Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP -Product recommendations please ...Image, Murad, Trilogy, Rosa Moqueta ...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP -Product recommendations please ...Image, Murad, Trilogy, Rosa Moqueta ...?

Hi there,
    I've developed Rosacea in the past 9 months, seemingly as a response to stress. I don't drink often but as of May of last year had started to drink wine (red) and have been told this is a trigger - has anyone else heard this? I'm 36 and have had perfect skin all of my life so am very distressed by this condition (as I'm sure all of you are too) and I'm afraid that it is getting worse so I don't ever want to go out without full make up. I was only 'diagnosed' yesterday and have been given conflicting information thus far.

I have always used hypoallergenic products and mineral powder make up for about 10 years so I need some guidance on skin care products - moisturisers, serums and cleansers. I already use Simple or Cetaphil gentle cleanser as a face wash.

I live in Ireland at the moment but am in London often so I am hoping for product recommendations available in either location. I know to avoid any products with alcohol or with hazel or any abrasive scrubs or sponges but other than that am a little confused as to what is tried and trusted.

* I've visited a cosmo-ceutical clinic who recommended Image (products only available through therapist stockists and not online). They're very expensive e.g. 71 Euros for a masque. I wasn't given any free samples either so am loathed to pay this.

* I obtained Murad samples from another cosmo-ceutical clinic and was surprised when the night recovery gel stung my rosacea (as it doesn't usually sting or hurt).

* The more natural route appears to be use of any antioxidant (e.g. vitamin C) or rosehip oil products. Regarding Rosehip - Trilogy seems reasonably priced (though not cheap). One person I know found the oil exacerbated her Rosacea.

* Rio Rosa Moquita oil or cream is available in homeopathic stores and is very reasonably priced 14.99 Euros and it contains sun protection. Have some samples but will exhaust the Murad ones first before trying them. has anyone used this?

If anyone has experience of these products I'd really appreciate some feedback. I appreciate that it will be trial and error as everyone's response is unique but I can make general judgements before wasting money on products that are likely to cause my already-sensitive skin to flare up.

Any advice welcome. Thanks in advance!

Mea

Recommendations

Originally posted by Mea Linn View Post
    Hi there,
    I've developed Rosacea in the past 9 months, seemingly as a response to stress. I don't drink often but as of May of last year had started to drink wine (red) and have been told this is a trigger - has anyone else heard this? I'm 36 and have had perfect skin all of my life so am very distressed by this condition (as I'm sure all of you are too) and I'm afraid that it is getting worse so I don't ever want to go out without full make up. I was only 'diagnosed' yesterday and have been given conflicting information thus far.

I have always used hypoallergenic products and mineral powder make up for about 10 years so I need some guidance on skin care products - moisturisers, serums and cleansers. I already use Simple or Cetaphil gentle cleanser as a face wash.

I live in Ireland at the moment but am in London often so I am hoping for product recommendations available in either location. I know to avoid any products with alcohol or with hazel or any abrasive scrubs or sponges but other than that am a little confused as to what is tried and trusted.

* I've visited a cosmo-ceutical clinic who recommended Image (products only available through therapist stockists and not online). They're very expensive e.g. 71 Euros for a masque. I wasn't given any free samples either so am loathed to pay this.

* I obtained Murad samples from another cosmo-ceutical clinic and was surprised when the night recovery gel stung my rosacea (as it doesn't usually sting or hurt).

* The more natural route appears to be use of any antioxidant (e.g. vitamin C) or rosehip oil products. Regarding Rosehip - Trilogy seems reasonably priced (though not cheap). One person I know found the oil exacerbated her Rosacea.

* Rio Rosa Moquita oil or cream is available in homeopathic stores and is very reasonably priced 14.99 Euros and it contains sun protection. Have some samples but will exhaust the Murad ones first before trying them. has anyone used this?

If anyone has experience of these products I'd really appreciate some feedback. I appreciate that it will be trial and error as everyone's response is unique but I can make general judgements before wasting money on products that are likely to cause my already-sensitive skin to flare up.

Any advice welcome. Thanks in advance!

Mea

Afraid I'm not familiar with any of these brands, but I have been quite pleased with Clinique and La Roche-Posay. Clinique's Redness Solutions covers the rosacea quite well, and the skin care products are soothing and do not aggravate my rosacea at all. I would be wary of vitamin C. Might it not irritate your skin? The Body Shoppe's aloe vera range are also good. Mild and gentle is the key.

Comment

Working...
    X