Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Red Light Therapy Devices - Australia

Hello,

I am new to the forum and really want to try Red Light Therapy.

I am in a rural location which has very limited options for places to go to receive this treatment. I have to drive for hours to get anywhere decent which is an additional cost making it un-affordable to do weekly. I was booked in somewhere for this Monday but have recently discovered that its not LED Red Light Therapy that I was led to believe it was, but in fact Pulse Light Therapy which I have read online are different in strength. I had to cancel appointment as I felt the girls were lovely but not really sure and I was unable to speak to the person in charge.

So my question is, is there anyone else that is from Australia, that has managed to track down and purchase their own at home Device. If so and you liked the results, where did you get it from?

Buying Internationally is too difficult since the power socket plug is different and then the import and custom fees on top make it too expensive for me at this stage. Then they make you pay for return shipping if wanting to return, so not an option for me sadly.

Thank you and Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hey Roxy, I'm in Australia but travel to and from.
    I have pure red from smarterlights but it's pretty expensive when add in the shipping and all. It is the bulb only so you can plug it into any lamp. But I just ordered and received a led mask with blue / red / green from aliexpress..think it cost me like 80 bucks which is cheap compaired to smarter lights which is 350+
    Now smarterlights is more top brand but I'm trying out this mask because it's easy to use and cheaper. Everything is made in China anyway!. Don't pay to to get led because is so expensive and you can just use your at home device. I have ok results using smarterlights pure red so I'm hoping the mask will be just as good and it has x3 different colours. Only bumber is that it doesn't have Amber light.
    It comes with plugs for AU and everything so not having to worry about anything when it comes to Australia just plug in and use. It ask for what plug you want EU, US , AU.

Comment

Originally posted by RaymondS View Post
      Hey Roxy, I'm in Australia but travel to and from.
      I have pure red from smarterlights but it's pretty expensive when add in the shipping and all. It is the bulb only so you can plug it into any lamp. But I just ordered and received a led mask with blue / red / green from aliexpress..think it cost me like 80 bucks which is cheap compaired to smarter lights which is 350+
      Now smarterlights is more top brand but I'm trying out this mask because it's easy to use and cheaper. Everything is made in China anyway!. Don't pay to to get led because is so expensive and you can just use your at home device. I have ok results using smarterlights pure red so I'm hoping the mask will be just as good and it has x3 different colours. Only bumber is that it doesn't have Amber light.
      It comes with plugs for AU and everything so not having to worry about anything when it comes to Australia just plug in and use. It ask for what plug you want EU, US , AU.
      Thank you so much for your reply Raymond. Your information is very helpful.
      Yes the Smarter Lights one is the one I would love to get. But since I don't know if red light therapy is going to be helpful for me, I cant afford that much, too much of a gamble. Happy to pay that down the track for that brand If i have great results. When you got your smarter lights, did you get charged for import and duty taxes on top of the $350?

I will check out aliexpress website and see what they have, great place to start next since had no luck anywhere else. Thanks again!

Well good luck with your new device, let me know how you go, it will be interesting to see if different devices do actually give different results. I hope it does as you are right cheaper to replace when the globe dies.

Comment

Originally posted by Roxy1xox View Post
        Thank you so much for your reply Raymond. Your information is very helpful.
        Yes the Smarter Lights one is the one I would love to get. But since I don't know if red light therapy is going to be helpful for me, I cant afford that much, too much of a gamble. Happy to pay that down the track for that brand If i have great results. When you got your smarter lights, did you get charged for import and duty taxes on top of the $350?

I will check out aliexpress website and see what they have, great place to start next since had no luck anywhere else. Thanks again!

Well good luck with your new device, let me know how you go, it will be interesting to see if different devices do actually give different results. I hope it does as you are right cheaper to replace when the globe dies.
        Hey Roxy, it's 430 aud with shipping. (No other taxes or import) So it's bloody expensive! And that's for the bulb only. Use use it with a lamp or another fixture. Yes it is quality and they make it last for many years however I think they are way over expensive. You can try buy the mask as its a lot cheaper and see if you get any results then upgrade to the smarterlights. I know different devices give different results but everyone is different, what works for another may not for me ay. But try cheaper one and get express shipping for 10 bucks it will be sent to you in 9-12 days. Plus I think some of the smarterlights are out of stock at the moment anyway.

Comment

Hey there! I remember reading one of your posts where you described your situation and just want to say I really feel for you. I too struggle with burning etc and am probably on a bigger dose of clonidine meant for my frame. Anyway, just want to copy / paste this from smarterlights website (you might have already read this .. but just in case). best wishes.

"They each come with a three month, risk-free trial period, so you can take your time and make sure the light will, not just be effective, but also fit perfectly into your life or your practice, as it should."

EDIT: Never mind just re-read the thread. sorry about that! But I still feel for you and wishing you the best!
          laser_cat
          Last edited by laser_cat; 5 November 2017, 05:19 AM.

Comment

I have old ones that fully work and others have had benefits from them on this forums, but I didn't from that device, I still have them!! I got a LED man RED and prolite RED . They are sitting in a box! Pick one of them , pay for postage and I'll send it too you so u don't even have to buy it. And it clears up space and I feel good handing it over. Message me

Comment

Originally posted by laser_cat View Post
              Hey there! I remember reading one of your posts where you described your situation and just want to say I really feel for you. I too struggle with burning etc and am probably on a bigger dose of clonidine meant for my frame. Anyway, just want to copy / paste this from smarterlights website (you might have already read this .. but just in case). best wishes.

"They each come with a three month, risk-free trial period, so you can take your time and make sure the light will, not just be effective, but also fit perfectly into your life or your practice, as it should."

EDIT: Never mind just re-read the thread. sorry about that! But I still feel for you and wishing you the best!
              Thanks laser_cat.
              That's interesting because I am on quite a high dose of Clonidine as well as the lower doses did nothing. We have something in common.

However I am now thinking of slowly going off them even though I don't really want to.
              My recent blood tests show beginning stages of kidney disease and raised Glucose levels so being tested for diabetes.
              Since I know these were not a problem before taking this medication I know these are definitely side effects caused by Clonidine.
              Very disappointing as stopping them will make the burning even worse and they were the only med's that helped me a little.
              But I guess its not worth ending up diabetic or on dialysis in the future when I am still struggling with the burning pain.

Since we are burning buddies, I feel for you too as unless people feel it themselves they can't imagine how it turns your life upside down and most days there is no escaping it, constant pain. I recently had to tell my parents that it feels like my face is on fire without being on fire and my right ear has become a bigger problem and if cutting it off would stop the burning I would have it cut off. I am at the stage where I don't care what I look like, I just want the burning to stop.

I have just ordered some more natural items on Iherb so If I have any luck with anything that helps the burning, I will certainly let you know.

Thanks so much for the smarter lights info, I did not read the 3 month trial period which is fantastic to know.

All the best to you too!!

Comment

Originally posted by RaymondS View Post
                I have old ones that fully work and others have had benefits from them on this forums, but I didn't from that device, I still have them!! I got a LED man RED and prolite RED . They are sitting in a box! Pick one of them , pay for postage and I'll send it too you so u don't even have to buy it. And it clears up space and I feel good handing it over. Message me
                Thanks Raymond, that is so generous of you. I replied to your other post regarding this and have sent you a message

Comment

Originally posted by Roxy1xox View Post
                  Thanks laser_cat.
                  That's interesting because I am on quite a high dose of Clonidine as well as the lower doses did nothing. We have something in common.

However I am now thinking of slowly going off them even though I don't really want to.
                  My recent blood tests show beginning stages of kidney disease and raised Glucose levels so being tested for diabetes.
                  Since I know these were not a problem before taking this medication I know these are definitely side effects caused by Clonidine.
                  Very disappointing as stopping them will make the burning even worse and they were the only med's that helped me a little.
                  But I guess its not worth ending up diabetic or on dialysis in the future when I am still struggling with the burning pain.

Since we are burning buddies, I feel for you too as unless people feel it themselves they can't imagine how it turns your life upside down and most days there is no escaping it, constant pain. I recently had to tell my parents that it feels like my face is on fire without being on fire and my right ear has become a bigger problem and if cutting it off would stop the burning I would have it cut off. I am at the stage where I don't care what I look like, I just want the burning to stop.

I have just ordered some more natural items on Iherb so If I have any luck with anything that helps the burning, I will certainly let you know.

Thanks so much for the smarter lights info, I did not read the 3 month trial period which is fantastic to know.

All the best to you too!!
                  Hi Roxy,
                  Did you end up trying the RLT?
                  If you did, which unit did you try, and what did you think of it?
                  I'm from Melbourne and considering buying an at home device after having some positive results from a few sessions at my dermatologists.
                  Cheers,
                  Mindfully Optimistic

Comment

Which LED red light therapy devices are most effective?

Comment

Working...
                    X