Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between V beam- perfecta, candela, prima etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between V beam- perfecta, candela, prima etc?

Looking through previous posts on the v beam I keep seeing different terms used like candela, perfecta and prima. It's all a bit confusing.

Is there anyone who be so kind to tell me what is the difference between these types, I don't need all the specifications. But would like to know difference in things like cost, what they target, strength, are they different machines or settings etc etc.

Originally posted by LawrenceK View Post
    Looking through previous posts on the v beam I keep seeing different terms used like candela, perfecta and prima. It's all a bit confusing.

Is there anyone who be so kind to tell me what is the difference between these types, I don't need all the specifications. But would like to know difference in things like cost, what they target, strength, are they different machines or settings etc etc.
    The nutshell version about PDL is that a physician (usually a dermatologist or cosmologist) invests a significant amount of money into machines and then obviously promotes their machines over all the others. The price per session varies among the different locations depending on where you live. If you live in Beverly Hills you know you don’t need to ask how much it costs and is of no concern. The sessions are repeated for months, if not years, and you have to keep going back since PDL does not cure rosacea, but if you can afford it, many rave about it, while there are some who say it is not worth it. The one that seems to be the Cadillac of machines is the excelV+ laser. Apparently laser is the ticket if you suffer from Phenotype 3.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

I've been getting vbeams for 6 years now. I had very severe Rosacea (home bound) and for a few years had treatments every 4 months. Improvement was gradual a little each time. Eventually my doctor got the vbeam perfecta which is an upgrade and improvement was much better. I improved to the point that Rosacea only limits my life if it's over 75 degrees and sun is on my face.I no longer carry a fan with me wherever I go or water to spray on my face. About a year ago the doctor got the prima which is another upgrade. I now get touch up treatments every 6 months and hope to extend that to a year. There are other lasers out there which the doctor uses for different conditions or cosmetic procedures. Some of them were used on me before I started with vbeam but they either did nothing or, in some cases, hurt me.Yes all of this cost me a lot of money but I was able to save up between treatments. I also claimed the treatments on my tax returns and got some of the money back that way.
      I recommend that you do a lot of research on the lasers, and most of all on the doctor you choose for treatment. You can have a great laser, but the person using it needs extensive experience. Good luck

Comment

Candela is the manufacturer of the Vbeam PDL laser. Simplifying a bit, Perfecta is Vbeam V2 and Prima is Vbeam V3. The Prima is able to delivery more energy. Not many practices have the Prima yet. These are both good lasers for targeting veins if you're working with a skilled dermatologist who is an expert in laser treatment.

Comment

Really need a place in Germany.
          Not many clinics popping up. Less again will communicate in English

Comment

Originally posted by arb161 View Post
            I've been getting vbeams for 6 years now. I had very severe Rosacea (home bound) and for a few years had treatments every 4 months. Improvement was gradual a little each time. Eventually my doctor got the vbeam perfecta which is an upgrade and improvement was much better. I improved to the point that Rosacea only limits my life if it's over 75 degrees and sun is on my face.I no longer carry a fan with me wherever I go or water to spray on my face. About a year ago the doctor got the prima which is another upgrade. I now get touch up treatments every 6 months and hope to extend that to a year. There are other lasers out there which the doctor uses for different conditions or cosmetic procedures. Some of them were used on me before I started with vbeam but they either did nothing or, in some cases, hurt me.Yes all of this cost me a lot of money but I was able to save up between treatments. I also claimed the treatments on my tax returns and got some of the money back that way.
            I recommend that you do a lot of research on the lasers, and most of all on the doctor you choose for treatment. You can have a great laser, but the person using it needs extensive experience. Good luck
            Hi arb161, so glad to see vbeam has helped you over the years. I must have had 15+ Vbeams (purpuric and sub-purpuric) and it has definitely been the only thing that has helped. I stopped a couple of years ago as I noticed that it would only result in short-term success and thought it may be causing more damage over time, loss of pigment etc. Last Summer I managed to have a pretty decent Summer, even though I hadn't had a Vbeam so made me realize that it can get better without lasers (not sure how it did though). Having said that, the last 6 months have been exceptionally tough and I once again think about Vbeam and whether it's worth doing again (once my laser clinic reopens.) I wanted to get your opinion on the Prima over the Perfecta. I haven't had the chance to use the Prima, is there much difference in success, do you have purpuric with the Prima?

Comment

The perfecta did the most dramatic improvement (by far) but was not the only thing that helped.

Diet: cut out triggers. For me to this is DEFINITELY.

1. Spicy hot food.
              I have an immediate severe reaction. My nose and area around my nose looks bright red whereas before it might have been a pale pink.
              Solved : cut out hot spicy food

2. Rubbing my face.
              Including washing. Scrubbing. Soaps and shampoos with perfumes or harsh chemicals..
              Solved: washed using the simple brand (no perfume or colours.
              Also didn't wash my face. Just let like warm water trickle down my forehead overy face .
              Unless absolutely. Necessary to use soap. Then I dab as opposed to rub.

3. Heat.
              Solved: let food cool down 5 to 10 minutes.
              Shower with cooler water.
              Sleep with a fan. Use a fan everyday if it's above 20 degrees

4. Diet.
              Solved: generally improved my diet. Brown rice replaces white rice (carbs are similar to sugars)
              Brown wheat replaces white wheat (brown/ whole-wheat pasta instead of white
              Less sugar.. Including jams, ketchups. Sauces. Sweets. Sugar in tea everything. Cut it down to an absolute minimum.
              At maximum I would allow myself one treat a day. But literally go Nazi on everything else.

I recommend natural safe sweeteners like Stevia
              Also generally strive to eat more healthy organic veg and less fried food or fast food.

(The above was very gradual over the course of a few years. But generally I think it improved things by roughly 40%

6 .
              LLT
              I had a red light and near red Array which a user on these forums constructed for me.
              It fit around my entire face top to bottom. Extremely bright.
              I definitely saw improvements 1 month with maximum effect in 3 months. Especially in regards to lower sensitivity against my triggers.
              This improved my condition possibly as much as 80%
              Now the only area effected is my nose and very slightly (tiny patches) around my nose and brow. Barely perceptible .

Almost entirely the problem is only my nose now

Perfecta V2 pulse dye.
              Eradicated the remaining 20% RAPIDLY
              I know they say it takes 6 weeks to recover (between treatments)
              And you should avoid sun and hot water for 2 weeks.
              But I literally see improvement and no burning or bruising left after JUST 3 DAYS.

The improvement is/was remarkable. No redness no apparent inflammation (I have questions regarding this) less spots (or whatever there called)
              Much less sensitivity.

I can eat with more flexibility and go outdoors in the sun more.
              I should point out though. I still recommend you keep to a healthy diet. Rosacea symptoms or not. And also follow the practicioners advice and avoid sun/heat for 2 weeks.
              It's an expensive treatment no need to be needlessly reckless

I finally found av2 perfecta in Germany it's been 2 days already in seeing the benefits. And that's despite the inevitable burning from the lazer on treatment day.
              I sure hope lockdown doesn't close the clinic down again.
              Or I may look into buying a home Lazer device myself.

It's 130 euros (for just my nose) I top up every 6 months = approx 22 dollars a month so 5.50 a week!!
              A bargain as far as I'm concerned for havingy life Back and being able to take my daughter to the park in the summer

I am not affiliated with V2 perfecta in any way.
              Just a person who suffers from Rosacea with low self esteem

Comment

Originally posted by pontypool View Post
                The perfecta did the most dramatic improvement (by far) but was not the only thing that helped.

Diet: cut out triggers. For me to this is DEFINITELY.

1. Spicy hot food.
                I have an immediate severe reaction. My nose and area around my nose looks bright red whereas before it might have been a pale pink.
                Solved : cut out hot spicy food

2. Rubbing my face.
                Including washing. Scrubbing. Soaps and shampoos with perfumes or harsh chemicals..
                Solved: washed using the simple brand (no perfume or colours.
                Also didn't wash my face. Just let like warm water trickle down my forehead overy face .
                Unless absolutely. Necessary to use soap. Then I dab as opposed to rub.

3. Heat.
                Solved: let food cool down 5 to 10 minutes.
                Shower with cooler water.
                Sleep with a fan. Use a fan everyday if it's above 20 degrees

4. Diet.
                Solved: generally improved my diet. Brown rice replaces white rice (carbs are similar to sugars)
                Brown wheat replaces white wheat (brown/ whole-wheat pasta instead of white
                Less sugar.. Including jams, ketchups. Sauces. Sweets. Sugar in tea everything. Cut it down to an absolute minimum.
                At maximum I would allow myself one treat a day. But literally go Nazi on everything else.

I recommend natural safe sweeteners like Stevia
                Also generally strive to eat more healthy organic veg and less fried food or fast food.

(The above was very gradual over the course of a few years. But generally I think it improved things by roughly 40%

6 .
                LLT
                I had a red light and near red Array which a user on these forums constructed for me.
                It fit around my entire face top to bottom. Extremely bright.
                I definitely saw improvements 1 month with maximum effect in 3 months. Especially in regards to lower sensitivity against my triggers.
                This improved my condition possibly as much as 80%
                Now the only area effected is my nose and very slightly (tiny patches) around my nose and brow. Barely perceptible .

Almost entirely the problem is only my nose now

Perfecta V2 pulse dye.
                Eradicated the remaining 20% RAPIDLY
                I know they say it takes 6 weeks to recover (between treatments)
                And you should avoid sun and hot water for 2 weeks.
                But I literally see improvement and no burning or bruising left after JUST 3 DAYS.

The improvement is/was remarkable. No redness no apparent inflammation (I have questions regarding this) less spots (or whatever there called)
                Much less sensitivity.

I can eat with more flexibility and go outdoors in the sun more.
                I should point out though. I still recommend you keep to a healthy diet. Rosacea symptoms or not. And also follow the practicioners advice and avoid sun/heat for 2 weeks.
                It's an expensive treatment no need to be needlessly reckless

I finally found av2 perfecta in Germany it's been 2 days already in seeing the benefits. And that's despite the inevitable burning from the lazer on treatment day.
                I sure hope lockdown doesn't close the clinic down again.
                Or I may look into buying a home Lazer device myself.

It's 130 euros (for just my nose) I top up every 6 months = approx 22 dollars a month so 5.50 a week!!
                A bargain as far as I'm concerned for havingy life Back and being able to take my daughter to the park in the summer

I am not affiliated with V2 perfecta in any way.
                Just a person who suffers from Rosacea with low self esteem
                I'm so glad you have had success with lasers, and also happy you're keeping your diet in check, which ultimately is a big contributor to inflammation. I have another Vbeam booked in late May (my last one was over 2 years ago), but my skin has got so bad in the last 6 months. Hoping for good results, which I have had previously! Will probably start a new thread to help people who are deciding on lasers or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Seb91 View Post
                  I'm so glad you have had success with lasers, and also happy you're keeping your diet in check, which ultimately is a big contributor to inflammation. I have another Vbeam booked in late May (my last one was over 2 years ago), but my skin has got so bad in the last 6 months. Hoping for good results, which I have had previously! Will probably start a new thread to help people who are deciding on lasers or not.
                  Hey Seb, it would be great if you made a thread. How long did your results normally last? 15 is quite a lot and it doesn't seem like a fun process at all, especially avoiding people for a while if the bruising is pretty severe. Do you think it caused actual damage to your skin over time? I've been on the fence about using laser and worried it would just make my flushing worse, but might consider it at some point in the next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Seb91 View Post
                    Hey..

2 years between treatments? Seems a bit extreme.

Because of covid regulations I was unable to get treatment for a while.
                    I got treated in January 2020.
                    The practicioners said every 6 months.
                    I missed my July appointment, my condition got somewhat worse after the 6 month period, but even by January 2021. My condition hadn't gone back completely to how it was. (It was almost there but not quite)

I really think the recommended 6 months between treatments is reasonable and accurate. Not just a marketing ploy to get you back more often.

Depends on your severity though.
                    If it's minimal. Maybe a year between treatments is fine. But if it's severe you might want to up the treatments to every 3 or 4 months?
                    But 2 years seems too long imo.

Bare in mind also.
                    When your symptoms are originally treated they have you come in for consultation treatments.
                    Which is between 3-5 treatments with only a 4- 6 week break in between. (I had 3)
                    Then once your symptoms are controlled you basically go back for a top up every 6 months.

If you go 2 years with no treatment you're probably going to need those 3-5 appointments again to get your condition to a level where only a bi annually top up is necessary

Wouldn't advise on missing top ups . It isn't worth the stress of your condition reverting back to square one.
                    Caused me a great deal of stress

Comment

Can you buy a pulse dye laser device for the home

Also keep meaning to ask. Do you know if you can actually buy one of these devices or something similar and more affordable.

Never know when there will be another lockdown or we need vaccine passports to get into a clinic (which I refuse to be forced into getting a vaccine)

Comment

Hey..

2 years between treatments? Seems a bit extreme.

Because of covid regulations I was unable to get treatment for a while.
                        I got treated in January 2020.
                        The practicioners said every 6 months.
                        I missed my July appointment, my condition got somewhat worse after the 6 month period, but even by January 2021. My condition hadn't gone back completely to how it was. (It was almost there but not quite)

I really think the recommended 6 months between treatments is reasonable and accurate. Not just a marketing ploy to get you back more often.

Depends on your severity though.
                        If it's minimal. Maybe a year between treatments is fine. But if it's severe you might want to up the treatments to every 3 or 4 months?
                        But 2 years seems too long imo.

Bare in mind also.
                        When your symptoms are originally treated they have you come in for consultation treatments.
                        Which is between 3-5 treatments with only a 4- 6 week break in between. (I had 3)
                        Then once your symptoms are controlled you basically go back for a top up every 6 months.

If you go 2 years with no treatment you're probably going to need those 3-5 appointments again to get your condition to a level where only a bi annually top up is necessary

Wouldn't advise on missing top ups . It isn't worth the stress of your condition reverting back to square one.
                        Caused me a great deal of stress
                        There?s nothing extreme about it to be honest, was just a case of my skin being in a place where I didn?t need lasers and was coping well. I?ve obviously had a number of lasers over the years, and from my experience, I don?t think it?s worth getting treatments when your skin doesn?t need it.

I would have tried to get a laser when it started to regress 6 months ago but all the clinics had closed. I definitely agree 6 months is a good timeline for most, that was my usual pattern, but having laser upon laser which I have done for 8 years isn?t ideal for your skin. I?m now trying to combine more of a holistic approach with the laser, as I know my rosacea will continue to come back if I don?t treat the root cause. I?m glad you?re doing well with lasers, in my 10 years, so far it?s the only thing that has had a really positive impact on my skin (albeit usually short term)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by beherenow View Post
                          Hey Seb, it would be great if you made a thread. How long did your results normally last? 15 is quite a lot and it doesn't seem like a fun process at all, especially avoiding people for a while if the bruising is pretty severe. Do you think it caused actual damage to your skin over time? I've been on the fence about using laser and worried it would just make my flushing worse, but might consider it at some point in the next few years.
                          Results vary! I?ll be honest, sometimes they can last months (3-6) but I?ve also had lasers that really haven?t done that much for my skin at all. Depending on the severity of your condition, but I?ve seen most improvement from bruising treatments (I have redness, flushing and burning). Whether it?s caused actual damage to my skin, that?s a question I wish I had the answer to. What?s so tough about rosacea is that it?s often progressive (ie, gets worse over time.) Mine started off as very mild, no one would have noticed for 7 years I would say. In the last 3 years, I?ve had persistent redness and visible flushing. I would say that if your condition is mild, I would try and tackle the root cause before you go to lasers?maybe get some comprehensive gut testing done to see if it?s linked. There?s a root cause of rosacea, you just have to piece together the pieces to find what?s driving the inflammation. Everyone is different, but it usually starts in the gut. If you just have flushing, I wouldn?t jump to lasers, understand what?s going on inside your body to manage it first. Get stool and blood tests done, they should help shed light on what?s going on inside your gut before you turn to lasers. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In the gut yeah? For example what could be wrong?

Would be interested in looking into that but I've moved to Germany and I'm confused about how to get booked into a practice.

Comment

In the gut yeah? For example what could be wrong?
                              Read this post to understand better.
                              Brady Barrows
                              Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Working...
                              X