wanted to share my cure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanted to share my cure

I have been a rosacea sufferer now for approx 5 years, not so noticeable to begin with but gradually got worse. I used to have good skin and not have to wear much makeup at all, now days I wouldn't leave the house without my foundation to cover my red spotty face and powder in my handbag to cover up through out the day.
    I have spent so much money on face creams and gels that are supposed to work but all they seemed to do is dry out my face and give my makeup something else to cling onto.
    After a visit to a health food shop I got talking about my rosacea and how it was really getting me down, I was advised to try an internal remedy instead of an external one. I have now been taking Astaxanthin for the past month and I have to say it actually working, the redness is still there but not so noticeable and the hard puss like spots are no more. I had never heard of Astaxanthin before so I gave it a google, its for skin and bones (also helps to stop burning in the sun )
    I needed to share my experience with other rosacea suffers, this works for me so why not give it a try. Its obviously not an over night cure but you will see an improvement in a few weeks. Good luck

Hi Tebee,

This may sound funny but when my rosachea had gotten really bad in December 2015 I got desperate and looked up foods that were good for skin, liver etc. Salmon was one of them. Also, garlic, beets, broccoli etc. Anyway, I started a new diet and noticed a difference within a couple of days. Long story short, astaxanthin derives from Salmon. Which brings me to where I am today... I have been remodeling at home and my kitchen no longer has a stove in it. So the last 2 weeks my rosachea has been getting really bad again. What I've noticed is that I have not had my normal diet of salmon, beets, garlic etc. I hope to be done this week and back on track. But for today I am going to purchase some astaxanthin and give it a whirl. When I called GNC today they asked if I wanted the one made from salmon oil. I said YES! Anyway, I hope you have success in your journey. Also, I've read on this site that Zinc helps as well.

Comment

Interesting...I would give it a try but I've read that astaxanthin can significantly reduce melanin production. I've gotten quite tan for the summer (which helps blend my redness better than anything), and don't want to mess that up.

I might buy some and save it though. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

For me astaxanthin did absolutely nothing.

I am glad it is working for other people though, this just goes to prove how complex and difficult to treat rosacea is.

Comment

Thanks for the advise..I love salmon too

Hi Tebee,

This may sound funny but when my rosachea had gotten really bad in December 2015 I got desperate and looked up foods that were good for skin, liver etc. Salmon was one of them. Also, garlic, beets, broccoli etc. Anyway, I started a new diet and noticed a difference within a couple of days. Long story short, astaxanthin derives from Salmon. Which brings me to where I am today... I have been remodeling at home and my kitchen no longer has a stove in it. So the last 2 weeks my rosachea has been getting really bad again. What I've noticed is that I have not had my normal diet of salmon, beets, garlic etc. I hope to be done this week and back on track. But for today I am going to purchase some astaxanthin and give it a whirl. When I called GNC today they asked if I wanted the one made from salmon oil. I said YES! Anyway, I hope you have success in your journey. Also, I've read on this site that Zinc helps as well.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Tebee View Post
            I have been a rosacea sufferer now for approx 5 years, not so noticeable to begin with but gradually got worse. I used to have good skin and not have to wear much makeup at all, now days I wouldn't leave the house without my foundation to cover my red spotty face and powder in my handbag to cover up through out the day.
            I have spent so much money on face creams and gels that are supposed to work but all they seemed to do is dry out my face and give my makeup something else to cling onto.
            After a visit to a health food shop I got talking about my rosacea and how it was really getting me down, I was advised to try an internal remedy instead of an external one. I have now been taking Astaxanthin for the past month and I have to say it actually working, the redness is still there but not so noticeable and the hard puss like spots are no more. I had never heard of Astaxanthin before so I gave it a google, its for skin and bones (also helps to stop burning in the sun )
            I needed to share my experience with other rosacea suffers, this works for me so why not give it a try. Its obviously not an over night cure but you will see an improvement in a few weeks. Good luck
            Thanks for sharing. Based on your post I decided to give Astaxanthin a go to see if it would help with flushing caused by sun exposure. I picked up a bottle of 30 pills. They are 12mg/ea. and are taken 1x daily. I took my first one this morning. If it helps at all after the 30 days I will report on it.

Comment

Originally posted by BVokey View Post
              Thanks for sharing. Based on your post I decided to give Astaxanthin a go to see if it would help with flushing caused by sun exposure. I picked up a bottle of 30 pills. They are 12mg/ea. and are taken 1x daily. I took my first one this morning. If it helps at all after the 30 days I will report on it.
              Hi, I know this is an older post so I hope you read this. Are you still using the astaxinthin? Is it working? Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X