Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr Miguel Montero - Discover Laser

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dr Miguel Montero - Discover Laser

    Hi UK friends

    Has anybody has any laser treatment for facial redness/veins by Dr Miguel Montero - Discover Laser ? if so, could you advise how you got on and what laser was used etc ?

    Also , do you know if they have a London clinic or is it just in Burnley ?

    Thanks
    MD

  • #2
    I don't have much time to post right now, but I think I posted in a thread about this in 2018. Overall I like him and think he takes the correct, cautious approach, but I would avoid YAG entirely and think Vbeam is a much better and safer approach than IPL.

    I don't think he is in London unless that changed recently.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jrlhamcat2 View Post
      I don't have much time to post right now, but I think I posted in a thread about this in 2018. Overall I like him and think he takes the correct, cautious approach, but I would avoid YAG entirely and think Vbeam is a much better and safer approach than IPL.

      I don't think he is in London unless that changed recently.

      Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      Hi jrlhamcat
      Thanks for the reply. Can I ask what treatment you had ? was it for facial redness or broken caps and did it work ?Also how many treatments and were they under Dr Montero himself

      Thanks again
      MD

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mirradodga View Post
        Hi jrlhamcat
        Thanks for the reply. Can I ask what treatment you had ? was it for facial redness or broken caps and did it work ?Also how many treatments and were they under Dr Montero himself

        Thanks again
        MD
        Can you search for the old thread? Let me know if you can't find it.

        Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jrlhamcat2 View Post
          Can you search for the old thread? Let me know if you can't find it.

          Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
          I have found your post
          Many thanks
          MD

          Comment


          • #6
            Hi

            I have had many treatments with Dr Montero and he is the best laser dermatologist I have visited.

            Unfortunately I had to stop seeing him as it was no longer financially viable (8 hour round trip) but if I lived closer I definitely would still be seeing him.

            I primarily had IPL treatments with him following Dr Crouch's protocol, however sometimes we would also include some non-bruising PDL as well.

            Ultimately I have found VBeam more effective than IPL (regardless of the practitioner) but I would highly recommend Dr Montero.

            Cheers

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Ihaveitnow View Post
              Hi

              I have had many treatments with Dr Montero and he is the best laser dermatologist I have visited.

              Unfortunately I had to stop seeing him as it was no longer financially viable (8 hour round trip) but if I lived closer I definitely would still be seeing him.

              I primarily had IPL treatments with him following Dr Crouch's protocol, however sometimes we would also include some non-bruising PDL as well.

              Ultimately I have found VBeam more effective than IPL (regardless of the practitioner) but I would highly recommend Dr Montero.

              Cheers
              Thanks for the update. Once the UK has settled down I will look into Vbeam as you suggest although still trying to find out if he offers the treatment in London ( maybe Harley st ) as Burnely is too far for me to travel to

              Cheers
              MD

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mirradodga View Post
                Thanks for the update. Once the UK has settled down I will look into Vbeam as you suggest although still trying to find out if he offers the treatment in London ( maybe Harley st ) as Burnely is too far for me to travel to

                Cheers
                MD
                Hey

                As far as I can re-call he only offers the treatment at Discover Laser in Burnley. I’m also based in the south and have found it difficult to find a dermatologist who offers the VBeam treatment for below £300.

                I currently go to a dermatologist in Swindon who offers it for £150 but it depends whether you are happy to travel that far.

                If you are interested, send me a private message so I get an email notification (I don’t really go on here that much).

                Cheers

                Comment

                Working...
                X