Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this rosacea? (Irish/American Indian skin)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this rosacea? (Irish/American Indian skin)

Hi, I am a Silverback from Pittsburgh, a very rainy (If not one of the most rainy & dark) places in America. 5:00 p.m. means complete darkness most of the time through September--February, and the cold is brutal. And these seasonal changes *always* induce facial redness, sometimes severe but recently the severity is "normal." I have had *intermittent* facial redness resembling & responding *identical* to Rosacea (But I was never diagnosed.) since I was 12.

My "Rosacea" doesn't progress; it was bad at 13, better at 14, bad at 15, vastly improved at 16 (With a period under 2 months of prescription cream) much better at 17, and better than that at 18. 19 was the same but I am extremely emotional & flareups happened more often. 20 it was the same but even more sensetive to cold (All those years, hot coffee rarely ever effected me. As for hot tea & energy drinks, Spicy Food flared me though) & now I'm 21 my face has become much more sensetive to the sun, cold & flareups seem random now, even when I don't eat or I avoid environmental factors.

I am White & American Indian so I cannot tell if my ruddy cheeks & ears (Very rarely my nose has ever been effected) are normal skin or not. I can drink coffee & energy drinks fine without facial flushing but other times I can flush up, but I believe this is exclusively an emotional issue, & so I am unsure if it's attributed. I have Aspergers & Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I get red *mostly* from Emotions, but Spicy Food causes *severe* flushing.

I am skin-resistant to Steam but not Hot Water. I can also drink Hot Tea without facial flushing. I'm sorry for making my case so complicated but I think pictorial explaination will help. :/ I just can't tell because my Biology contradicts symptoms, and even my facial redness does! But other times it seems like a standard case of Rosacea but I'm Multi-Racial to further complicate things x_x

Any advice for my skintone would be much appreciated And thank you for whoever took the time to read this

Is it possible that you have KPRF? Keratoses Pilaris Rubra Faceii. Have you been officially diagnosed by a dermatologist? Your description of how your redness is on your cheeks and the early age of onset is why I am thinking KPRF. If you google it, you will see how it looks in photos.

Comment

What is a Silverback? (Apart from a Gorilla) I'm curious!

Comment

Working...
      X