Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused about rosacea

Greetings!

I am a 24 yr old female, who has been dealing with rosacea for years. Peopke used to think my red cheeks were cute, up untill it started breaking out. This past year i have had the worst flare ups ever. I changed my diet, i have been avoiding going out in the sun. I try to use the most gentle products i can get my hands on. I use no makeup at all. I have been using cetaphil bar as i read it was great for us with rosacea. So far is great however after a month of use it dryes my skin. It wasnt so bad so i decided to just counter the effect using a moisturizer after. Being ignorant i bought a ponds cream as it is what my mom uses(she does not have rosacea) i did not read for alcohols which it of course has. And my face is full blown red. Iam looking everywhere and cant find an alcohol free moisturizer. I thought cetaphil had none but it does! I am torn and lost, what to buy? My face keeps drying i need to moisturize it asap. Dermatologist aapointment isnt untill sept 2015. Is there any alcohol free ones you could recommend? Sunscreen recommendations would be greatly appreviated as well. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by kmarie105 View Post
    Greetings!

The products i use on my face are the simple range as they have no harsh chemicals or alcohol. I use a daily face wash and a cream. There only ones i can recommend with no alcohol in them!

Have you been diagnoised with rosacea? As i thought i had it as i had a red face since June last year and i been told that rosacea is more of a widespread rash... Sometimes its best to see different doctors to get right diagnosis. It could be your face might be going red from the products cause its sensitive or it dont like that product.

I hope u find some relief and dont give up theres light at the end of the tunnel.

I am a 24 yr old female, who has been dealing with rosacea for years. Peopke used to think my red cheeks were cute, up untill it started breaking out. This past year i have had the worst flare ups ever. I changed my diet, i have been avoiding going out in the sun. I try to use the most gentle products i can get my hands on. I use no makeup at all. I have been using cetaphil bar as i read it was great for us with rosacea. So far is great however after a month of use it dryes my skin. It wasnt so bad so i decided to just counter the effect using a moisturizer after. Being ignorant i bought a ponds cream as it is what my mom uses(she does not have rosacea) i did not read for alcohols which it of course has. And my face is full blown red. Iam looking everywhere and cant find an alcohol free moisturizer. I thought cetaphil had none but it does! I am torn and lost, what to buy? My face keeps drying i need to moisturize it asap. Dermatologist aapointment isnt untill sept 2015. Is there any alcohol free ones you could recommend? Sunscreen recommendations would be greatly appreviated as well. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Wow! 9 month wait time??
      I was using cerave cleanser which was non irritating...until it dried me out too. I actually stopped cleansing - period! Apart from whatever water gets on my face in the shower or when I shave, my face has been much better! Sometimes less is more.

Comment

Working...
      X