Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SURVEY | Effectiveness of light therapy for rosacea and/or seborrheic dermatitis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I meant..4 minutes of red and 3 of IR tomorrow. Then again on..Saturday, so a 48 hour difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Rand627 View Post
      I meant..4 minutes of red and 3 of IR tomorrow. Then again on..Saturday, so a 48 hour difference.
      Cool. It prob fine to mix the wavelenghths - the Britebox does it - but I wouldn't myself.

Good luck

Comment

Rand,

Glad you read my other post re 633 nm, which I switched to last night.

Also found this which might be of interest. I've started using green tea last night, although how you expose it to extreme oxidative stress I'm not sure? Leave it out? Think it will be as beneficial in the fridge?

Green Tea and Red Light-A Powerful Duo in Skin Rejuvenation.

Sommer AP, Zhu D

Institute of Micro and Nanomaterials, University of Ulm , Ulm, Germany .

Abstract Objective: Juvenile skin has been the subject of intense research efforts since ancient times. This article reports on synergistic complementarities in the biological actions of green tea and red light, which inspired the design of a green tea-assisted facial rejuvenation program. Background Data: The approach is based on previous laboratory experiments providing insight into a mechanism by which visible light interacts with cells and their microenvironment.

Methods: After 2 months of extreme oxidative stress, green tea-filled cotton pads were placed once per day for 20 minutes onto the skin before treatment with an array of light-emitting diodes (central wavelength 670 nm, dermal dose 4 J/cm(2)).

Results: Rejuvenated skin, reduced wrinkle levels, and juvenile complexion, previously realized in 10 months of light treatment alone, were realized in 1 month. Conclusion: The accelerated skin rejuvenation based on the interplay of the physicochemical and biological effects of light with the reactive oxygen species scavenging capacity of green tea extends the action spectrum of phototherapy. The duo opens the gate to a multitude of possible biomedical light applications and cosmetic formulas, including reversal of topical deterioration related to excess reactive oxygen species, such as graying of hair.

Comment

My goodness, there are SO many different kinds of therapies. I think you're driving yourself a bit crazy by looking at so many different sources. You're definitely making me crazy. Doin my next RLT today. Not entirely sure what I'll end up doing. HM.

Comment

My goodness, there are SO many different kinds of therapies. I think you're driving yourself a bit crazy by looking at so many different sources. You're definitely making me crazy. Doin my next RLT today. Not entirely sure what I'll end up doing. HM.
            Lol. Your probably right, but watching your face get worse every day is a strong motivator! I think I have got the info I need now to help me for the time being

Comment

I know what you mean. I took around 80 pictures yesterday in different types of light to see if I could make the redness better and oh my goodness. I am red. I wasn't even flushed. It's ridiculously embarassing. I had to spend a good hour photoshopping it to make it look decent.

I wonder if pictures make your skin look worse or better? It's interesting looking in different mirrors. If you have florescents above one your skin looks horrible. If you have incandescents then it looks better. Plus, there's the color of the room you're in to take into consideration as well.

Comment

I know what you mean. I took around 80 pictures yesterday in different types of light to see if I could make the redness better and oh my goodness. I am red. I wasn't even flushed. It's ridiculously embarassing. I had to spend a good hour photoshopping it to make it look decent.

I wonder if pictures make your skin look worse or better? It's interesting looking in different mirrors. If you have florescents above one your skin looks horrible. If you have incandescents then it looks better. Plus, there's the color of the room you're in to take into consideration as well.
                Ah, I'm sure they came out ok. Your always gonna be more critical then others!

I know exactly what you mean though. There is one toilet at work where I look awful, and another that I look pretty good in. Some days I'll be eager to look in the mirror to see if things are better, or see if I'm flushed and other days where I cannot bear to look.

It's shameful to admit, but ive gone from very confident with women to almost avoiding them for fear of getting close and having to tell them about this and where it could lead...

However, my boss at work had awful skin and kit doesn't seem to bother him. He is married and happy I think. Plus, I dont look at him and think ant different, certainly dont judge him. So maybe others are the same with us? I'd like to think most are, bit I often hear my female friends saying 'he was nice, but did you notice his skin...girls notice these things' :/

Comment

Guess our amazing personalities will have to make up for it! Hah, ha. My goodness I hope I start to get better. Gah.

Comment

Guess our amazing personalities will have to make up for it! Hah, ha. My goodness I hope I start to get better. Gah.
                    You will. We both will. In fact I believe most people with enough determination will.

And after a few years, you'll have forgotten what all the fuss was about!

Comment

• Honestly, that's what I'm hoping for. It would be so amazing for me if I didn't think about my skin on an hourly basis. Would be such a relief.

Did 7 minutes today, 7 with red then turned on IR for the last 5 minutes. Can definitely tell that I did it, skin is particularly red where I used it. Hopefully it will have healed by tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rand627 View Post
                        Honestly, that's what I'm hoping for. It would be so amazing for me if I didn't think about my skin on an hourly basis. Would be such a relief.

Did 7 minutes today, 7 with red then turned on IR for the last 5 minutes. Can definitely tell that I did it, skin is particularly red where I used it. Hopefully it will have healed by tomorrow.
                        Yeah, you will for sure

Comment

• Hm, took a close look at my skin today. I have quite a number of broken blood vessels on my nose. They are really small and are only on the nose, nowhere else on my face.

Any idea what this means?

Comment

Hm, took a close look at my skin today. I have quite a number of broken blood vessels on my nose. They are really small and are only on the nose, nowhere else on my face.

Any idea what this means?
                            Hmm. I can't see that the RLT has had an effect yet otherwise id say that as RLT clears up the inflammation, the broken blood vessels become more apparent.

Maybe just that your looking closely. My nose is a mess of large pores!

Comment

• Hm, looked again and couldnt see them. Was probably a combination of looking closer and a good light for it. Scared me there for a bit!

Comment

Hm, looked again and couldnt see them. Was probably a combination of looking closer and a good light for it. Scared me there for a bit!
                                I know exactly the scare your talking about!

Well apart from a P&P that has sprung up, my face seems to look a lot calmer after adjusting my dose and adding the green tea before treatment.

Comment

Working...
                                X