Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleanser which makes your face feel CLEAN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleanser which makes your face feel CLEAN?

Hi new poster,

Having read the forum it appears people have most success using cleansers which use no water I've tried both the micellar cleanser and the La Roche Posay toleraine cleanser. Whilst these haven't irritated my skin I think they're the reason my pores have been looking so clogged up as my skin never feels really properly cleansed after using them (baring in mind I'm a relatively heavy makeup wearer to cover the redness in the first place). I used to use foaming facial soap by clinique and cetaphil and whilst they made my skin feel lovely and clean and helped more with the clogged pored I did get flare ups.

Would be incredible and so appreciated if people had some suggestions on what has worked for their skin that doesn't leave a filmy feeling?

I don't have any suggestions unfortunately but I'm sure that a really squeaky clean and even dry/tight feeling after cleansing is BAD and means you are depleting skin of it's protective epidermal barrier. I'd caution against cleansers that make you feel clean (sounds absurd )

Comment

Originally posted by amber_ View Post
      Hi new poster,

Having read the forum it appears people have most success using cleansers which use no water I've tried both the micellar cleanser and the La Roche Posay toleraine cleanser. Whilst these haven't irritated my skin I think they're the reason my pores have been looking so clogged up as my skin never feels really properly cleansed after using them (baring in mind I'm a relatively heavy makeup wearer to cover the redness in the first place). I used to use foaming facial soap by clinique and cetaphil and whilst they made my skin feel lovely and clean and helped more with the clogged pored I did get flare ups.

Would be incredible and so appreciated if people had some suggestions on what has worked for their skin that doesn't leave a filmy feeling?
      I've had good luck with CeraVe's foaming cleanser, and I've heard great things about their hydrating cleanser, too. Both have a low pH (5.5, I think), and they're extremely gentle. I use the former as the second step in my double cleansing routine.

I've used Eucerin's redness relief cleanser and I loved it! The only reason I stopped was because I read so many positive reviews about CeraVe.

Comment

Working...
      X