New member looking for answers/solutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member looking for answers/solutions

Note: I originally posted this in the wrong category by mistake, hence why I am re-posting it here now

Hi all

I've had Rosacea since I was like 5, 25 now. I get it just on my cheeks, they're pink most of the time but heat, anxiety, alcohol, spicy foods and exercise trigger them to flush and go red. I've come to understand there is no permanent cure, but I'm curious to see what can be done to conceal it. I'm a dude so I don't particularly want to use make up, I have a beard which covers like a 3rd of it, but I'm wondering if there is some type of cream that could be used to conceal the redness. I don't like the idea of the lazer treatment, but I am however considering trying some meds.

So my questions to you guys are:

- What kind of skin product would you recommend for a guy like me?
    - What medication in your experiences have you found to be effective in reducing redness and/or flushes?
    - Is there a sunscreen that can potentially act like a concealer?

ALSO! I want to know if this has happened to you guys - Whenever I get motion sickness or if I'm about to spew my Rosacea goes away completely, so I'm wondering if there's a correlation between that and getting rid of Rosacea. Whether it's some sort of chemical released in your system or if it's just like reduced blood flow to your head. It's got me thinking that perhaps a drug that can somewhat induce that motion sickness feeling could relieve Rosacea, I dunno... maybe I'm alone on this one ha.

Thanks in advance!

haha "a drug to induce motion sickness."

Wow his face is so clear... TOO BAD HE CAN'T STAND UP lol.

I am jealous of your beard... If I could grow one it would cover most of my problem area (mouth and chin). I have a job that doesn't allow beards and lately I've been fantasizing about getting a different job just so I can grow one. If I can't get these p&p to go away in the next couple years I might give up on finding a rosacea resolution and just grow a beard to hide behind! I am now caffeine free and my nose and eye areas have calmed down enough. My nose was getting purple and after giving up caffeine because of my vestibular migraines it is much better, although I would maybe zap the broken blood vessels on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitar Dude View Post
      haha "a drug to induce motion sickness."

Wow his face is so clear... TOO BAD HE CAN'T STAND UP lol.

I am jealous of your beard... If I could grow one it would cover most of my problem area (mouth and chin). I have a job that doesn't allow beards and lately I've been fantasizing about getting a different job just so I can grow one. If I can't get these p&p to go away in the next couple years I might give up on finding a rosacea resolution and just grow a beard to hide behind! I am now caffeine free and my nose and eye areas have calmed down enough. My nose was getting purple and after giving up caffeine because of my vestibular migraines it is much better, although I would maybe zap the broken blood vessels on it.
      There would be times where I'd prefer motion sickness to hot flushing haha. It's a work in progress, hopefully it can thicken out more. I think it's absolutely ridiculous how employers have the right to dictate someones facial hair. You wouldn't tell a guy to shave his head so why should you tell him to shave his beard? ya know. As long as a beard is clean and tidy I don't see the problem... you can still look presentable with facial hair.

Comment

Working...
      X