Hello all. Registered years ago need help again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all. Registered years ago need help again

I had my rosacea under control for many years. Since my last visit here.

There was no singular "cure" but basically a regime of a healthier diet, whilst avoiding triggers and the use of a DIY red laser led array. (Which more recently became IPL had the effect of almost completely eliminating my symptoms.

Note. Even before IPL the only remaining symptoms I had was a red nose that alternated between pinkish to red and enraged .

Now because of covid it's been impossible for me to take my regular appointments (twice yearly)
    So after a year to 18 months my symptoms (nose only) returned exactly as before.
    For a while there I thought even missing the appointments I would be fine.

This is even more distressing now than it was when I first came here. Because now I'm a father and have commitments to regularly go outdoors with my baby. So cannot avoid some of my triggers such as the weather..
    My self esteem issues clash with my responsibilities.

For my questions.
    Presuming I am still going to be unable to make another IPL appointment.

1. What red LED Array works best for me.
    I don't need a full face one . As the problem is almost 100% the nose. So I'm hoping to save money on a smaller focused device.
    But I want a reputable device too..

2. Since my last visit has there been any progress on a reliable way to control rosacea. (Bearing in mind topical creams are a severe trigger for me. My skin absolutely does not tolerate rubbing)

3. Are there specific things I need to do to control rosacea which effects the nose so specifically. ( Please see below for detailed symptoms)

I am even partially convinced that the nose problem might even not be rosacea (despite a private skin biopsy which confirmed it was)
    The biopsy was not from my nose by the way..
    Aswell as my nose going red. My sinuses have some irritation (runny nose)
    Additionally I have noticed that the skin there seems septic aswell as inflamed.
    Meaning for example if I have a spot there. It weeps unusually excessively.
    It's accurate to say that the whole front (mostly) and to a lesser extent the sides of the nose is pretty septic. Both clear and yellow puss can be quite abundant.
    I don't hear anyone else describe this.
    I mostly hear of reddened inflamed skin and spots (pustules)
    I appreciate this might simply be because nobody else went into such a detailed description. So I don't know..

Anyway I hope everyone's doing ok.
    It will be interesting to hear from you all again. Even under the obviously stressful circumstances this covid situation is creating.

Welcome back. You are now one of the 108 active members here at RF again out of 38K inactive ones. Where have all the rosaceans gone?

There has been some activity with regard to nose issues, i.e., BraceYourself started this one that continues to attract attention (290,361 views).

Have you heard about the latest prescription treatment for rosacea (Zilxi) offered by dermatologists which is quite pricey.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
      Welcome back. You are now one of the 108 active members here at RF again out of 38K inactive ones. Where have all the rosaceans gone?

There has been some activity with regard to nose issues, i.e., BraceYourself started this one that continues to attract attention (290,361 views).

Have you heard about the latest prescription treatment for rosacea (Zilxi) offered by dermatologists which is quite pricey.
      No I hadn't heard of that treatment.
      So where are they? Maybe there was a new miracle cure I was thinking.

Comment

Working...
      X