Something IMPORTANT I've noticed about this forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something IMPORTANT I've noticed about this forum

Several months ago, there were more topics and discussion about flushing, blushing, redness and burning aspect of Rosacea.

Why do we barely see topics of these nature as much anymore? Afterall, they were known to be the three biggest symptoms, right?

The answer in a nutshell is, Red Light Therapy.

I'm sure many can agree with me, that RLT has allowed me to not have Rosacea on my mind 24/7. It's by far the best treatment for my symptoms.

RLT is killing lots of discussion on this board, and that's a good thing

Kudos to the people who brought it to the forum - I owe you loads!

Is there an affordable unit that you can buy and use instead of building one? I dont know much about RLT.

what are some popular brands/models? A bunch of folks talk about RLT but I dont hear much about models and such.
    Subtype-1: Cheek and ear flushing
    Currently: IPL

Comment

fut, I love RLT

bentherebefore, there are some sticky threads at the top of the 'Low level light based therapies' section.

Check these out, you may find some answers to your questions.

http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/viewtopic.php?t=4683

http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/viewtopic.php?t=4171

Happiness is a choice.

Comment

Thank you Peter Waters for all of the work, sweat, and tears you have put into RLT on these forums.

You are a pioneer, and an inspiration to us all. It truly is because of you and Kristen and TP that we have this amazing option for our rosacea.

Thank you Peter - for everything!

Millie

Comment

Quite right Millie. Ahem...

Three cheers for Peter!

I'd like to also raise a beer to IowaDavid. His posts were inspirational on this subject.

--

These fellows changed my life. I am so grateful they took the time to share with the rest of us.

Happiness is a choice.

Comment

hmm, sorry for not joining the festivities but i can't say i agree with the connection made between less talk of flushing and that being attributed to red light.
            Now before anyone mentions that i am biased since RLT has not worked for me, i would like to say that i really want to join the festivities and plan on trying my red light again soon.
            However, in the meantime, i would like to see the poll thread made into a sticky (for some reason that was the only one not made into a sticky) so that we can get a clear idea as to how many people it has helped and how many people it has not helped.
            So far, my personal impression is that the success rate is no better than many other products. I hope i am wrong, and i would be happy to be proven wrong by having either the old poll made into a sticky or perhaps a new one stating simply: did it help you or not.
            thanks,
            eric

Comment

Hello Eric

You are absolutely right and we mustn't get carried away and say RLT is the answer to all the rosacea problems. It is no different to any treatment, in so much as it doesn't always work for everybody who tries it and it is still very much experimental. Having said this several of us have had impressive results and we have wanted to share our experiences with others, hoping it will help them also. Unfortunately RLT is like Rosacea because we still do not know enough about it yet, which means we have to learn as we slowly progress. It is very frustrating that the Hammersmith trial still hasn't started yet although it looks like it will get underway shortly and hopefully it will throw out some clues on it's effectiveness and possibly also the origins of the condition.

If you do try RLT again then I wish you luck.

I would like to thank Millie and TP for their very kind words. Can't say it's been easy but we have managed to spread the word despite opposition from one area and it's always very satisfying when people report back good results. Kristen in the early days was very supportive and both David with TP have continued helping giving others fantastic advice about using this treatment method.

TP now you are back here how about getting that RLT questionnaire project up and running again?

Thanks

Peter

Comment

So, question about RLT...

Are that at the same wavelengths as laser or IPL? Like 590nm or something? Is RLT basically doing the same thing as a laser but in a much gentler and long-term way? Does anyone know the physics behind it? Thanks!
                Subtype-1: Cheek and ear flushing
                Currently: IPL

Comment

hey bentherebefore, you might want to read the sticky threads. You may find your questions addressed, as much as can be,

Peter, I'm here on a casual basis. If anyone wants to pick up that questionnaire it's all there for the having.

Cheers.
                  TP

Happiness is a choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric
                    hmm, sorry for not joining the festivities but i can't say i agree with the connection made between less talk of flushing and that being attributed to red light.
                    Now before anyone mentions that i am biased since RLT has not worked for me, i would like to say that i really want to join the festivities and plan on trying my red light again soon.
                    However, in the meantime, i would like to see the poll thread made into a sticky (for some reason that was the only one not made into a sticky) so that we can get a clear idea as to how many people it has helped and how many people it has not helped.
                    So far, my personal impression is that the success rate is no better than many other products. I hope i am wrong, and i would be happy to be proven wrong by having either the old poll made into a sticky or perhaps a new one stating simply: did it help you or not.
                    thanks,
                    eric
                    GREAT idea. I'm still pretty sure its the RLT - I only say this from experience of participating on Rosacea forums for a few years now.

Comment

To answer benthere befores post.
                      RLT is an accepted therapy to promote healing specially for tissue damage etc, and has been used in many areas before rosacea.
                      No it does not work like laser or IPL, it does not eliminate the troublesome vessels, in fact it works like the beneficial red light in sunlight without the bad effects of the other wavelengths like UVA nad UVB.

Comment

Working...
                      X