Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP! Rosacea/Seb derm and severe depression

Hey everyone,

I've posted on here once before but didn't really get too much feedback. I've been really struggling with this to the point that I've developed extreme anxiety and depression. As pathetic as it sounds....I can hardly function. I've always been prone to redness as a kid when I was playing sports or got embarrassed. Nothing that didn't calm itself down. But as I got older I developed more skin issues. I started getting tinea versicolor on my back (overgrowth of yeast) and some dandruff. But they were kept controlled with topical antifungals. However, eventually in the past 2 years I developed really bad flaking around my mouth that looked like a layer of dead skin build up. I stupidly used a make-up brush to buff off the flakey build up and applied concealer to other parts of my face with the same brush because I thought it was just dry skin. Note: I have only washed my face with water all my life because face wash always aggravated my face. Anyway, this dead build up of skin spread to the rest of my face. I have some small broken capillaries as well. A little around my nose, cheeks and chin. I also get this rash in the center of my chest and it itches. The oilier my skin the itchier and bumpier it is. The drier it is just shows white powdery flake build up. I don't know what to do! My face freaks out to almost everything that touches it. Dandruff shampoos are so harsh and strip by skin and moisturizers just flare up my face. I can't use topical steroids because they thin the skin and I already have broken capillaries. I'm considering on going on antidepressants because I can't stop stressing and obsessing about this. I wondered about Oracea helping but I'm scared it will make the yeast worse since it kills bacteria. Can anyone please give me suggestion!? I'm at my wits end and feel like I can't handle this anymore. I'm currently washing my face with distilled water and putting on Ketocanazole cream 2% once a day. I've also experimented with Bioderma H2o water cleanser. I had an awful reaction to Sulphur wash. Anything with acids or alcohol really messes with the broken capillaries. Please any suggestions!

I currently take Fish oil, Borage Oil, and birth control

Originally posted by Capture531 View Post
    Hey everyone,

I've posted on here once before but didn't really get too much feedback. I've been really struggling with this to the point that I've developed extreme anxiety and depression. As pathetic as it sounds....I can hardly function. I've always been prone to redness as a kid when I was playing sports or got embarrassed. Nothing that didn't calm itself down. But as I got older I developed more skin issues. I started getting tinea versicolor on my back (overgrowth of yeast) and some dandruff. But they were kept controlled with topical antifungals. However, eventually in the past 2 years I developed really bad flaking around my mouth that looked like a layer of dead skin build up. I stupidly used a make-up brush to buff off the flakey build up and applied concealer to other parts of my face with the same brush because I thought it was just dry skin. Note: I have only washed my face with water all my life because face wash always aggravated my face. Anyway, this dead build up of skin spread to the rest of my face. I have some small broken capillaries as well. A little around my nose, cheeks and chin. I also get this rash in the center of my chest and it itches. The oilier my skin the itchier and bumpier it is. The drier it is just shows white powdery flake build up. I don't know what to do! My face freaks out to almost everything that touches it. Dandruff shampoos are so harsh and strip by skin and moisturizers just flare up my face. I can't use topical steroids because they thin the skin and I already have broken capillaries. I'm considering on going on antidepressants because I can't stop stressing and obsessing about this. I wondered about Oracea helping but I'm scared it will make the yeast worse since it kills bacteria. Can anyone please give me suggestion!? I'm at my wits end and feel like I can't handle this anymore. I'm currently washing my face with distilled water and putting on Ketocanazole cream 2% once a day. I've also experimented with Bioderma H2o water cleanser. I had an awful reaction to Sulphur wash. Anything with acids or alcohol really messes with the broken capillaries. Please any suggestions!

I currently take Fish oil, Borage Oil, and birth control
    Have you seen a dermatologist? Maybe doxycycline and Soolantra prescription will help?

Comment

Originally posted by Songbird1 View Post
      Have you seen a dermatologist? Maybe doxycycline and Soolantra prescription will help?
      Yes I've seen a couple and am trying to see a different one. They really don't seem to know. I have been told rosacea, seb derm, perioral dermatitis, eczema...the one I've been seeing kinda just said maybe I'll grow out of it

Comment

I somehow think doxy and Soolantra might help you.
        I used to have some scaliness on my face. I took doxy and used Soolantra for 2 months. Then I discontinued and now just use my homemade salve. It completely eliminated the scales and helped to rebuild my skin barrier. If you are in the US I can mail you a small jar of my salve for free. May be it will help you? Other than that, I don't know what to suggest.
        Blessings,
        Songbird.

Comment

I somehow think doxy and Soolantra might help you.
          I used to have some scaliness on my face. I took doxy and used Soolantra for 2 months. Then I discontinued and now just use my homemade salve. It completely eliminated the scales and helped to rebuild my skin barrier. If you are in the US I can mail you a small jar of my salve for free. May be it will help you? Other than that, I don't know what to suggest.
          Blessings,
          Songbird.
          Did the Soolantra help? Did you have die off? Do you think oracea and soolantra might work? When ever I try to treat my skin I get these hive-like things with tiny white heads and a crawling/itching sensation. I also can get this from sweating.

Comment

Originally posted by Capture531 View Post
            Did the Soolantra help? Did you have die off? Do you think oracea and soolantra might work? When ever I try to treat my skin I get these hive-like things with tiny white heads and a crawling/itching sensation. I also can get this from sweating.
            Soolantra did help me a lot. I didn't have a die off effect. If you are afraid of taking antibiotics (which is understandable),you can just try Soolatra alone. Ivermectin (active ingredient in Soolantra) is a powerful anti parasitic. It will help with whatever parasitic microorganism(s) colonize your skin. Do a patch test first. If you don't get adverse reaction, you are good to go with Soolantra (if your derm prescribes it for you).
            Working on your digestive health will help too. Skin problems always originate in the gut. Topical treatments will only help to a point. if you want me to write about steps you can take to address internal issues, let me know.
            Doing something about your depression will help too. The best way to beat depression is to start exercising ( Zumba, Pilates, whatever suits your fancy).
            The hive-like things you write about can result from histamine intolerance. Did you try going on a low histamine diet ?

Comment

Soolantra did help me a lot. I didn't have a die off effect. If you are afraid of taking antibiotics (which is understandable),you can just try Soolatra alone. Ivermectin (active ingredient in Soolantra) is a powerful anti parasitic. It will help with whatever parasitic microorganism(s) colonize your skin. Do a patch test first. If you don't get adverse reaction, you are good to go with Soolantra (if your derm prescribes it for you).
              Working on your digestive health will help too. Skin problems always originate in the gut. Topical treatments will only help to a point. if you want me to write about steps you can take to address internal issues, let me know.
              Doing something about your depression will help too. The best way to beat depression is to start exercising ( Zumba, Pilates, whatever suits your fancy).
              The hive-like things you write about can result from histamine intolerance. Did you try going on a low histamine diet ?
              I just read about die off with soolantra because you are killing off mites which release an irritating substance that causes the hive-like bumps and inflammation. I suppose they prescribe doxy with it to deal with the inflammation. When I tried sulfur (which can kill mites) I had a pretty bad reaction that resembled contact dermatitis. I also have a rash that I get on my chest, flaking around the ears, and tinea versicolor on my back (fungal). Ive tried cutting out gluten, dairy, eggs, all grains, and fruits. I've taken neem pills, oil of oregano. Once I got tested for small intestinal bacterial overgrowth which came back positive. I was treated with rifaximin for two weeks and although my skin looked okay it didn't get rid of it. I'm just exhausted with this and have no clue what to do. I can't figure out if its fungal, bacterial, or mites. Currently I'm using Nizoral Cream 2% which helps with the flaking but just exposes the red bumpy rash underneath.

Comment

I have struggled with severe Rosacea for almost four years now. I've tried everything. Sea Buckthorn cream was working, but dermalmd rosacea serum works a hell of a lot better! I still use Sea Buckthorn pills, body wash, soap, and body lotion, but I use dermalmd rosacea serum for my face. It works a lot better! Plus you get a lot more serum that goes a long way for a great price!

Comment

Try Soolantra, ZZ Cream and piroctone olamine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Optimismum View Post
                    Try Soolantra, ZZ Cream and piroctone olamine.

Hi Optimismum! What product are you using with the piroctone olamine?

Thanks,
                    M.

Comment

Originally posted by MissM View Post
                      Hi Optimismum! What product are you using with the piroctone olamine?

Thanks,
                      M.
                      MissM,

It's a homemade lotion made by Tom, it contains as main ingredients : climbazole and piroctone olamine with mct oil.

Comment

Working...
                      X