Wanting to start red light therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting to start red light therapy

I?ve been thinking of trying red light therapy at a derm/laser office. What is the difference between going in to get it done, and using an at home device? If I were to go into the office to get it done, I?m assuming the wave length is stronger, how often would be required?. The place that has it told me it costs $100 per treatment so it better be effective for that price lol.

"This work based on previously published literature demonstrates that the quality of evidence to support any recommendation on LLBT in rosacea is low-to-moderate. Among all the available devices, PDL holds the most robust evidence, although in the meta-analysis the effectiveness was comparable to other LLBT, such as neodymium: yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser (Nd-YAG) or IPL."

Int J Dermatol. 2021 Jun 5. doi: 10.1111/ijd.15680. Online ahead of print.
    Light-based therapies in the management of rosacea: a systematic review with meta-analysis

"Just like the owner of an expensive race car that costs many thousands of dollars, it is the driver who really makes the difference in whether the race car is successful, it doesn't matter how expensive a PDT or broadband therapy device costs, it is the dermatologist or the operator of the device that really matters the most, not the cost of the equipment. You may have some argue that a Lotus 1 racing car is better but a less expensive race car has outrun the Lotus because the driver is what really counts, not the cost of the vehicle. Same goes with all these expensive photo dynamic therapy devices, no matter what anyone says to you about the 'superiority' of the PDL equipment."

Should I Consider Broadband Therapy for Rosacea?
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 7 June 2021, 12:13 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
      "This work based on previously published literature demonstrates that the quality of evidence to support any recommendation on LLBT in rosacea is low-to-moderate. Among all the available devices, PDL holds the most robust evidence, although in the meta-analysis the effectiveness was comparable to other LLBT, such as neodymium: yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser (Nd-YAG) or IPL."

Int J Dermatol. 2021 Jun 5. doi: 10.1111/ijd.15680. Online ahead of print.
      Light-based therapies in the management of rosacea: a systematic review with meta-analysis

"Just like the owner of an expensive race car that costs many thousands of dollars, it is the driver who really makes the difference in whether the race car is successful, it doesn't matter how expensive a PDT or broadband therapy device costs, it is the dermatologist or the operator of the device that really matters the most, not the cost of the equipment. You may have some argue that a Lotus 1 racing car is better but a less expensive race car has outrun the Lotus because the driver is what really counts, not the cost of the vehicle. Same goes with all these expensive photo dynamic therapy devices, no matter what anyone says to you about the 'superiority' of the PDL equipment."

Should I Consider Broadband Therapy for Rosacea?
      Have you used LED light therapy? It seems like people on this forum prefer the at home devices. I?ve read good things about red, blue, and yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by clearskin93 View Post
        Have you used LED light therapy? It seems like people on this forum prefer the at home devices. I?ve read good things about red, blue, and yellow.
        No, I have never used LED therapy. You are quite right, there is much discussion of using red light therapy here at RF, i.e., IowaDavid. There are many others, burnforyou, findingaway's survey, and the list goes on. At the bottom of the thread you have started here are 'Similar Threads' >

Best red light therapy

By luckz in forum Low level light based therapies

Red Light Therapy giving me red face

By bubbrubb in forum Low level light based therapies

Low Level Red Light Therapy (Acnelamp Red) Update

By IowaDavid in forum Low level light based therapies

Low level light therapy vs red light therapy for edema/swelling

By philmitchel in forum Low level light based therapies

**POLL** Low Level Light Therapy / Red Light Therapy

By Twickle Purple in forum Low level light based therapie

Last edited by Brady Barrows; 8 June 2021, 02:01 PM.
        Brady Barrows
        Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Working...
        X