Seeking advice on Sun damage after Vbeam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking advice on Sun damage after Vbeam

I had my first vbeam treatment on march 16th and overall it went really well. I only had bruising in one spot and that went away about five days later. On March 27th I went to see my nephew play softball, and I doubled up on sunscreen ( cotz moisturizer spf 35 and neutragena dry touch spray spf 30 and I even took a fernblock Heliocare pill) I made sure I was only outside for an hour. Everything was fine until as I was leaving I could feel my face start to sting and I got the heck outta there. When I got home my face was super tight and burning so I knew I was in trouble. I wouldn?t have gone out at all but my derm said I wouldn?t be more sensitive to the sun so just keep wearing sunblock like I?ve been doing. It?s 4 weeks now and I have red purple marks and my skin is stinging more now that it ever has. I have a derm apt in two weeks, and I was supposed to get another treatment. Does this feeling ever go away have I ruined myself for life. Should I even get another vbeam done? I know enough with the questions already I?ve just been freaking out over this. I just need some kind of answer either way. I balled in the shower thinking I?m going to be stuck like this forever now. Moral of the story if they say stay out of the sun for a week it?s really months.

Originally posted by Tidal View Post
    I had my first vbeam treatment on march 16th and overall it went really well. I only had bruising in one spot and that went away about five days later. On March 27th I went to see my nephew play softball, and I doubled up on sunscreen ( cotz moisturizer spf 35 and neutragena dry touch spray spf 30 and I even took a fernblock Heliocare pill) I made sure I was only outside for an hour. Everything was fine until as I was leaving I could feel my face start to sting and I got the heck outta there. When I got home my face was super tight and burning so I knew I was in trouble. I wouldn?t have gone out at all but my derm said I wouldn?t be more sensitive to the sun so just keep wearing sunblock like I?ve been doing. It?s 4 weeks now and I have red purple marks and my skin is stinging more now that it ever has. I have a derm apt in two weeks, and I was supposed to get another treatment. Does this feeling ever go away have I ruined myself for life. Should I even get another vbeam done? I know enough with the questions already I?ve just been freaking out over this. I just need some kind of answer either way. I balled in the shower thinking I?m going to be stuck like this forever now. Moral of the story if they say stay out of the sun for a week it?s really months.
    How did you get on at the dermatologist? IPL have me rosacea

Comment

stay away from lasers as possible. This is some kind of scam, there are very big problems after that. Here's an example of a review. Many people, instead of helping them, make it worse (I am also an example of this, I would like to turn back time and not use any lasers). Do not do that again.
      It doesn't matter if IPL or VBEAM is very risky and hasn't cured anyone yet. Yes, I know there are some weird studies that help, but it's just marketing to sell these machines and get people willing to get treatments. I also read a lot of horror movies after lasers, it's a pity that it was too late and that at the beginning I also believed in this marketing, but it's a scam. You will sign a card that you are doing it at your own risk and you probably won't do anything with it if your skin will deteriorate even more - and it is very possible. Believe me because I know what I am writing.

IPL (Sciton BBL performed by a dr.) was a complete horror for me. I was told it was minimal risk, no downtime, lunchtime procedure FDA-approved to improve redness and telangectasia. False on all counts. My face exploded ? welts, dark red marks, blisters, acne/rosacea pustules, more broken caps, persistent redness and sensitivity, dents all over my face, worsened texture, more sebaceous hyperplasia that developed in heavily treated areas (doc did 2 passes), severe dehydration yet still oily, adverse pigmentation changes, oh, and tiny bits of a red liquid that looked like blood that seeped out of my skin in random treated spots for about a year and a half after, starting 9 days after the IPL. I consulted several derms, and the best they could come up w/ was: don?t ever do IPL again. In fact, don?t do electrocautery either. Total nightmare. I made an FDA report. The scariest thing was that nobody I consulted had any answers or any way to fix the damage. All they could do was tell me that hopefully time would help, and to avoid any future IPL txs. I think a major problem is that there is too much variation in settings, not enough safeguards, and inadequate ways to screen out patients who may not be good candidates.

Comment

Working...
      X