X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phlika29
    replied
    Steve

Sorry to hear that. Perhaps with more time it will settle.

Sarah

Leave a comment:

• Steve95301
    replied
    Unfortunately the test spot didn't work out well, so I won't be getting a treatment here.

The test spot is still red. I do not want my face to look like the test spot, because it doesn't look good.

I am trying to find out if Dr. Bitter's office has any of the "old" machines to treat me with (the new machines do nothing for me).

Leave a comment:

• phlika29
    replied
    November isn't that long. Mind you I remember the agony of having to wait for my first appointment for treatment with Dr Crouch :?

Leave a comment:

• Steve95301
    replied
    Good comments all, but unfortunately she called me today and wants to move my appointment back to comply strictly with the 6 month time period.

That kinda sucks.

My test spot doesn't look bad, but it doesn't look good either. It just looks normal.

Now I have to wait until November for a treatment :x

Leave a comment:

• orangehorizon
    replied
    Accutane might create keloid scars with more invasive lasers like CO2 but with the usual rosacea treatments that is highly unlikely since the skin is not supposed to be compromised. Even the claim it creates keloids is more of an opinion based on isolated cases with unclear derivation.

From my personal experience, retin A makes skin more sensitive indeed. When I had Vbeam, the side of face where I tried retin A months ago bruised, while the other side didn't. Accutane and retinA are not the same thing (the skin concentrations of oral accutane are probably much much lower than the ones caused by topical retinA).

Leave a comment:

• sweden
    replied
    I know it sounds really strange but thats what he said anyways..someone on this forum posted about having done ipl while on accutane, does someone remember who it was? He said he hadnt got any good results from the treatments though, not bad either though.

Leave a comment:

• sweden
    replied
    the doctor ive been in contact with says he has treated loads of people who were on low dose accutane! He is a dermatologist who has had a laser clinic since 1994 together with another dermatologist. The doctor I usually see (she is mentioned as a source in Dr. NaseĀ“s book and has rosacea as her specialty when it comes to skindisorders) mentioned his name when I started talking about that I wanted to do IPL or laser treatments for my rosacea. When I called to speak with him I mentioned that Im on low dose accutane so I would have to stop that before I made an appointment, but thats when he said that he had treated many people who were on this medicine. He claimed that it wasnt a problem!

Leave a comment:

• Steve95301
    replied
    I had a consultation today.

I almost had the full treatment today, as a matter of fact. I said I'd be ready to have it done today and to my surprise she agreed; but then I mentioned that I'd been on isotretinoin until ~May. She decided to only do a test spot since I'd been off less than 6 months.

I think she's probably good with the machine, but it was difficult to get technical information from her.

Barring problems with my test spot, I'll have a full treatment on October 2nd.

Leave a comment:

• Steve95301
    replied
    I've developed some further information.

Apparently they use a Cutera Xeo machine for spider veins and redness.

She said they also have an IPL machine, but they use it for sun damage (I'm not clear on what the difference between perm. redness and sun damage is.)

However, their IPL stands for "Intelligent Pulsed Light". I'm pretty sure this is a knockoff of Dr. Bitter's "Intense Pulsed Light", a phrase which he has trademarked. I had to ask specifically about this; since everyone refers to it as "IPL", most people would have assumed it was "Intense Pulsed Light". I've no idea what the difference is, if any.

Anyway, I'm going in Monday for a consultation and test patch. She told me the consultation is about an hour long and that she will answer all my questions.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to do this, so I'll document it with photos. My complexion's been unusually bad the past week or so; I think the stress of school is manifesting itself.

I'm going to get this treatment, and then start isotretinoin immediately afterward.

Leave a comment:

• orangehorizon
    replied
    iVan tried 5 sessions with Genesis protocol, you may want to look at his posts:

http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/viewto...er=asc&start=0

Leave a comment:

• Steve95301
    replied
    Originally posted by orangehorizon
    Laser Genesis is a protocol with Yag laser trying to stimulate collagen for 'non ablative skin rejuvenation'.

To my knowledge there aren't studies of this protocol on veins flushing and permanent redness. I've undergone one treatment, and some other people here had several sessions with not impressive results.

My advice: save your money.
    Cool, thanks for the heads-up. That's the kind of feedback I was looking for.

Unfortunately Dr. Lee, who I was also considering, charges $750 per treatment, which I can't afford.

I might spend the $250 just to see what happens. It's killing me thinking that I might have a treatment option just around the corner. I almost have to do it.

Leave a comment:

• orangehorizon
    replied
    Laser Genesis is a protocol with Yag laser trying to stimulate collagen for 'non ablative skin rejuvenation'.

To my knowledge there aren't studies of this protocol on veins flushing and permanent redness. I've undergone one treatment, and some other people here had several sessions with not impressive results.

My advice: save your money.

Leave a comment:

• Strive
    replied
    Is the Genesis the 1064 Yag? If so, then I think it's supposed to address flushing, and spider veins more than permanent redness.

But $250 for an hour's treatment seems very reasonable in comparison with $600.

Leave a comment:

• Steve95301
    replied
    Permanent redness. I need a maintenance treatment. They're supposed to be done annually.

If I'd continued on M2 I wouldn't need this, but I'm pale and pink again.

Granted, my rosacea is not that bad (anymore).

Part of my need to do this comes from my perfectionism. The other part comes from the progressive nature of the disease. If I wait until things are horrible again before acting, I'm an idiot and I deserve what I get.

Although I'd be proactive in any case, I have some worsening symptoms which keep me on my toes, and remind me that my enemy is down but not out.

For example, I never had seb derm problems until last fall. Last fall I had it so bad on my chin that I couldn't grow a goatee. It disappeared during the summer, but it's back now and I'm getting it in a larger area, up to the side of my lips and along my nose.

I also get occasional hives along one side of my neck. I always get concurrent redness and blotchiness on my face when this happens. This started last summer.

So, I'm very aware of the disease, and I know I have to stay one step ahead.

Originally posted by DJC
    Since your Rosacea is under control, what are you getting genesis treatment for exactly?

Permanent redness?
    Flushing?

Leave a comment:

• DJC
    replied
    Since your Rosacea is under control, what are you getting genesis treatment for exactly?

Permanent redness?
    Flushing?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X