Social Anxiety from Rosacea ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Anxiety from Rosacea ..

Hi all .. well !!! . My Rosacea has been diagnosed for almost a year now . and the dr . gave me MetroGel .. it helped at the start . but lately my poor 57 year old face is going no no . . no more chemicals on it !! . So I stopped two days ago . and tried using an Oatmeal / plain yogurt / honey mask . and even though my face is still red . it feels cool which is a big plus for me . AND . being a musician and on stage . and burning up with a red face while the crowd looks at you .. well . that aint no fun ... and all the usual Social Anxiety that goes with it .along with the usual insensitive people who ignorantly point it out .. " wow your face is so red ! " ... makes me so sad ... and shy .
    For sure . I am drinking less and less Alcohol . because it is a huge trigger for my redness . and it just makes me tense . rather than relax me ..
    let me know how you all are doing . thanks Folks . hang in there

not one reply ? ....

oh ok . well how about this . I found the Metro Gel . just not working for my red face any more . in fact . my face .. let me know. NO , no more chemicals on your face .. so I started up with a simple oatmeal and honey and plain yougurt mask and it has made my face feel cool and happy ..
    for the first time in a long time ...
    yes it still is somewhat red from time to time . but at least it doesnt feel like it is burning up ...
    anyone out there ? .
    thanks
    Steve of Coquitlam BC Canada .. 57

Comment

MetroGel

Originally posted by Steve Jensen View Post
      oh ok . well how about this . I found the Metro Gel . just not working for my red face any more . in fact . my face .. let me know. NO , no more chemicals on your face .. so I started up with a simple oatmeal and honey and plain yougurt mask and it has made my face feel cool and happy ..
      for the first time in a long time ...
      yes it still is somewhat red from time to time . but at least it doesnt feel like it is burning up ...
      anyone out there ? .
      thanks
      Steve of Coquitlam BC Canada .. 57
      Steve,
      MetroGel was useless for me. My rosacea seems to flair up every 5-10 days, leading my derm to prescribe Permethrin for controlling demodex mites...that was months of another irritating chemical that did nothing for me...very frustrating.
      I am a teacher, so I get very self conscious when I am "on stage" and have red, bumpy face.
      I will have to try the mask.
      Matt

Comment

Hello Matt .

yes I can empathize with you about being on " stage " .. it is hard isnt it ? . because you flush so easily with adrenaline .. you feel shy and embarrassed where you shouldnt . it is the Rosacea doing that .. !!! oh yes as far as Adrenaline is concerned .. I started taking a B-5 pill . that is Pantothenic Acid for Adrenaline fatigue . makes you feel much more calm and not so anxious .

oh yes . here is my website in case you might be interested . hehe . thanks Matt stevejensenmusic.com

Comment

Working...
        X