Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VBeam uneven treatment results - white circles

Hi all,

Appreciate there's multiple threads on vBeam; so apologies if type of threat this is already answered (I did try looking).

In short, I had several vBeam treatments for redness which covered a good patch of my upper chest (roughly 6 inches across, 2 inches down). The result is now various small contrasting white circles on my chest, in and around normal skin / redness, which looks OK in some light, bad in others, and absolutely awful when flustered after exercise.

The original treatment was back in 2014 in the UK (so you know I have given it plenty of time to recover). I was hoping vBeam was not permanent for my condition. Early last year I realised this was not the case as the condition remained. I revisited the same skin care clinic (as I finally could afford to travel to the clinic / pay for more treatment) and explained my issues (I had previously made them aware informally, with no real response). They gave me a free treatment to help correct it and I paid for a couple more (3 in total) to ensure we could patch it up. It is now worse, as the practitioner simply expanded the area so there are more white contrasting circles on my chest than before. The treatment kinda feels like trying to save that dented car in Father Ted (hope someone understands that reference).

The issue basically means I have not taken my top off in public for the last 6 years due to embarrassment. It's a real shame, but I'm not crazy about it, but now I have some money saved I really want to have a go at sorting this once and for all - I will go swimming everyday forever if I can fix this. I have even considered just getting tattoos over it, because the treatment I used has made me think it can only get worse now. I really wouldn't suit tattoos

Does anyone have any advice here. Part of me think that practitioner was just a bit incompetent, with vBeam at least. She was a very nice person though, I think the lighting in the clinic inhibited her ability to see the contrasts / she had littler experience over larger surface areas.

Thanks so much for any responses.

Sorry to hear about your experience with laser. Wish I could help but I have no experience with laser. Maybe someday we will have a page dedicated to treatment for laser issues. I have added your experience to the list. Wouldn't it be incredible if some volunteers at the RRDi would post their experience of what treatment they used to improve such disasters? Alas, volunteering isn't on the list for most people today. It is a sad state of affairs that rosaceans have continued to be less involved in volunteering and have joined private social media groups who center on their own issues and have no desire to unite into a cohesive united patient advocacy group and do something about the state of rosacea research. For example, the list of negative reports I have collected like your experience with vBeam would be an an excellent opportunity for all of these to collect together and do something about this, but how do you get these ones all together and unite in purpose about this? Isolation is not going to help anyone and the issue continues. If you have the hutzpah to do something, join the RRDi and create your own blog to let others know about what you are doing about this and it may encourage others to do the same.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 13 June 2020, 12:45 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Sounds like a regular vBeam treatment. The white circles mean it's been successful. You need to go back and make yourself flush right before the treatment and tell them to treat the bits that look the reddest.

Failing that, take up LED therapy using on the the machines available. They're about £80 and have different wavelength settings. The machine I just ordered as three panels and you can lie under it for however long you want. It takes a long time to see results assuming it works for your particular issue.

At least it's on your chest. I have it all over my face and I still haven't healed, and it's been 7 months since the last vBeam. I think I may have had a bad one.

I hope the yellow LEd helps calm things down and get me looking even-toned and pale, as I am a naturally fair-skinned person.
      I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."

Comment

Thanks Brady & Darren for your replies!

Darren - your story is interesting, and I really hope things settle down. I did not know about LED therapy, so glad you've mentioned it. One thing, which may be similar, I have tried is sun beds / generally tanning, to expose my skin to different wavelengths and hopefully restart the skin cells so they're not as pale. Can confirm, this generally has no effect and just exacerbates any remaining redness.

Do you think LED therapy is much different from this?

I think my cure is simply more V Beam treatment, but with a different practitioner (who is more experienced). I'm will to spend extra for this, of course. The flush point could be very useful.

Comment

Originally posted by ATPips View Post
          Thanks Brady & Darren for your replies!

Darren - your story is interesting, and I really hope things settle down. I did not know about LED therapy, so glad you've mentioned it. One thing, which may be similar, I have tried is sun beds / generally tanning, to expose my skin to different wavelengths and hopefully restart the skin cells so they're not as pale. Can confirm, this generally has no effect and just exacerbates any remaining redness.

Do you think LED therapy is much different from this?

I think my cure is simply more V Beam treatment, but with a different practitioner (who is more experienced). I'm will to spend extra for this, of course. The flush point could be very useful.
          Sun beds are not to be used. UV light is extremeley damaging. Try the LED machines but proceed with caution. The red wavelength may help your chest.
          I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."

Comment

Working...
          X