Vbeam questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vbeam questions

Im about 2 weeks post-treatment from a non purpuric vbeam and still seem to have turned redder that pre treatment. No bruising, skin feels a little blotchy and dry from my healing process. I understand it can take up to 4-8 weeks to see full results and to recover from a treatment.

Is it okay to use metro gel after a vbeam treatment? Anyone experience any topical medications after a laser/ipl treatment while they are recovering?
    Last edited by luckz; 30 September 2020, 03:18 AM.

Originally posted by luckz View Post
    Im about 2 weeks post-treatment from a non purpuric vbeam and still seem to have turned redder that pre treatment. No bruising, skin feels a little blotchy and dry from my healing process. I understand it can take up to 4-8 weeks to see full results and to recover from a treatment.

Is it okay to use metro gel after a vbeam treatment? Anyone experience any topical medications after a laser/ipl treatment while they are recovering?
    I used to stay away from all creams, gels for at least a week. I found as well, my face didn't calm down for about 3 weeks after - it got worse the 2nd week, burning, blotches, but started getting better from then onwards. Also, while you are having treatment, try not to overly think too much. Wait until you have had all your treatments - about 2/3 months after, then reassess.

Spence

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerK View Post
      I used to stay away from all creams, gels for at least a week. I found as well, my face didn't calm down for about 3 weeks after - it got worse the 2nd week, burning, blotches, but started getting better from then onwards. Also, while you are having treatment, try not to overly think too much. Wait until you have had all your treatments - about 2/3 months after, then reassess.

Spence
      Thank you for the info. Im about 4 weeks after treatment. Still a bit blotchy, but seems like Im within the healing process. Will wait another 4-6 weeks to see full results.

Comment

I would stay away from active creams for a few months.

Apply vaseline to a clean moisturised face in the morning. Prevent TEWL and help PIE marks fade.

Obviously, use sunscreen if going out. Plan your day around it.
        I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."

Comment

Working...
        X