Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New fellow checking in

Hi Everyone,

I've had Rosacea for maybe fifteen years but it took me a long time to realise what was happening to me. Turns out I became lactose intolerant, probably as a result of an apocalyptic dose of some kind of stomach bug in India when I was thirty. When I returned to the UK some ten months later my lactose intolerance manifested as increasingly emphatic skin flare ups. It took me a little while to figure out what was going on and only by accident did I discovered I was lactose intolerant, and that lactose intolerance was linked to my skin condition, which I then realised was Rosacea. It's laid me pretty low in the past, but I am pretty much on top of things now but still get caught out, the latest curve ball was finding out that sparkling mineral water triggers my Rosacea. Who would have thunk?

Having had a brief of a lurk, I see that for many of us dealing with Rosacea has had some real benefits in terms of nutrition and lifestyle. I have forsaken dairy more because of what it does to my face than anything else, though I risk a bit of cheese at Christmas, and I travel with lactase tablets close to hand just in case some milk product inveigles its way into my life. The stuff is everywhere. My diet is pretty much plant based now and, people tell me, I look pretty good for my age but I know I'm just one dumb move away from my face freaking out.

I could make myself blush just by thinking it when I was a kid. Seemed quite a skill at the time, turns out it was my kryptonite.

Anyway, I just thought I'd say hello to you all and I look forward to coming to a fuller understanding of this condition with your help.

Hi Ploughman, and welcome to the club!

My fiance and I are fans of superhero movies, and even before my diagnosis last month I always joked my secret power was breaking out into rashes. I can't do it at will, but almost anything could set me off. I've had super-sensitive, allergic skin since I was a kid.

Are you currently taking anything to keep the rosacea under control? Or is it just diet?

Comment

Originally posted by Ploughman View Post
      Hi Everyone,

I've had Rosacea for maybe fifteen years but it took me a long time to realise what was happening to me. Turns out I became lactose intolerant, probably as a result of an apocalyptic dose of some kind of stomach bug in India when I was thirty. When I returned to the UK some ten months later my lactose intolerance manifested as increasingly emphatic skin flare ups. It took me a little while to figure out what was going on and only by accident did I discovered I was lactose intolerant, and that lactose intolerance was linked to my skin condition, which I then realised was Rosacea. It's laid me pretty low in the past, but I am pretty much on top of things now but still get caught out, the latest curve ball was finding out that sparkling mineral water triggers my Rosacea. Who would have thunk?

Having had a brief of a lurk, I see that for many of us dealing with Rosacea has had some real benefits in terms of nutrition and lifestyle. I have forsaken dairy more because of what it does to my face than anything else, though I risk a bit of cheese at Christmas, and I travel with lactase tablets close to hand just in case some milk product inveigles its way into my life. The stuff is everywhere. My diet is pretty much plant based now and, people tell me, I look pretty good for my age but I know I'm just one dumb move away from my face freaking out.

I could make myself blush just by thinking it when I was a kid. Seemed quite a skill at the time, turns out it was my kryptonite.

Anyway, I just thought I'd say hello to you all and I look forward to coming to a fuller understanding of this condition with your help.
      hello ploughman, hope u r doing great.
      i also have lactose intolerance ( familial) since birth and it was undiagnosed till 10 years ago, im pretty sure that i have severe bacterial overgrowth and that my rosacea is linked to stomach upset and digestive problems.
      i have started taking a good quality probitic but i have started using high CFU that it causing more troubles than benefits
      i want to ask u about ur diet? what is a plant based diet, what is the best diet i should follow, there are a lot of confusing info on the net im confused and im not sure how to start.
      can u plz share what u eat daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner including snacks plz
      thanks in advance,
      Miaa..

Comment

Working...
      X