eating protein makes p&ps worse!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eating protein makes p&ps worse!

Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I am starting to notice that, whenever I eat something with a lot of protein (chicken, beef, and eggs are the main ones for me) my face will break out in p&ps--sometimes within the hour or two--and sometimes they will be there the next morning when I wake up.

I thought I was having a problem with histamines, so I take a Histame (brand name) pill a few minutes before I eat. I also take digestive enzymes (Ultrazyme), since I thought that was the problem. I even take Glutamine, Magnesium, two types of probiotics and a zertec (at night--makes me drowsy otherwise.) At first, this seemed to be helping a bit, but now it has stopped working and I am back to having a reaction every time I eat protein. Is anyone else experiencing this? I don't know why food is such a big trigger for me. I have tried all different diets (not sugar, no carbs etc.) and it seems like the only things that don't mess up my face, ironically, are: plain bagels, plain crackers, mozzarella cheese (my only real source of protein right now), broccoli, zucchini, and carrots.

I allow myself to eat one meat meal on the weekends (normally chicken or beef) but I can't even enjoy it because I know I will have to 'pay the consequences' later. I'm practically crying when I eat now because it makes me so sad. Food had become so unpleasurable because I have to keep eating the same things--no nutrition and totally unhealthy.

Does anyone have this problem of have any idea why I can't seem to eat meat or eggs??

Thanks!

I am the opposite. If I stray from basically meat, eggs, nuts, veggies I will flare. I have found that carbs and sugars in any form are my worst triggers. I can have veggies and some fruit (maybe like 1 small piece per day) BUT everyone has different triggers so maybe for you, protein is more of a trigger than carbs are? Are you putting spices on your meat that may contain gluten?

Comment

My flushing is increased from Mirvaso. So, hopefully this will eventually go back to the way I was before. Before Mirvaso I always ate chicken and eggs and hamburgers. Now all those things make me flush. Right now I have to stick to: Vegetables and fruit, nuts and seeds, beans, and some whole grains (not gluten).

Comment

Thank u both for responding!

Thank you both for responding to my post! It's so amazing that foods affect us all so differently. To answer one of you, I don't put any spices (aside from sea salt) on any of my food. Everything is extremely bland. The weird thing is that I could eat plain bagels (carbs) all day long and not have any p&p reaction, but as soon as I eat meat, eggs, or any other protein I will start to break out. I keep wondering if it's a histamine reaction, but I'm already taking histamine DAO pills and that only seems to be helping a little bit. I would have thought that it would have fixed the problem, but I guess something else is going on too.

Thanks again for your posts!

Comment

It takes a lot more work and more organs for your body to break down protein. So when the organs get a little overburdened, the body will release some of the toxins through the skin - the largest organs. I wonder if you aren't producing enough stomach acid. If you search around on the forum, there are threads/posts about people who improved their rosacea with Betaine HCL with pepsid. Just a thought. Also milk thistle for your liver and upping your water intake may help.

Comment

Looks like you are doing well with trial and error and may have figured out some of your food sensitivities. I just got tested and learned about mine. Like you, it's pointing me in the direction of being nearly vegan! This is NOT my lifestyle, but I'll give it a good try to see if it helps with my rosacea and other inflammation problems.
            Have you been tested for food sensitivities yet? PERHAPS it's something else and not as bad as needing to avoid meats and eggs.

Danielle

Comment

Originally posted by hg24 View Post
              It takes a lot more work and more organs for your body to break down protein. So when the organs get a little overburdened, the body will release some of the toxins through the skin - the largest organs. I wonder if you aren't producing enough stomach acid. If you search around on the forum, there are threads/posts about people who improved their rosacea with Betaine HCL with pepsid. Just a thought. Also milk thistle for your liver and upping your water intake may help.
              Hi hg24,
              Thanks for your response! I, too, thought it was a Betaine HCL issue at first. I took the 'HCL challenge' (take a pill while eating a protein-rich meal---mine was chicken---and see if you get heartburn. If you don't, you need HCL pills. If you do, then you don't need the pills.) I got the worst hearburn of my life! So, I guess that answered my question. I have been seeing a lot of people talking about milk thistle (and now you have mentioned it as well.) I'm going to look into that one. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by MigraineNutritionist View Post
                Looks like you are doing well with trial and error and may have figured out some of your food sensitivities. I just got tested and learned about mine. Like you, it's pointing me in the direction of being nearly vegan! This is NOT my lifestyle, but I'll give it a good try to see if it helps with my rosacea and other inflammation problems.
                Have you been tested for food sensitivities yet? PERHAPS it's something else and not as bad as needing to avoid meats and eggs.

Danielle
                Hi Danielle,
                I agree--this is not my lifestyle either! I really hope I don't lose the ability to eat meat. UGH! I've often wondered about food sensitivities (I stopped drinking milk almost a year ago and actually feel much better--even though I love milk.) I haven't been able to find any reliable food tests (there's always someone dispelling them.) Do you have any idea which one(s) would be good?
                Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X