytmacc
    replied
    recipe revised

Argan Oil Eye Salve

2 Tbsp organic Argan Oil
    2 Tbsp organic Sweet Almond Oil
    1 TBSP + 1 TSP Beeswax Pastilles
    2 Tbsp organic Shea Butter
    A couple drops of Vitamin E oil
    Essential Oil Blend
    25 organic Australian Sandalwood Essential Oil
    15 organic Sweet Orange

Melt beeswax and shea butter. Add argan and almond oils. Add essential oils. Pour into container and let cool. Smooth on entire lid after splashing face with water, blotting off excess. Use both morning and night.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X