Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depressed New Rosacea Suffer - help?!

Hi all,

First post ever on here. I actually have never posted on a forum before in my life so this shows how distraught I am by this whole Rosacea business. Reading all your experiences has made me feel al lot less alone and I am very grateful for that.

Here is a quick background:

- 24 year old male
    - Diagnosed with Rosacea about 3 weeks ago.
    - Red cheeks with lots of p&ps

I am really very depressed about my Rosacea. In all honesty, I have never felt so down about my future. The idea of this getting worse and being incurable is incredibly painful to me and having read this forum before joining I know you all suffer too. I feel a great affinity already because I know you are suffering in the same way as me. I wish I could reach out and take all our pain away.

My face is absolutely cover in red marks and this is causing my a lot of anxiety. I have just got a new job that requires public speaking and client facing work. I am dreading my public speaking engagement in a few weeks. Tomorrow I am doing public speaking training with my new colleagues and the coach is my girlfriends mum. Can you think of anything worse then this whilst having a bad Rosacea outbreak! I cannot even look people in the eyes when i speak to them anymore let alone perform publicly. I never used to be like this. I was previously outgoing and loved human interaction. Now I avoid social engagements and prefer my own company.

I have seen all the comments from people on this forum and I think it is really touching how everyone bands together to help others in distress. Reading about other peoples experiences has made me feel less lonely and I thankyou for that.

Although I have already done all the basic research, I still have a few questions.

1) Will I ever look better again?
    2) Will this be have a negative impact on the rest of my life?
    3) Does it always get worse?
    4) What should I do for treating it? ( Doc has put me on Tetracycline and I am modifying diet/avoiding triggers etc)
    5) How do you deal with the depression?

Thankyou for listening. Any response would be really appreciated.

P.S

Stay away from Prosacea treatment gel! Awful breakout from it.

Originally posted by Iamnotmybody View Post
    Hi all,

First post ever on here. I actually have never posted on a forum before in my life so this shows how distraught I am by this whole Rosacea business. Reading all your experiences has made me feel al lot less alone and I am very grateful for that.

Here is a quick background:

- 24 year old male
    - Diagnosed with Rosacea about 3 weeks ago.
    - Red cheeks with lots of p&ps

I am really very depressed about my Rosacea. In all honesty, I have never felt so down about my future. The idea of this getting worse and being incurable is incredibly painful to me and having read this forum before joining I know you all suffer too. I feel a great affinity already because I know you are suffering in the same way as me. I wish I could reach out and take all our pain away.

My face is absolutely cover in red marks and this is causing my a lot of anxiety. I have just got a new job that requires public speaking and client facing work. I am dreading my public speaking engagement in a few weeks. Tomorrow I am doing public speaking training with my new colleagues and the coach is my girlfriends mum. Can you think of anything worse then this whilst having a bad Rosacea outbreak! I cannot even look people in the eyes when i speak to them anymore let alone perform publicly. I never used to be like this. I was previously outgoing and loved human interaction. Now I avoid social engagements and prefer my own company.

I have seen all the comments from people on this forum and I think it is really touching how everyone bands together to help others in distress. Reading about other peoples experiences has made me feel less lonely and I thankyou for that.

Although I have already done all the basic research, I still have a few questions.

1) Will I ever look better again?
    2) Will this be have a negative impact on the rest of my life?
    3) Does it always get worse?
    4) What should I do for treating it? ( Doc has put me on Tetracycline and I am modifying diet/avoiding triggers etc)
    5) How do you deal with the depression?

Thankyou for listening. Any response would be really appreciated.

P.S

Stay away from Prosacea treatment gel! Awful breakout from it.
    Hi mate.

Firstly, welcome to the forum. I am sorry you have been diagnosed with this condition as i know from experience how difficult it is to live with. You say your doctor has put you on tetracycline, but i was just wondering if he/she has actually referred you to see a dermatologist? There are various things that can be used to help control this condition, such as topical treatments like metrogel amongst others, but i would suggest seeing a dermatologist if you havent already as everybodys condition is different. Also i think you are really brave, rosacea or not, to orate in pubic and I urge you to try and stay as strong as possible and dont let this disease beat you down. Remember, you are young, so dont give up hope, as you never know what is round the corner treatment wise. I hope this advice helps a little mate and i wish you all the best.

Burner.

Comment

Welcome to RF.

If there was one treatment that worked for rosacea there wouldn't be a need for this forum. So, remember that what works for one rosacean may not work for another.

The best thing you can do is spend some time reading what others have done to control their rosacea.

You can get your rosacea under control. Not a cure, just a control.

It usually comes back and you will eventually figure out your own personal triggers. What triggers one rosacea sufferer may not trigger your rosacea.

Try spraying some cool mist of water with a fine sprayer to cool yourself. Try staying calm and don't get worked up over this. You will in time find something to control your rosacea.

The general thing is that once a rosacea sufferer finds how to control it, they usually leave the forum and never come back to post. Don't be like them. Stick around and help others.
      Brady Barrows
      Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Working...
      X