Sunscreen won't rub in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunscreen won't rub in

Hi all! My husband has rosacea (has had it for years undiagnosed, but now we recognize it's subtype 2), and we can't find sunscreen that will rub in on his face. I haven't seen any other rosacea sufferers complain of this problem, so maybe he's a special case? Arms and neck are fine, any old cheap sunscreen will work there, but on his face it just sits on top like a white paste; if you try to rub it in, it just smears around. It looks silly and I'm worried it doesn't work properly. He also wears a hat which helps, but we'd really like a sunscreen too. We've tried Neutrogena and Badger without success. I've heard of something called Supergoop sunscreen oil, but not sure how it will work with rosacea. This is really important as he is a pe teacher and is outside all day long. Anyone else had this problem? Any advice would be awesome! Thank you everyone!
    -A

Is he using any topical medications? I've noticed that since I've started using Finacea many things seem to sit on top of my face. I tried to use the Cerave AM sunscreen today and it was doing the same thing on my skin. La Roche Posay has a nice line of sunscreens that might work for him as I never have any issues when I use them.

Comment

Thank you for the advice! He doesn't take any meds. I'll try the sunscreen you suggested!

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieEm View Post
        [...]and we can't find sunscreen that will rub in on his face. [...] but on his face it just sits on top like a white paste; if you try to rub it in, it just smears around.[...]
        Also depends on the type of sunscreen that is used: chemical blockers or physical blockers. Chemical blockers are better absorbed into the skin where they chemically block UV. Whereas physical blockers physically block UV by forming a layer on the outer skin. But chemical blockers are often considered as less safe in terms of toxicity and possible also in terms of skin tolerance.

There are tests lists on the Internet, that show what the safest product is. But the best product may not be the best for rosacea.

Comment

Working...
        X