X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Tricia, it was just a joke... But it is still fairly frightening to read about bruises and crusting. That automatically made me think of my dreaded pulsed dye treatment I received about 5 years ago. I know this technology is nothing like that, but still. you know..Thanks for clearing that up about your treatment. I would just be very concerned about something like that happening to my skin, that's all.

Comment

Thank you Dr Darm for the answers - they were great.

Could I ask why they call the machine The Aesthera Laser? I think that what you were clearly saying in your first paragraph was that it is really an Intense Pulsed Light device. Does any part of the Asethera Laser put our laser light ?

Andrew

Comment

Hi Andrew

I have just e-mailed Dr Darm, asking for a response to your questions. Dr Darm does not post in the Rosacea Forum. Once I receive a reply, I will post it.

Jen
        Currently trying: Apr 06 Bee Wilder's Candida (natural healing) Diet; May 06 Home made red LED array; Aug 06 ZZ ointment.

Comment

Originally posted by redhotoz
          Hi Andrew

I have just e-mailed Dr Darm, asking for a response to your questions. Dr Darm does not post in the Rosacea Forum. Once I receive a reply, I will post it.

Jen
          I was wondering if you could send him another question for me.

Question: I just got off of Accutane 2 months ago. How long should I wait to safely do an IPL treatment? Can I do a treatment after 2 months or a little longer?

I would be VERY happy if I could get that question answered! If you send it, then thanks A LOT!

Comment

Hi Charchar

I have e-mailed Dr Darm with your question. Will post the answer once received.

Jen
            Currently trying: Apr 06 Bee Wilder's Candida (natural healing) Diet; May 06 Home made red LED array; Aug 06 ZZ ointment.

Comment

Hi Charchar

Have received a speedy reply to your question from Dr Darm...

"--Some experts recommend waiting as long as 6 months to discontinue accutane before attempting any laser treatments--I have occaissionally treated after 2-3 months depending on the circumstances-- The skin is much more vulnerable to scarring if a burn occurred during laser treatment while taking accutane--Even a sunburn can cause scarring if you are taking accutane--"

-----

Andrew

I asked Dr Darm for some other info in the e-mail I sent to him with your questions. As soon as I receive a reply, I will post it.

Jen

Comment

Originally posted by redhotoz
                Hi Charchar

Have received a speedy reply to your question from Dr Darm...

"--Some experts recommend waiting as long as 6 months to discontinue accutane before attempting any laser treatments--I have occaissionally treated after 2-3 months depending on the circumstances-- The skin is much more vulnerable to scarring if a burn occurred during laser treatment while taking accutane--Even a sunburn can cause scarring if you are taking accutane--"

-----

Andrew

I asked Dr Darm for some other info in the e-mail I sent to him with your questions. As soon as I receive a reply, I will post it.

Jen
                Thanks a lot! That's awesome to know why it was a 6 month wait.

I think I can wait 6 months because I sure don't want to scar from a burn. It's just that I'v been using a combo of Eucerin Redness relief and Nicomide-T. It's only been 3 weeks but the redness seems to be the same/worse.

I just would like to treat this as fast as possible so that it doesn't exacerbate as time goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by Charchar
                  It's just that I'v been using a combo of Eucerin Redness relief and Nicomide-T. It's only been 3 weeks but the redness seems to be the same/worse
                  Hi Charchar

I'm not sure there are any creams out there that will reduce redness. I would love to be corrected if there are. I've had permanent redness on my face for quite some years now. The thing that I believe is helping the most to calm my face, that is, a subtle reduction in redness is red light therapy. I'm too scared to try IPL or Laser but I'm sure they would help too. I'm just not prepared to take the risk of things turning pear shaped, so to speak. Maybe one day, I don't know.

Anyway, it does sound like a wise move to wait at least 6 months after taking Accutane, before IPL treatment. IPL is a fair investment and not one that you want to turn out negatively.

Best of luck and do let us know how things go.

Jen

Comment

Hi Andrew

Here's Dr Darm's reply to your questions:

"--Actually the official term that is used by the company is the Aesthera PPx which stands for photopneumatic therapy--I may have referred to it as a laser which is of course incorrect--It is in fact an IPL with a slightly broader bandwidth of 400 to 1200nm and of course the suction component--"

Jen

Comment

Working...
                    X