Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocular Rosacea or just blepharitis???

Hi,
    I am pretty confused at the moment. I've been suffering from ocular symptoms for almost 3 years now. I went to see a professor of external eye diseases at Moorfields hospital in the UK, and he diagnosed me with blepharitis, which included scales at the base of the eyelashes, and also meibomian gland dysfunction. I was put on tetracyclines and educated on lid hygiene. My symtoms were: burning, itching, lash breakage, dry eyes, and swelling of the lower lids and of my face. Although the treatment has helped with my symptoms, I am by no means symptom free and my doctor cannot account for the swelling in my face, which goes up and down depending upon the severity of my eye symptoms. I am wondering whether I may have ocular rosacea, I know that diagnosis cannot be made via the internet, but could you tell me, is there a definitive diagnosis for ocular rosacea? how would an opthamologist tell the difference between blepharitis and ocular rosacea?
    and is it possible to suffer from ocular rosacea without ever developing facial symptoms?

Adelina

Re: Ocular Rosacea or just blepharitis???

Originally posted by adelinapatti
    Hi,
    I am pretty confused at the moment. I've been suffering from ocular symptoms for almost 3 years now. I went to see a professor of external eye diseases at Moorfields hospital in the UK, and he diagnosed me with blepharitis, which included scales at the base of the eyelashes, and also meibomian gland dysfunction. I was put on tetracyclines and educated on lid hygiene. My symtoms were: burning, itching, lash breakage, dry eyes, and swelling of the lower lids and of my face. Although the treatment has helped with my symptoms, I am by no means symptom free and my doctor cannot account for the swelling in my face, which goes up and down depending upon the severity of my eye symptoms. I am wondering whether I may have ocular rosacea, I know that diagnosis cannot be made via the internet, but could you tell me, is there a definitive diagnosis for ocular rosacea? how would an opthamologist tell the difference between blepharitis and ocular rosacea?
    and is it possible to suffer from ocular rosacea without ever developing facial symptoms?

Adelina
    Here is what I have gathered together about occular rosacea >

http://www.rosaceans.com/html/occular.html

You can always get a second opinion from another physician.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Working...
    X