Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can VBEAM help the destruction caused to my face by IPL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can VBEAM help the destruction caused to my face by IPL?

I got IPL just over two weeks ago. My very mild rosacea and nice textured skin has been destroyed. Rosacea is significantly SIGNIFICANTLY worse and my under eyes and cheeks have an orange peel texture. Don't know about fat loss yet.

Could VBEAM help to fix the redness at least?

I saw your other thread you started about your IPL experience which I also posted in that thread. You may want to read the anecdotal experiences I have collected about laser. If you do try vBeam, post your experience. You can read about vBeam at this post.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 4 August 2020, 09:11 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Originally posted by Sineadrosy View Post
      I got IPL just over two weeks ago. My very mild rosacea and nice textured skin has been destroyed. Rosacea is significantly SIGNIFICANTLY worse and my under eyes and cheeks have an orange peel texture. Don't know about fat loss yet.

No Sineadrosy, on my experience, please don?t touch VBeam. It?ll make your skin worse. I hope you don?t mind me asking-where did you get the IPL done?

Comment

i wonder if the IPL has just set off a seb derm flare. This is what would happen to me and until it settles it looks like orange peel, red and very flushing. Dr Crouch used to use nlite with IPL for just this reason.

has it settled at all yet? Have you spoken to the treatment centre?

ps I have moved the thread to the laser section
        Last edited by phlika29; 12 August 2020, 08:29 AM. Reason: Move thread position

Comment

Originally posted by Momof View Post
          No Sineadrosy, on my experience, please don?t touch VBeam. It?ll make your skin worse. I hope you don?t mind me asking-where did you get the IPL done?

I had the IPL done in a cosmetic clinic in Ireland called River Medical. Ruined my life. What happened to you with VBEAM?

Comment

Originally posted by phlika29 View Post
            i wonder if the IPL has just set off a seb derm flare. This is what would happen to me and until it settles it looks like orange peel, red and very flushing. Dr Crouch used to use nlite with IPL for just this reason.

has it settled at all yet? Have you spoken to the treatment centre?

ps I have moved the thread to the laser section
            It has been a good while now since the IPL and rosacea has continued to progress. No sebderm. Just scadling red face. My eyes now sting and burn too, which I never had before.

Comment

i am also injured by the laser. Doctors do not say this because they have a leasing laser and want to do a lot of treatments because they cost a lot of money. But these lasers are destroying our skin. See here how many problems also vbeam

https://www.realself.com/forum/help-...ons-fraxel-ipl

Comment

To the original poster: It's been six weeks or so since you were treated. When I had IPL it took about 4 weeks for my face to settle, as I too had flushing and stinging.

I also had Vbeam (PDL) in November 2019, and still, now, I had PIE marks where the laser hit. Faded a lot, but stil lworse than what my face was right before treatment.

I'd recommend you begin using Niacinamide and Hyaluronic Acid from The Ordinary. Also get the Cerave moisturising cream (it has ceramides in it).

Furthur, consider getting an LED device that emits yellow light. I have one. Cost about ?80 on Amazon, and I lay under it every day for 20 minutes. It shines the yellow light at something like 583nm, which is not far off the 595nm wavelength used by Vbeam to target hemoglobin (redness).

The LED device I'm talking about is capable of producing seven colours, but I suggest you focus on the yellow, as this is though to improve erythema. I've been using my device for about a month daily. Am I getting better? Hard to say. I'm not geting worse though, and the yellow light does calm inflammed skin. I want it to have a permanent positive effect which is why I do it every day.

I also started up my Azelaic Acid a few months back, starting with a weak over the counter formulation (10%, The Ordinary) before moving up to presecription strength Skinoren (20%). You can watch videos on YouTube about AA and how it is a versatile, fairly well-tolerated ingredient with various benefits, including calming red skin and preventing acne breakouts, among others.
                I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."

Comment

From the perspective of someone that have over 20 IPLs with diffrent lenghts and powers and 6 VBeams I would say that laser is only the temporary solution. IPLs have been going off from face for a few days to max 2 weeks. However, Vbeam had time to go off for 3-5 weeks in which facial regeneration takes place. Terrible memories.

If somebody is struggling with external facial changes such as telangiectasias, I think lasers are a good and quick idea to get rid of the problem.

In my case, the condition of my skin quickly returned about 4-6 weeks to the state before the treatment. Eventually, after all these treatments, the condition of my skin improved by maybe up to 10%. It is a waste of time and, above all, not a small amount of money.

Comment

I had the IPL done in a cosmetic clinic in Ireland called River Medical. Ruined my life. What happened to you with VBEAM?
                    The very same thing happened to me as happened to you. VBeam turned my normal
                    skin with a few broken veins into full blown neurogenic rosacea with constant stinging, flushing and swelling. It has spread to my eyes.
                    These machines should be made illegal. They are so dangerous.

Molly.

Comment

for me, the laser destroyed the skin at the treatment site. I have pain, burning, frequent inflammation, everything is just much worse. I would like to go back to the period before this treatment, when the problem was smaller, it was probably one of the worst decisions to do it and the doctor suggested it to me, but the procedure was done by a young female worker and she probably chose too strong settings. I also think these machines should be illegal because they can destroy life ..

So many things in our bodies can regenerate and repair, but why is the skin such a big problem to get it fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by przemek View Post
                        for me, the laser destroyed the skin at the treatment site. I have pain, burning, frequent inflammation, everything is just much worse. I would like to go back to the period before this treatment, when the problem was smaller, it was probably one of the worst decisions to do it and the doctor suggested it to me, but the procedure was done by a young female worker and she probably chose too strong settings. I also think these machines should be illegal because they can destroy life ..

So many things in our bodies can regenerate and repair, but why is the skin such a big problem to get it fixed?
                        How long ago did you have Vbeam?
                        I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."

Comment

vbeam had a long time ago it was probably from 12-15 years ago so surely some old version of the laser. Only 1x treatment because it was far from my home and I didn't see anything positive after that, the skin healed for a long time
                          Last edited by przemek; 2 September 2020, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by przemek View Post
                            vbeam had a long time ago it was probably from 12-15 years ago so surely some old version of the laser. Only 1x treatment because it was far from my home and I didn't see anything positive after that, the skin healed for a long time
                            I had vbeam about 4-5 years ago and 6 treatments in all. They didn't do any improvements, and going through the whole process of regeneration is really hard especially if you are working day by day. It was also quite far away about 250km to go there so it didnt help either.
                            You are from PL Przemek?
                            Did you have treatments procedures here?

Comment

Originally posted by RedMage View Post
                              I had vbeam about 4-5 years ago and 6 treatments in all. They didn't do any improvements, and going through the whole process of regeneration is really hard especially if you are working day by day.
                              How much downtime did you experience? By this, I mean how long were the bruises visible for? I epxted to be healed within 3 months. It's been 9 months and I still have faint redness where the laser hit. I was treated by the Vbeam Perfecta as I imagine you were too. Apparently the Vbeam Prima has less downtime.

Comment

Working...
                              X