No announcement yet.

New Here: Red nose- not sure if it's rosacea or not and need some help/feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here: Red nose- not sure if it's rosacea or not and need some help/feedback

Hello,

I have been a "lurker" for the past couple of months because I am not sure if I have rosacea or not. My symptoms began a couple of months ago when I starting getting a really red/flushed chest. Sometimes it stings and my dermatologist diagnosed me with urticaria (hives). Ice seems to take away the redness and stinging feeling. I seem to get the rash on my chest when I am overheated, after a shower or when my clothing rubs against it. I was also diagnosed with dermatographic urticaria (skin writing allergy). I have bad seasonal allergies as well. I guess when the flushing began, I became nervous that it was rosacea.

The past month or so I notice that my face will flush real fast when I am nervous but it will go away really quickly. Sometimes I will get blotches up my neck. It all goes away pretty quickly. The past week or so my nose has been getting red on and off. My allergies are BAD lately and my nose is stuffed up. I went to my primary care dr. today and she said that my nose is swollen inside and said I likely have a sinus infection. She prescribed me a medrol pack (steroids) and ammoxicillian. She said that the outside of a person's nose does not usually get flushed red with allergies (I disagreed as I thought I red that allergies can cause inflammation and redness on the skin of nose). My doctor said that it is possible this is the beginnings of rosacea. OH NO!

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia a year ago and am just getting it under control now. I do have hot "flushes" from the fibro when i get really hot in the heat and my face will get red. When I cool down the redness seems to subside. Then an hour later I will get chills.

Anyway-more on my nose: the past couple of days my nose has been constantly red and the shade of redness fluctuates. My cheeks and nose will get worse after a shower or being outside. I don't know what to think and am hoping that this is all from my urticaria and allergies. My face will be warm to the touch for awhile and then will be OK. Sometimes my face is warm to the touch and NOT red.

I am now concerned that the flushing on my chest is rosacea and not hives-- it gets real red and sometimes it's just blotches. Also VERY warm to the touch. My nose is sometimes warm and sometimes cold. It can be warm or cold and still be red. I also noticed that when I am walking outside doing exercise, my cheeks are cold but nose is warm. I am sooo confused and don't know what to think, really.

I guess my main question is: is it possible for the skin on my nose to be red from my allergies and inflammation inside my nose? Is the redness from my shower caused by my urticaria? I apologize for the lengthy post. I feel VERY upset at the moment and need some feedback. By the way, I am 31 yr female and do not have any papules or pustles on my face-- just some whiteheads under my skin.

Thank you in advance for any help.

-Freeme3

New Here: Red nose- not sure if it's rosacea or not and need some help/feedback

I also want to say that I suffer from anxiety (panic attacks) and depression. One more thing: when i sweat, I get a rash on my face.

Thank you again.
    -Freeme3

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

I suffer from anxiety and i have the same thing, not just on my face but pretty much everywhere on my body

face/chest is the worst but sometimes on my arms,shoulders,hands and feet as well. It gets red and warm to the touch. I think its due to the anxiety/stress and not an allergy or rosacea

Comment

red/warm skin

Wildscenery,

Thank you for your reply. I do get a warm red chest that stings and my face sometimes gets warm to the touch. I guess anxiety can do anything to your body, geez! It's odd though because sometimes after washing my face, it will stay red forr a while which is new. I do have dermographism where the lightest touch turns my skin red so I guess it could be that.

Thanks for your help,
          freeme3

Comment

Originally posted by freeme3 View Post
            Wildscenery,

Thank you for your reply. I do get a warm red chest that stings and my face sometimes gets warm to the touch. I guess anxiety can do anything to your body, geez! It's odd though because sometimes after washing my face, it will stay red forr a while which is new. I do have dermographism where the lightest touch turns my skin red so I guess it could be that.

Thanks for your help,
            freeme3
            I have the same thing, ever since i got these rashes my skin is incredibly sensitive everywhere and it gets very red by the slightest touch, even wearing certain clothes makes it red, long-sleeved shirts for instance makes my arms red. If i comb my hair and the comb touches my forhead i get very red scratch marks etc
            Last edited by Wildscenery; 29 September 2011, 03:32 PM.

Comment

red nose

Originally posted by Wildscenery View Post
              I have the same thing, ever since i got these rashes my skin is incredibly sensitive everywhere and it gets very red by the slightest touch, even wearing certain clothes makes it red, long-sleeved shirts for instance makes my arms red. If i comb my hair and the comb touches my forhead i get very red scratch marks etc
              Thank you Wildscenery for your message. Yes, all of that happens to me too. I get bright red scratch marks. That is dermographism. It's something that has to do with of mast cells and our histamine. I think that it's my allergies and my nerves. I am trying to get a hold of my anxiety by deep breathing with the hopes that this will all go away.

Thanks again,
              Freeme3

Comment

Do you have trouble sleeping? I usually have and thats the main reason my skin acts this way. I've been taking some strong antihistamines before bed as they act as a anxiety-reliever as well and it makes me able to sleep better and all my rashes are gone as of today. Being able to sleep well for about 1 week made all the difference in the world

Comment

red nose

Originally posted by Wildscenery View Post
                  Do you have trouble sleeping? I usually have and thats the main reason my skin acts this way. I've been taking some strong antihistamines before bed as they act as a anxiety-reliever as well and it makes me able to sleep better and all my rashes are gone as of today. Being able to sleep well for about 1 week made all the difference in the world
                  I am glad that your rashes are gone and the antihistamines are working for you. That's great news. I am, unfortunately still suffering from a red and swollen nose. It is very painful! My sinuses hurt too so I am wondering if the problem is allergies. I hope so.

Comment

Working...
                  X