Need Diet Info: Ocular Rosacea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Diet Info: Ocular Rosacea

Hello All - new to this forum. I've had facial rosacea for 20 years. I keep it under control with Metrocream and avoid the usual triggers (heat, spicy foods, etc.). I also eat mostly vegetarian/alkaline/anti-inflamation diet. But, if I get stressed it does flare, but only on my nose.

Well I hit age 50 a couple months ago and now I have ocular rosacea. It's terrible. I thought it was severe dry eye so was treating it with hot compresses and well, basically to make a long story short, I have to quickly get this under control. I can barely function.

I need to go on a good rosacea diet IMMEDIATELY. I need a refresher on what to eat, what not to eat. Can anyone direct me to a link for diet info? I can monitor my triggers going forward but just right now I am ready to completely overhaul my kitchen to try to help myself with diet.

Thanks for any help. Much appreciated.

Are you using eyelid scrubs? They will probably make a big difference if you aren't already using them. Just work up a lather with the soap before you use them on your eyelids.
    Also: Evening Primrose Oil with a high amount of gamma linolenic acid should be helpful over time.

Best,

David
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.

Comment

Hi Cali, I agree with David's recommendations as well as adding more omega 3's to your diet and the liberal use of preservative free rewetting drops. Please read our ocular rosacea sticky that we have at the beginning of our OR section here. As well as this link which provides much useful info. Good luck!

http://dryeyezone.com/encyclopedia/treatment.html

Best,
      Melissa

Comment

Working...
      X